Services -- "Transparent Services"

Thank you Chris. Beautiful distinctions.

The word I was groping for is “Transparent/Invisible”. Perfect.

Thank you. Thank you.

On Behalf Of Chris Ford

···

Hi all,

Following yesterday’s call, and Mark’s suggestion that we should be thinking about what “services” the interoperability layer needs to provide.

I think the capabilities the interoperability layer needs fall into three categories: ones that are invisible to edge applications, ones that are served by a single registry, and ones that require coordination between registries.

Transparent services

• Authorise

• Encrypt

• Route

• Normalise

Cross-registry capabilities

• Care plan

• Register encounter

Single-registry capabilities

• Lookup provider

• Lookup facility

• Lookup health record

• Lookup terminology terminology

I’d be particularly interested in any more that people can suggest that fall into the cross-registry category, as I think that’s where most of the complexity (and therefore discussion) will fall.

Cheers,

Chris

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Interoperability Layer (OpenHIE)” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
openhie-interoperability-layer+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Chris,

This is great. Thanks for putting this together.

From our experience with the Rwandan HIE the lookup of the patient record is also a cross-registry function. This is because the patient’s and the provider’s identity need to be resolved against the relevant registries before the response message is returned to the service requester so that the message can be enriched with identifier that the client will understand.

I’ve updated the list you have to represent the above and added a few more capabilities to the list. I’ve also added another set of services called the mediation services. These are the functions that are optional and transaction specific These allow orchestration to occur if it is needed. We can think of these services as modules that can be added to the system dynamically to allow a specific transaction to be transformed and orchestrated. Do others agree with this?

Transparent services

• Authorise

• Encrypt

• Route
    Mediation Services

• Normalise

• Orchestration

• De-normalise

• Care plan

• Register encounter

• Lookup health record

• Lookup patient

• Register patient

• Lookup provider

• Lookup facility

• Lookup terminology

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Tucker, Mark mtucker2@regenstrief.org wrote:

Thank you Chris. Beautiful distinctions.

The word I was groping for is “Transparent/Invisible”. Perfect.

Thank you. Thank you.

From: openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com [mailto:openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Chris Ford
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:10 AM
To: openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com
Subject: Services

Hi all,

Following yesterday’s call, and Mark’s suggestion that we should be thinking about what “services” the interoperability layer needs to provide.

I think the capabilities the interoperability layer needs fall into three categories: ones that are invisible to edge applications, ones that are served by a single registry, and ones that require coordination between registries.

Transparent services

• Authorise
  • Encrypt
  • Route
  • Normalise
  • Care plan
  • Register encounter
  • Lookup provider
  • Lookup facility
  • Lookup health record
  • Lookup terminology terminology
    I’d be particularly interested in any more that people can suggest that fall into the cross-registry category, as I think that’s where most of the complexity (and therefore discussion) will fall.

Cheers,

Chris

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Interoperability Layer (OpenHIE)” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
openhie-interoperability-layer+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhie-interoperability-layer+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Ryan Crichton

Software Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org