supporting a linkage between subjects of care and providers of care

Hi all.

I’d like to put an agenda item on our radar that will relate/connect our OpenHIE HWR work to universal health coverage (UHC) initiatives. At present, we do not explicitly support the extended data in our client registry that would allow a cross-reference to be established between a subject of care and a provider of care. I’d like to recommend that we light up a joint work item with the OpenHIE Client Registry community to leverage the PIX and PDQ profiles’ ability to support this extended data – and that we dial in the Interoperability Layer community to ensure that this cross referencing points to a validated HWR ID#.

Creating such a linkage between client and health worker would support all kinds of important health management and health financing workflows.Even though there is no change needed in our HWR-related transactions (ITI-73 and ITI-74) to support this new linkage, I feel strongly that our HWR community should take the lead in this collaborative, cross-community effort. This client-HW linkage is directly related to important health human resource management and performance-based financing workflows that our HWR implementing partners deal with.

I hope we can talk about this on tomorrow’s HWR community call. If there is a consensus to move forward, then we can bring it up with the other community leads and (if there is agreement to do so) then make a work item proposal to the architecture community.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

Sounds like a good topic for tomorrow.

Cheers,
-carl

···

On Jul 5, 2016 15:08, “Derek Ritz” derek.ritz@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all.

I’d like to put an agenda item on our radar that will relate/connect our OpenHIE HWR work to universal health coverage (UHC) initiatives. At present, we do not explicitly support the extended data in our client registry that would allow a cross-reference to be established between a subject of care and a provider of care. I’d like to recommend that we light up a joint work item with the OpenHIE Client Registry community to leverage the PIX and PDQ profiles’ ability to support this extended data – and that we dial in the Interoperability Layer community to ensure that this cross referencing points to a validated HWR ID#.

Creating such a linkage between client and health worker would support all kinds of important health management and health financing workflows.Even though there is no change needed in our HWR-related transactions (ITI-73 and ITI-74) to support this new linkage, I feel strongly that our HWR community should take the lead in this collaborative, cross-community effort. This client-HW linkage is directly related to important health human resource management and performance-based financing workflows that our HWR implementing partners deal with.

I hope we can talk about this on tomorrow’s HWR community call. If there is a consensus to move forward, then we can bring it up with the other community leads and (if there is agreement to do so) then make a work item proposal to the architecture community.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Health Worker Registry” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to provider-registry+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.