Working Document on Use Cases

Folks,

I’ve created a document that “burning story” that drives me forward.

https://wiki.ohie.org/display/SUB/Primary+Use+Cases+of+OpenHIE

I would appreciate comments, or edits. I would like to understand any disagreements. Are they additions? Alternatives? Corrections?

Mark

···

Mark Tucker

Systems Engineer

Regenstrief Institute

(317)423-5552

mtucker2@regenstrief.org

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or privileged information and are intended
solely for the use of the named addressee(s). Additionally, the information contained herein may have been disclosed to you from medical records with confidentiality protected by federal and state laws. Federal regulations and State laws prohibit you from
making further disclosure of such information without the specific written consent of the person to whom the information pertains or as otherwise permitted by such regulations. A general authorization for the release of medical or other information is not
sufficient for this purpose.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the original message. Any retention, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited

Hi Mark,

This is great. I agree in general with the use cases that you have specified. I have listed some comments below:

1. For use case 3 you have the edge node resolving a global id directly with the CR. Under the RHIE project we do this at the central node. The reason being that we cannot always rely on the edge node having connectivity 100% of the time. So we rely on the central node (interoperability layer) to resolve various id’s for the edge node. The central node resolves the client id, provider id and facility id as well as enriches the message with additional client demographics if needed. In your case how would this work in the offline mode? Would the edge node keep trying the CR for a response and then when it gets a response, send the message on to the SHR?
  2. For use case 1 how does the edge node system get the unique client ID to use in the save encounter message? I’d imagine some interaction with the CR would be required here, this could happen either directly from the edge node or in a central node. In the RHIE this happens in the interoperability layer again.
    Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Tucker, Mark mtucker2@regenstrief.org wrote:

Folks,

I’ve created a document that “burning story” that drives me forward.

https://wiki.ohie.org/display/SUB/Primary+Use+Cases+of+OpenHIE

I would appreciate comments, or edits. I would like to understand any disagreements. Are they additions? Alternatives? Corrections?

Mark

Mark Tucker

Systems Engineer

Regenstrief Institute

(317)423-5552

mtucker2@regenstrief.org

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or privileged information and are intended
solely for the use of the named addressee(s). Additionally, the information contained herein may have been disclosed to you from medical records with confidentiality protected by federal and state laws. Federal regulations and State laws prohibit you from
making further disclosure of such information without the specific written consent of the person to whom the information pertains or as otherwise permitted by such regulations. A general authorization for the release of medical or other information is not
sufficient for this purpose.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the original message. Any retention, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Interoperability Layer (OpenHIE)” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhie-interoperability-layer+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Ryan Crichton

Software Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org