What HL7 version is supported by the SHR?

Hello,

I’m working on a project where I need to send a CDA message to the HIE and is meant to be eventually consumed by the SHR, from the documentation on the wiki I’m a little confused by what version of HL7 is implemented by the CDA message format that can be processed by the SHR, can someone please clarify this? And do you think it’s the same case for other registries in the HIE? Thanks in Advance!

Wyclif

Hello,

CDA is a specialized product developed from HL7 Version 3. You will find references to CDA Release 1, which is what that is out there now. I am not sure how CDA is consumed by the SHR.

Mead

···

From: openhie-shr@googlegroups.com [mailto:openhie-shr@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of wyclif@openmrs.org
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2016 4:39 PM
To: Shared Health Record (OpenHIE) openhie-shr@googlegroups.com
Subject: What HL7 version is supported by the SHR?

Hello,

I’m working on a project where I need to send a CDA message to the HIE and is meant to be eventually consumed by the SHR, from the documentation on the wiki I’m a little confused by what version of HL7 is implemented by the CDA message format that can be processed by the SHR, can someone please clarify this? And do you think it’s the same case for other registries in the HIE? Thanks in Advance!

Wyclif

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Shared Health Record (OpenHIE)” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhie-shr+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thanks Maed

That’s what I thought, what I don’t understand is why the sample message on the wiki has a different format but I guess I was looking at the wrong message here. It would be nice to add to the wiki sample messages or links to where the sample CDA messages can be found, may be this is the wrong forum to ask for this.

Wyclif

···

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 4:47:31 PM UTC-4, dmead wrote:

Hello,

CDA is a specialized product developed from HL7 Version 3. You will find references to CDA Release 1, which is what that is out there now. I am not sure how CDA is consumed by the SHR.

Mead

From: openh...@googlegroups.com [mailto:openh...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of wyc...@openmrs.org
To: Shared Health Record (OpenHIE) openh...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Wyclif

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Shared Health Record (OpenHIE)” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhie-shr...@googlegroups.com.

Hi Wycliff,

That is an older specification from the days of Rwanda HIE implementation. The newer stuff can be found here - https://wiki.ohie.org/display/documents/OpenHIE+Workflows

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 11:07 PM wyclif@openmrs.org wrote:

Thanks Maed

That’s what I thought, what I don’t understand is why the sample message on the wiki has a different format but I guess I was looking at the wrong message here. It would be nice to add to the wiki sample messages or links to where the sample CDA messages can be found, may be this is the wrong forum to ask for this.

Wyclif

Hello,

Mead

From: openh...@googlegroups.com [mailto:openh...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of wyc...@openmrs.org

Hello,

Wyclif

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhie-shr...@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhie-shr+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Ryan Crichton

Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

HI,

I just looked at the sample. What you are seeing is an HL7 Version 2 message that uses XMS encoding (as opposed to the HL7 proprietary encoding). This is very different from CDA. The only point in common is that both use XML.

Mead

···

From: openhie-shr@googlegroups.com [mailto:openhie-shr@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of wyclif@openmrs.org
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2016 5:08 PM
To: Shared Health Record (OpenHIE) openhie-shr@googlegroups.com
Cc: wyclif@openmrs.org
Subject: Re: What HL7 version is supported by the SHR?

Thanks Maed

Wyclif

Hello,

Mead

Hello,

Wyclif

Thanks Ryan,

I actually saw that page, I looked at the PDFs linked to and I was a little confused, it’s a little abstract when it comes to figuring out the actual structure of the CDA document, I was hoping to find something similar to this FHIR’s resource list page where for instance I can find a link to the encounter resource and know its data elements.

Wyclif

···

On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 2:49:56 AM UTC-4, Ryan Crichton wrote:

Hi Wycliff,

That is an older specification from the days of Rwanda HIE implementation. The newer stuff can be found here - https://wiki.ohie.org/display/documents/OpenHIE+Workflows

Cheers,

Ryan

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 11:07 PM wyc...@openmrs.org wrote:

Thanks Maed

Wyclif

Hello,

Mead

Hello,

Wyclif

Ryan Crichton

Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org