Using a Facility Registry API - mCSD & FHIR?

Hello all,

Just a quick question that hopefully I didn’t miss the answer to in some obvious place. In terms of applications developing as a client to a Facility Registry (as in software), the current recommendation is to use CSD and the FRED-API, however as I understand
it the mCSD (as in the few FHIR STU 3 Resources) is where the momentum is headed. Is that true? And if so is there a timeline for when the recommendation might shift to mCSD & FHIR?

Thanks.

Best,

Josh

OutlookEmoji-1505175255759_C3C4E560-47CC-4722-931B-8A0685299D79.pnge5677de1-8384-48c7-a5ce-408be795166e.png

···

Josh Zamor

OpenLMIS Architect

josh.zamor@openlmis.org

OpenLMIS.org
OpenLMIS Wiki

Hi Josh,

I’m not sure of the development priorities of the Facility Registries, but I hope mCSD is taken up. It is currently in trial implementation so the more testing the can be done the better so we can make any adjustments to the profile that may be needed. I’ll be testing out our InterLinked Registry implementation at the IHE connectathon in January.

I don’t believe it would take too much work to support the Care Services Update Supplier actor, with the Location option, which is how the registry can share updates since a given time. The Care Services Selective Supplier would take a bit more work as you would have to set up the queries and there also the Location Distance option.

I’m happy to answer any questions about it.

Thanks,
Luke

···

On Monday, September 11, 2017 at 6:21:17 PM UTC-6, Josh Zamor wrote:

Hello all,

Just a quick question that hopefully I didn’t miss the answer to in some obvious place. In terms of applications developing as a client to a Facility Registry (as in software), the current recommendation is to use CSD and the FRED-API, however as I understand
it the mCSD (as in the few FHIR STU 3 Resources) is where the momentum is headed. Is that true? And if so is there a timeline for when the recommendation might shift to mCSD & FHIR?

Thanks.

Best,

Josh

Josh Zamor

OpenLMIS Architect

josh....@openlmis.org

OpenLMIS.org
OpenLMIS Wiki

1505175255759_C3C4E560-47CC-4722-931B-8A0685299D79.png