IOL & SHR Community Call - 20 November 2018 - Topic Suggestions

Dear All

On Tuesday 20th of November 2018, we have scheduled our monthly call and we would want to hear from the community if you have any preferred topics/key areas of interest that you feel you would be interested in discussing. If you have any contributions, please let me know ASAP so that the topics can be added to the agenda prior to the call.

Thanking you in advance.

···

Regards
Tariro Mandevani

Project Officer|Jembi Health Systems|South Africa

Cape Town Office:

Tel: +27(0)21 701 0939

Email: tariro.mandevani@jembi.org

Hi Tariro (and everyone).

I’d like to suggest a topic for our IOL/SHR community to take on during this year’s IHE work cycle. There is a work item that is progressing in IHE’s IT Infrastructure (ITI) technical committee. The detailed description of this work item is attached; it is related to a FHIR description of the ITI-8 transaction (which is a PIX transaction: Patient Identity Feed).

I know that this is, on the face of it, a client registry related work item – and to be sure, Shaun and the CR community are involved in this work item and its progress. But there is also a very important IOL/SHR aspect to this. ITI-8 includes support for the “merge” transaction. This transaction, and its behaviour, are not well defined within the FHIR specs and these ambiguities are, in the view of many (including the leadership of the ITI committee) a patient safety issue.

OpenHIE enjoys the advantage of a defined enterprise architecture, and there are many important ways this architecture helps clarify how FHIR behaviours may be operationalized. Luke Duncan (cc’d) and Daniel Berezeanu (an original co-author of PIXm) will be leading this work item in ITI – but in my view it will be important to also draw in our OpenHIE IOL/SHR community so that discussions of the health information linking/merging can benefit from this group’s experience and expertise in this area.

There is important (and hopefully useful) information about this topic to be found here:

https://hl7.org/fhir/2018May/patient.html (especially note sections 8.1.4, 8.1.5, 8.1.9 and 8.1.10)

https://mitre.github.io/ptmerge-interface/

Thanks and warmest regards,

Derek

Derek Ritz, P.Eng, CPHIMS-CA

ecGroup Inc.

+1 (905) 515-0045

This communication is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed, and may contain information which is privileged or confidential. Any other delivery, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality.

IHE PIXm ITI-8 on FHIR.docx (142 KB)

···

Dear All

On Tuesday 20th of November 2018, we have scheduled our monthly call and we would want to hear from the community if you have any preferred topics/key areas of interest that you feel you would be interested in discussing. If you have any contributions, please let me know ASAP so that the topics can be added to the agenda prior to the call.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

Tariro Mandevani

Project Officer|Jembi Health Systems|South Africa

Cape Town Office:

Tel: +27(0)21 701 0939

Email: tariro.mandevani@jembi.org

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Interoperability Layer (OpenHIE)” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhie-interoperability-layer+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.