Welcome and Introductions

Good Day all

Welcome to the OpenHIE Implementers Network. We are excited to have started this new forum and really want to welcome all. Each of you have probably received an invitation email and we encourage you to invite others who may find the concept of this forum interesting. We look forward to building this network out with yourselves. As a team we are looking to make this a network driven communications forums where our (the network collective’s) needs and questions are answered and discussed.

With that said we encourage the asking of questions, the raising of suggestions; we’ve put a draft “canned” invitation text on the wiki to help anyone along with rapidly drafting invitations.

As we get going it would be good to get a sense of the network and the current members. Could I ask for a round of introductions from each of us, particularly outlining which of the 3 groups:

1. Country implementers
  2. Domain experts
  3. Developers wanting to adopt and implement OpenHIE standards.
    best describes your interest in OpenHIE.

Carl Fourie, Senior Program Manager, Jembi Health Systems NPC (South Africa)

I have interest in all 3 groups but more closely align to the Country Implementers group. I’m looking to see how we can learn from others and add to the networks understanding of how to best approach and implement OpenHIE in the developing settings.

···

Regards
Carl Fourie

Senior Program Manager | Digital Health Division

Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27 71 540 4477 | Office: +27 21 701 0939 | Skype: carl.fourie17
E-mail: carl.fourie@jembi.org

Email Disclaimer:

This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.

Hello! I am Alvin Marcelo and I wear two hats – one is associate professor at the University of the Philippines Manila (interest in country implementer → Philippine Health Information Exchange) and the other is executive director of the Asia eHealth Information Network (interest in Developers wanting to adopt and implement OpenHIE standards).

Looking forward to learning from the others and likewise share our own experiences in Asia/Philippines…

alvin

···

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Carl Fourie carl@jembi.org wrote:

Good Day all

Welcome to the OpenHIE Implementers Network. We are excited to have started this new forum and really want to welcome all. Each of you have probably received an invitation email and we encourage you to invite others who may find the concept of this forum interesting. We look forward to building this network out with yourselves. As a team we are looking to make this a network driven communications forums where our (the network collective’s) needs and questions are answered and discussed.

With that said we encourage the asking of questions, the raising of suggestions; we’ve put a draft “canned” invitation text on the wiki to help anyone along with rapidly drafting invitations.

As we get going it would be good to get a sense of the network and the current members. Could I ask for a round of introductions from each of us, particularly outlining which of the 3 groups:

1. Country implementers
  2. Domain experts

I have interest in all 3 groups but more closely align to the Country Implementers group. I’m looking to see how we can learn from others and add to the networks understanding of how to best approach and implement OpenHIE in the developing settings.

Regards
Carl Fourie

Email Disclaimer:

This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-implementers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to ohie-implementers@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohie-implementers/CAFNRjWi6Yst_SS4TYN0AtvRJT47vM1MUUTCZJ4LYHPCWpuxk9w%40mail.gmail.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Alvin B. Marcelo

Pls update your address book with my new email address - admarcelo@up.edu.ph

Hi!

Jamie Thomas, Global Health Project Manager / Communications, Regenstrief Institute (Indianapolis, Indiana)

I wake up in the morning thinking about OpenHIE and how the community can better communicate internally and externally. I have an interest in learning more about the need of all 3 groups.

**Jamie Thomas **|****Health Information Project Manager/Communications

Center for Biomedical Informatics

F447BFA7-64CF-416E-9382-5383D9F359EA[15].png

1101 West Tenth Street

Indianapolis, IN 46202

Web and email addresses, and phone numbers will remain the same.

Tel 317-274-9218 | Fax 317-274-9305

Email: jt48@regenstrief.org | Skype: jamie.thomas5670 | Twitter: @RegenstriefGHI

www.regenstrief.org

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or privileged
information and are intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s). Additionally, the information contained herein may have been disclosed to you from medical records with confidentiality protected by federal and state laws. Federal regulations and
State laws prohibit you from making further disclosure of such information without the specific written consent of the person to whom the information pertains or as otherwise permitted by such regulations. A general authorization for the release of medical
or other information is not sufficient for this purpose.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the original message. Any retention,
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

···

Regards
Carl Fourie

Email Disclaimer:

• This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the
    author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for
    the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.*

Hi Everyone,

I’m Craig Appl from the Grameen Foundation. I work on the MOTECH platform as a technical program manager and am excited about this group starting. MOTECH focuses on connecting point of service applications to infrastructure systems like DHIS2 through API connections. We’re working on expanding this to better integrate with OpenHIE by adopting IHE standards. I’m particularly interested in what happens between the OpenHIM and the point of service. I was a small scale implementer before this position and aim to contribute lessons from working in remote areas to this group.

Sincerely,

Craig

···

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 11:04:01 PM UTC-7, carl wrote:

Good Day all

1. Country implementers
  2. Domain experts

Regards
Carl Fourie

E-mail: carl....@jembi.org

Email Disclaimer:

I am Niamh Darcy (work at RTI) and currently do TA work in Tanzania, on the Health Facility Registry, and the Care Delivery TWG (next generation EMR, MCI and
SHR). My focus is less on the actual software coding, and more on the architecture, design, user interface design, requirements, testing, release management. And of course related to all of this is organization, process and governance.

Also providing TA in Indonesia, which is very de-centralized so each district operates their own HIS infrastructure, with central level more defining what data
needs to be shared than setting HIS implementation standards.

On Behalf Of Carl Fourie

···

Good Day all

Welcome to the OpenHIE Implementers Network. We are excited to have started this new forum and really want to welcome all. Each of you have probably received an
invitation email and we encourage you to invite others who may find the concept of this forum interesting. We look forward to building this network out with yourselves. As a team we are looking to make this a network driven communications forums where our
(the network collective’s) needs and questions are answered and discussed.

1. Country implementers

2. Domain experts

I have interest in all 3 groups but more closely align to the Country Implementers group. I’m looking to see how we can learn from others and add to the networks understanding of how to best approach and implement
OpenHIE in the developing settings.

Regards
Carl Fourie

Email Disclaimer:

• This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected
    this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated
    companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.*

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
ohie-implementers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to
ohie-implementers@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohie-implementers/CAFNRjWi6Yst_SS4TYN0AtvRJT47vM1MUUTCZJ4LYHPCWpuxk9w%40mail.gmail.com

Hi all,

I’m Ryan Crichton, a Lead Developer at Jembi Health Systems.

I’ve been responsible for the Interoperability Layer and Shared Health Record reference applications for OpenHIE and for helping to facilitate discussions around these tools. I have an active interest in seeing how OpenHIE can be pragmatically applied to real world problems.

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 1:36 AM Darcy, Niamh ndarcy@rti.org wrote:

I am Niamh Darcy (work at RTI) and currently do TA work in Tanzania, on the Health Facility Registry, and the Care Delivery TWG (next generation EMR, MCI and
SHR). My focus is less on the actual software coding, and more on the architecture, design, user interface design, requirements, testing, release management. And of course related to all of this is organization, process and governance.

Also providing TA in Indonesia, which is very de-centralized so each district operates their own HIS infrastructure, with central level more defining what data

From: ohie-implementers@googlegroups.com [mailto:ohie-implementers@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Carl Fourie
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 2:04 AM
To: ohie-implementers@googlegroups.com

Subject: [ohie-implementers] Welcome and Introductions

Good Day all

Welcome to the OpenHIE Implementers Network. We are excited to have started this new forum and really want to welcome all. Each of you have probably received an
invitation email and we encourage you to invite others who may find the concept of this forum interesting. We look forward to building this network out with yourselves. As a team we are looking to make this a network driven communications forums where our

1. Country implementers
  2. Domain experts

I have interest in all 3 groups but more closely align to the Country Implementers group. I’m looking to see how we can learn from others and add to the networks understanding of how to best approach and implement

Regards
Carl Fourie

Email Disclaimer:

• This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected
    this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated
    companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.*

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohie-implementers/CAFNRjWi6Yst_SS4TYN0AtvRJT47vM1MUUTCZJ4LYHPCWpuxk9w%40mail.gmail.com

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-implementers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohie-implementers/BY1PR0701MB19094D5DDBE9F84CDC8CD637C2720%40BY1PR0701MB1909.namprd07.prod.outlook.com.

Ryan Crichton

Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

Morning All

Its great to have you each on the network. We are really looking forward to sinking our teeth into what it means to be Implementers. Its is great to see the various view points coming out in this forum and I want to continue to encourage everyone to introduce themselves and own the Network as a place to ask the questions we have on our minds. As a collective we want to make sure that we are open to answering or directing members to the answers they are looking for (and finding those that don’t exist yet) - don’t be shy, say “hi”.

We have a thread going asking “What are we missing” on the wiki and it is aiming to get a better sense of what would be useful to see when you land on the OpenHIE Experimenters wiki page. Again I’d like to personally encourage each and every one to consider this and drop a line, a thought, make a change. Great to meet you all and hoping to see your names pop up on the lists.

Cheers - Carl

Oh and as always feel free to invite friends and family (those who would find value in what we are doing as a team) to join our discussions.

···

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Ryan Crichton ryan@jembi.org wrote:

Hi all,

I’m Ryan Crichton, a Lead Developer at Jembi Health Systems.

I’ve been responsible for the Interoperability Layer and Shared Health Record reference applications for OpenHIE and for helping to facilitate discussions around these tools. I have an active interest in seeing how OpenHIE can be pragmatically applied to real world problems.

Cheers,

Ryan

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 1:36 AM Darcy, Niamh ndarcy@rti.org wrote:

From: ohie-implementers@googlegroups.com [mailto:ohie-implementers@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Carl Fourie
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 2:04 AM
To: ohie-implementers@googlegroups.com

Subject: [ohie-implementers] Welcome and Introductions

Good Day all

1. Country implementers
  2. Domain experts

Regards
Carl Fourie

Email Disclaimer:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohie-implementers/BY1PR0701MB19094D5DDBE9F84CDC8CD637C2720%40BY1PR0701MB1909.namprd07.prod.outlook.com.

Ryan Crichton

Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohie-implementers/CABh-%2BTLX-Kc6cSx2FFHrK6rM1N0ruLUxSpXZddOX_OwNoGjufw%40mail.gmail.com.

Regards
Carl Fourie

Email Disclaimer:

Hi everyone,

I’m Pierre Dane, Software Development Manager at Jembi Health Systems. I work with the Jembi team on all our openHIE related technology.

I’ve been heavily involved in interoperability with the HMIS component (DHIS2) from source systems like openMRS and project like MomConnect which use components of the openHIE architecture at a national level.

We are currently working with Regenstrief to add a facility registry to DATIM, which will use a generic FHIR matching service to help with de-duplication of facilities at a global level.

My Jembi colleagues and I are passionate about interoperability and data exchange using openHIE methodologies, and the application of these to functioning national public health information systems.

Looking forward to active collaboration with this group!

···

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 8:04:01 AM UTC+2, carl wrote:

Good Day all

1. Country implementers
  2. Domain experts

Regards
Carl Fourie

Email Disclaimer:

Hi Everyone.

My name is Derek Ritz. I work as a health informatics professional and have been (and am) involved in numerous digital health initiatives in southern Africa, the middle east, and in Asia-Pacific. I look forward to participating in this group and to focusing on the ways our digital health infrastructures can deliver value in the countries we work in. There is no sugar-coating it… to deliver value, we need to “make it go”. And to make it deliver value on a population basis, we need to make it go to scale.

I am excited to be part of this conversation.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

···

On Wednesday, 11 May 2016 02:04:01 UTC-4, carl wrote:

Good Day all

1. Country implementers
  2. Domain experts

Regards
Carl Fourie

Email Disclaimer:

Hi All,

It is great to see the Implementer Network underway here. My name is Scott Teesdale, I am a program manager at InSTEDD - a design and technology non-profit organization. I also help manage the OpenHIE Facility Registry community, along with Eduardo Jezierski. My personal background lends itself primarily to the first two categories: Implementing eHealth/mHealth systems and Public Health Domain Expertise (e.g., Disease Surveillance, Laboratory Diagnostics, & Epidemiology). That said, I increasingly believe in the immense value of interdisciplinary teams where implementers and technology/domain experts collaborate on the major health challenges of our day. I really am looking forward to the upcoming discussions that will come through this venue.

Best,

Scott

···

Scott Teesdale
Program Manager - InSTEDD

Email: steesdale@instedd.org

Social: Twitter / LinkedIn

Hi everyone!

My name is Amanda Puckett BenDor and I am a Technical Advisor at IntraHealth International. I wear several hats like many of you but they all relate to health systems strengthening and improving health services via strong health information systems and data use. I’m thrilled to join this forum of experts to help make bringing OpenHIE to scale.

At IntraHealth I am an enthusiastic member of our Informatics team, namely leading our mHero work through the USAID Ebola Grand Challenge. Attached is a paper Carl Fourie (Jembi) and I recently co-wrote with Dykki Settle (PATH) about Interoperability, eArchitecture, Standards and Open Data. You may find some of this useful for the OpenHIE Guidebook.

I also serve as one of the co-chairs of the Global Digital Health Network. I do hope we are able to share more about OpenHIE and HIS interoperability through this Network of over 2,500 members to raise the awareness of HIS strengthening.

Looking forward to engaging with the group!

Amanda

**Amanda Puckett BenDor **

Technical Advisor, Digital Health and Knowledge Management

Co-Chair Global Digital Health Network

mHero Global Coordinator

IntraHealth International**| **Because Health Workers Save Lives.

6340 Quadrangle Drive, Suite 200 | Chapel Hill, NC 27517

t. +1 (919) 313-9122 | m. +1 (919) 624-2486

apuckett@intrahealth.org

mHero_Spotlight_Interoperability_Final.pdf (688 KB)

···

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 2:04:01 AM UTC-4, carl wrote:

Good Day all

1. Country implementers
  2. Domain experts

Regards
Carl Fourie

Email Disclaimer:

Dear colleagues,

I’m Lungi Okoko. As of last week, I was the HIS lead within the Development Informatics team with USAID/Washington’s Global Development Lab. I transitioned to a new position based in Luanda with the USAID/Angola Mission.

Looking forward to learning from and engaging with this network!

Best,

···

Lungi Okoko, MPH | Senior Malaria Advisor| President’s Malaria Initiative

USAID/Angola****| c/o Embassy of the United States ****| Rua Houari Boumedienne, #32, Miramar

Luanda, Angola ****| M. +244.943.595.892 | lokoko@usaid.gov

Hi team,
My name is Richard Gakuba. I an eHealth consultant and founder and Director of Health Systems Innovations Ltd, an eHealth consulting company based in Rwanda. I am currently working in Liberia advisor to the MOH focusing mainly on Interoperability, Logistic Management Information System, Human Resource Information System, Performance-based Financing Information and the HMIS. I am introducing the OpenHIE model for interchangeability. I previously worked in Guinea doing similar work and in Rwanda as OpenHIE country implementation coordinator and before that as eHealth coordinator for over eight years.
Great to connect with you all.

Richard

···

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 8:04:01 AM UTC+2, carl wrote:

Good Day all

1. Country implementers
  2. Domain experts

Regards
Carl Fourie

Email Disclaimer: