Sending PIX message to OpenHIE

Hi all,

I am working on creating an Interoperability module for OpenMRS. This module aims to send a PAM message each time a new patient is created in OpenMRS. Since OpenHIE does not have an MLLP endpoint I have verified this with PAM Simulator and have got successful results.

Now my next goal is to send PIX message to OpenHIE. I have completed creation of the message and verified it with Gazelle simulator to check if the message is as per PIX standard. However sending to the simulator I did using MLLP (as that is what the simulator supported), but I believe OpenHIE expects it over HTTP. I am looking to send the message over HTTP to OpenHIE. Could someone guide me with the configuration details of the PIX endpoint and how I can send it over HTTP.

Thanks & Regards

Sara Fatima

Thanks for driving this forward Sarah!

Ryan Yates (CC’d) can provide guidance as to the best strategy for interfacing with the OpenHIE demo instance. (a.k.a. the “sandbox”)

Best,

Shaun

···

Shaun J. Grannis, MD MS FACMI FAAFP
Biomedical Research Scientist, The Regenstrief Institute

Associate Professor, I.U. School of Medicine
410 West 10th Street, Suite 2000
Indianapolis, IN 46202
(317) 274-9092 (Office)
(317) 274-9305 (Fax)

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Sara Fatima sara.mirza14@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

I am working on creating an Interoperability module for OpenMRS. This module aims to send a PAM message each time a new patient is created in OpenMRS. Since OpenHIE does not have an MLLP endpoint I have verified this with PAM Simulator and have got successful results.

Now my next goal is to send PIX message to OpenHIE. I have completed creation of the message and verified it with Gazelle simulator to check if the message is as per PIX standard. However sending to the simulator I did using MLLP (as that is what the simulator supported), but I believe OpenHIE expects it over HTTP. I am looking to send the message over HTTP to OpenHIE. Could someone guide me with the configuration details of the PIX endpoint and how I can send it over HTTP.

Thanks & Regards

Sara Fatima

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Architecture” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-architecture+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Sara,

If you check out the bottom of the page on demo.ohie.org It has info/credentials on how to interact with the different components of OpenHIE. This is largely untested on the demo site so if you have any issues let me know and we can work on it.

-Ryan

···

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Shaun Grannis sgrannis@gmail.com wrote:

Ryan Yates (CC’d) can provide guidance as to the best strategy for interfacing with the OpenHIE demo instance. (a.k.a. the “sandbox”)

Best,

Shaun

Indianapolis, IN 46202
(317) 274-9092 (Office)

(317) 274-9305 (Fax)

Hi all,

Thanks & Regards

Sara Fatima

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Architecture” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-architecture+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Hi Sara,

I am not sure if what I am about to propose is consistent with the latest guidelines of the OpenHIE but if you want to interact with the Client Registry directly, it exposes an MLLP interface and can process PIX messages.

Best regards,
Odysseas

···

On 07/15/2014 11:27 AM, Ryan Yates wrote:

Hi Sara,

If you check out the bottom of the page on demo.ohie.org <http://demo.ohie.org> It has info/credentials on how to interact with the different components of OpenHIE. This is largely untested on the demo site so if you have any issues let me know and we can work on it.

-Ryan

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Shaun Grannis <sgrannis@gmail.com > <mailto:sgrannis@gmail.com>> wrote:

Ryan Yates (CC'd) can provide guidance as to the best strategy for
    interfacing with the OpenHIE demo instance. (a.k.a. the "sandbox")

Best,

Shaun
    ----
    Indianapolis, IN 46202
    (317) 274-9092 <tel:%28317%29%20274-9092> (Office)
    (317) 274-9305 <tel:%28317%29%20274-9305> (Fax)

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Sara Fatima > <sara.mirza14@gmail.com <mailto:sara.mirza14@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi all,

I am working on creating an Interoperability module for
        OpenMRS. This module
        <https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/IHE+Interoperability+-+Patient+Administration+Management&gt;
        aims to send a PAM message each time a new patient is created
        in OpenMRS. Since OpenHIE does not have an MLLP endpoint I
        have verified this with PAM Simulator and have got successful
        results
        <https://github.com/saramirza14/openmrs-module-iheinteroperability&gt;\.
        Now my next goal is to send PIX message to OpenHIE. I have
        completed creation of the message and verified it with Gazelle
        simulator to check if the message is as per PIX standard.
        However sending to the simulator I did using MLLP (as that is
        what the simulator supported), but I believe OpenHIE expects
        it over HTTP. I am looking to send the message over HTTP to
        OpenHIE. Could someone guide me with the configuration details
        of the PIX endpoint and how I can send it over HTTP.

Thanks & Regards
        Sara Fatima

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
        Google Groups "OpenHIE Architecture" group.
        To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from
        it, send an email to
        ohie-architecture+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:ohie-architecture+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com>.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenHIE Architecture" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-architecture+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com <mailto:ohie-architecture+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com>.

--
Odysseas Pentakalos, Ph.D., PMP
Chief Technology Officer
SYSNET International, Inc.
2930 Oak Shadow Drive
Oak Hill, Virginia 20171
mailto:odysseas@sysnetint.com
(703) 855-2029

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for the guidelines.

I am confused at a point, here the diagram shows the PoC (which is OpenMRS in my case) registers the patient with the IL which intern registers with CR. So by sending to the IL will it automatically register with CR, or should I explicitly need to send the message to the IL and then the CR.

···

Regards

Sara Fatima

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 8:57 PM, Ryan Yates ryan@openmrs.org wrote:

Hi Sara,

If you check out the bottom of the page on demo.ohie.org It has info/credentials on how to interact with the different components of OpenHIE. This is largely untested on the demo site so if you have any issues let me know and we can work on it.

-Ryan

Best,

Shaun

Indianapolis, IN 46202
(317) 274-9092 (Office)

(317) 274-9305 (Fax)

Hi all,

Thanks & Regards

Sara Fatima

Hi Sara,

You are correct, within the OpenHIE workflows you should only need to send the PIX message over HTTP to the IL and it will handle communication with CR. I would suggest starting there. Currently the IL in the demo only supports receiving these messages as XML over HTTP. We could also try sending PIX messages directly to the CR via it MLLP interface if you feel that would be beneficial (this isn’t how it should be done within OpenHIE though).

So what you would want to do is to send the message using the following details:

• Host: iol.sandbox.ohie.org
  • Port: 5001 (5000 for ssl but this may be more difficult)
  • Basic auth details:
  • username: admin
  • password: admin
  • HTTP method: POST
  • HTTP Path: /ws/rest/v1/patients/
    Then you could log into the CR (OpenEMPI) an check if the patient was created or not. Let us know if you have any trouble.

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 5:59 PM, Sara Fatima sara.mirza14@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for the guidelines.

I am confused at a point, here the diagram shows the PoC (which is OpenMRS in my case) registers the patient with the IL which intern registers with CR. So by sending to the IL will it automatically register with CR, or should I explicitly need to send the message to the IL and then the CR.

Ryan Crichton

Software Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

Regards

Sara Fatima

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 8:57 PM, Ryan Yates ryan@openmrs.org wrote:

Hi Sara,

-Ryan

Best,

Shaun

Indianapolis, IN 46202
(317) 274-9092 (Office)

(317) 274-9305 (Fax)

Hi all,

Thanks & Regards

Sara Fatima