The architecture community is seeking comments on its definition of Indicator registry. Please make all comments by September 10th, 2020.
The draft definition can be found at this link on Slide One: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1D2wIh4faclyTeuE5PqoCjGAetJoCx49orkqneL_mYvQ/edit#slide=id.g5bbc9f5238_0_197
The draft of the text as of 8/10/20 is posted below as well for those who would prefer to comment here.
An Indicator Registry (IR) provides an authoritative source for definitions of indicators, quality and performance measures and other forms of aggregate reporting. An IR should provide functionality which includes:
- editing and versioned publishing of aggregate report definitions
- subscribing and relaying of disaggregation terminologies referenced in an aggregate report definition
- uploading of local code lists used in aggregate report definitions
- subscribing and relaying aggregate report definitions from external sources
- grouping of related aggregate report definitions based on thematic area and disaggregation dimensions
- Perhaps add requirements around frequency of reporting, tagging “owner/editor” of indicator
- Perhaps add calculations of indicators (aggregating from patient level, or indicator to indicator) e.g. CQL in a FHIR Library
An IR may also provide lightweight management of the terminologies (code lists) used as disaggregation dimensions in an aggregate report including:
- mapping of local codes to the codes required in the definition of the aggregate report
- editing, publishing/versioning and other basic curation functions for the management of code lists and terminologies