IHE proposal for aggregate health data profile

Hi all

I have put up a draft proposal for a new IHE work item here. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LVlUS9oMlWKuOcvV-K5uwEGXSFQCwqeZe4rHtovgOco/edit#

Please send comments via the list (If you want to be a direct editor, please ask me). We need to be done with this tomorrow so not much time. I have tried to keep things simple as possible. And my aim is to try and keep it that way :slight_smile:

Regards

Bob

I see we (myself include - slap!) have started making discussion on the document. This is quite a large group and I am not sure I want to allow the world to edit. So we should make an effort to comment via the list.

There have been quite a few comments regarding scope. Its my hope that we restrict this as much as possible as we start out while leaving sensible extension points. If the scope creeps a little along the way then that will be the way it goes.

The FiHR reference was really more an indication that the vast sentiment in our known-universe of collaborators is strongly biased towards REST and strongly turned off by SOAP/WSDL et al. If people don’t think it adds value to state that in the initial proposal I’ll happily remove or modify it.

Regards

Bob

···

On 24 September 2014 16:50, Bob Jolliffe bobjolliffe@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all

I have put up a draft proposal for a new IHE work item here. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LVlUS9oMlWKuOcvV-K5uwEGXSFQCwqeZe4rHtovgOco/edit#

Please send comments via the list (If you want to be a direct editor, please ask me). We need to be done with this tomorrow so not much time. I have tried to keep things simple as possible. And my aim is to try and keep it that way :slight_smile:

Regards

Bob

OK I’ve done a few small language edits, and

1. on Carl’s advice I’ve dropped the fihr/rest api reference; and

2. on Calle’s advice, I’ve switched the two exemplifying cases so as not to over-emphasise the EHR-HMIS link.

I’m holding firm on the restricted scope at present, though I expect to see some creep (despite attempts to brutally suppress) as we go along.

The way things will unfold from here is outlined below:

======= snip ============

Summary of IHE’s Multi-Phase Proposal Process: Submit Brief Proposals by September 26, 2014

Planning Committee’s Proposal Review Webinars-Decision Meetings: Week of September 29, 2014

All Proposal authors are required to present a 15 minute summary of their Brief Proposal on one of these Webinars. Exact dates will be announced in September. Please anticipate participating in 1-3 webinars. These Webinars will be decision meetings and count toward retaining/obtaining active voting rights.

2015 Planning Proposal Evaluation Kickoff: October 22-23, 2014, Oak Brook, IL

We urge those who submit proposals or white papers to attend this meeting in person or by phone. In-person advocacy has proven to be the most effective way to ensure your Brief Proposal is understood and accepted by the committee.

2015 Technical Committee Proposal Evaluation Meeting: November 12-13, 2014, Oak Brook, IL

Authors whose Brief Proposals are accepted and given to the IHE QRPH Technical Committee for review are required to write and present a Detailed Proposal during this meeting.

Action

1. Email the completed Brief Proposal to qrph@ihe.net by 11:59pm September 26, 2014.

2. Apply for IHE International’s free Organizational Membership.  If your proposal is accepted you will be required to attend QRPH regular teleconferences and meetings where membership is required.

3. Contact qrph@ihe.net with questions/comments.

We look forward to working with you during the IHE Publication Cycle.

======= snip ============

All things being equal I think I should send this off tomorrow and we cross the start line …

Regards

Bob

···

On 25 September 2014 00:05, Bob Jolliffe bobjolliffe@gmail.com wrote:

I see we (myself include - slap!) have started making discussion on the document. This is quite a large group and I am not sure I want to allow the world to edit. So we should make an effort to comment via the list.

There have been quite a few comments regarding scope. Its my hope that we restrict this as much as possible as we start out while leaving sensible extension points. If the scope creeps a little along the way then that will be the way it goes.

The FiHR reference was really more an indication that the vast sentiment in our known-universe of collaborators is strongly biased towards REST and strongly turned off by SOAP/WSDL et al. If people don’t think it adds value to state that in the initial proposal I’ll happily remove or modify it.

Regards

Bob

Hi all

Regards

Bob

Hi Bob.

I think this is a really strong proposal and definitely would recommend that it’s good-to-go and ready for submission.So you know, I plan to be in Chicago on Oct 23rd for the F2F meeting, provided that another proposal I’ve jointly submitted with CDC gets thru to the next round. If this one does as well (and I anticipate both will), then I’d be happy to speak to this in person if you’re not able to attend. The F2F meeting is Oct 22 & 23 and it is to present to the committee and (hopefully) be voted as one of the coming year’s work items.

Warmest regards – and complements on the excellent work,

Derek.

···

On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 11:51:00 AM UTC-4, Bob Jolliffe wrote:

Hi all

Regards

Bob

Thanks Derek. Nice to know you plan to be in Chicago. I am extremely unlikely to attend unless there is sentiment to reconvene in Dublin. Which wouldn’t be such a bad idea … we should work on that :slight_smile: Meanwhile I am sure I will manage the horrible webex thing …

···

On 25 September 2014 19:42, Derek Ritz derek.ritz@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Bob.

I think this is a really strong proposal and definitely would recommend that it’s good-to-go and ready for submission.So you know, I plan to be in Chicago on Oct 23rd for the F2F meeting, provided that another proposal I’ve jointly submitted with CDC gets thru to the next round. If this one does as well (and I anticipate both will), then I’d be happy to speak to this in person if you’re not able to attend. The F2F meeting is Oct 22 & 23 and it is to present to the committee and (hopefully) be voted as one of the coming year’s work items.

Warmest regards – and complements on the excellent work,

Derek.

On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 11:51:00 AM UTC-4, Bob Jolliffe wrote:

Hi all

Regards

Bob

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Open HMIS” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to open-hmis+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Some work in progress - the 15 min presentation for tomorrow. I’m a bit stuck on what to put in slide on Use Cases - how much detail etc. And market Readiness? Anyway will refine further this afternoon. Any inputs welcome. Probably I need to cut some boring text as well.

IHE_Profile_Proposal_aggdata.pptx (4 MB)

···

Hi all

Regards

Bob