SHR/IL call this week

Hi all,

Does anyone have any topics that they would like to discuss on this week’s call. If not, then we will cancel the call for this week.

Please let us know if you would like to suggest a topic.

Thanks,

Ryan

···

Ryan Crichton

Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

Hi Ryan.

I’d welcome a chance to discuss how we can implement basic consent management in the v2 release of OpenHIE. I’ve attached the doc I prepared last year on this topic, and I explicitly included Justin on this email so that he can add notes regarding his ideas on the topic, too.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

Derek Ritz, P.Eng., CPHIMS-CA

ecGroup Inc.

+1 (905) 515-0045

This communication is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed, and may contain information which is privileged or confidential. Any other delivery, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality.

15-04-13 OpenHIE Consent – draft for discussion v0.1.docx (820 KB)

···

From: openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com [mailto:openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Ryan Crichton
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 6:15 AM
To: openhie-shr@googlegroups.com; openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com
Subject: SHR/IL call this week

Hi all,

Does anyone have any topics that they would like to discuss on this week’s call. If not, then we will cancel the call for this week.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan Crichton

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Interoperability Layer (OpenHIE)” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhie-interoperability-layer+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Derek,

Sure, we can use the call today to discuss this. We have discussed this many times on these calls before, perhaps today we should try decide on something concrete to put down for OpenHIE v2. Something to get us started with privacy and consent management.

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 6:14 AM Derek Ritz (ecGroup) derek.ritz@ecgroupinc.com wrote:

Hi Ryan.

I’d welcome a chance to discuss how we can implement basic consent management in the v2 release of OpenHIE. I’ve attached the doc I prepared last year on this topic, and I explicitly included Justin on this email so that he can add notes regarding his ideas on the topic, too.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

ecGroup Inc.

+1 (905) 515-0045

This communication is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed, and may contain information which is privileged or confidential. Any other delivery, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality.

From: openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com [mailto:openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Ryan Crichton
To: openhie-shr@googlegroups.com; openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan Crichton

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Interoperability Layer (OpenHIE)” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhie-interoperability-layer+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Ryan Crichton

Hi all,

Please note that the call is today at 4pm SAST / 10am ET.

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 8:30 AM Ryan Crichton ryan@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Derek,

Sure, we can use the call today to discuss this. We have discussed this many times on these calls before, perhaps today we should try decide on something concrete to put down for OpenHIE v2. Something to get us started with privacy and consent management.

Cheers,

Ryan

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 6:14 AM Derek Ritz (ecGroup) derek.ritz@ecgroupinc.com wrote:

Hi Ryan.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

ecGroup Inc.

+1 (905) 515-0045

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan Crichton

Ryan Crichton

Ryan Crichton

Hi All,

I have attached the presentation I gave on this topic a few months back. Unfortunately I will be unable to attend this call as I have a conflict at this time.

A few messages I have repeated and will repeat:

The importance of separating policy from mechanism: As a body (OpenHIE) which produces generic software and specifications we must understand that we can’t (and shouldn’t)
prescribe policy by implementing a mechanism which is so rigid it cannot be adapted to new environment / policy models.

Watch the coupling: The mechanism should be transparent to implementations and standards. You
do not want to introduce tight coupling between systems by making assumptions about how a particular system operates or what it “knows”.

Cohesion: Don’t extend system’s scope of work beyond what that module is supposed to do. Always ask “Should X be concerned with functionality Y?”.

Follow the standard / profiles: If something isn’t mentioned in the IHE profile, or if there is a different profile which does what you’re looking for, then you should
leverage those mechanisms instead of extending.

Cheers

-Justin

Privacy & Security Maturity Model.pptx (248 KB)

···

Hi Derek,

Sure, we can use the call today to discuss this. We have discussed this many times on these calls before, perhaps today we should try decide on something concrete to put down for OpenHIE v2. Something to get us started with privacy and
consent management.

Cheers,

Ryan

Hi Ryan.

I’d welcome a chance to discuss how we can implement basic consent management in the v2
release of OpenHIE. I’ve attached the doc I prepared last year on this topic, and I explicitly included Justin on this email so that he can add notes regarding his ideas on the topic, too.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

**Derek Ritz,**P.Eng., CPHIMS-CA

ecGroup Inc.

+1 (905) 515-0045

This communication is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed, and may contain
information which is privileged or confidential. Any other delivery, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality.

openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com [mailto:openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Ryan Crichton
To: openhie-shr@googlegroups.com;
openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan Crichton

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

openhie-interoperability-layer+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Ryan Crichton