Save encounter workflow - Resolving a health workers identify

Hi all,

I’ve created this thread so that the Interoperability Layer community and the Provider Registry community can discuss the interaction with the PR as a part of the save encounter workflow.

Here is the link to the workflow: https://wiki.ohie.org/display/documents/Save+encounter+workflow (see [5] and [6])

In this workflow the IL attempts to resolve a health workers identity and the PR returns that health workers enterprise identifier that the IL can use for further processing.

What standard makes the most sense to use for this interaction? From our discussions at the architecture meeting it seemed like using CSD to search for a provider would be suitable. Should we make use of the CSD profile for this communication or are there any other standards that others would like to suggest for this?

Cheers,

Ryan

···

Ryan Crichton

Software Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

Hi Health Worker Registry community,

I just wanted to touch base on this discussion from what was discussed on the last health worker registry call. We discussed defining a CSD query function that would allow us to query for a list of a health workers list of OIDs (identifiers). I have gone and updated the save encounter workflow to reflect this (see the details of step 5 and 6 in the table). I probably have some of this wrong so please let me know if this need to be changed or added. Better yet, please feel free to edit the page directly. I know this community has a better understanding of CSD than I do.

Let me know what you think and I everyone feels that this is the correct approach to take.

Thanks,

Ryan

···

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Ryan Crichton ryan@jembi.org wrote:

Hi all,

I’ve created this thread so that the Interoperability Layer community and the Provider Registry community can discuss the interaction with the PR as a part of the save encounter workflow.

Here is the link to the workflow: https://wiki.ohie.org/display/documents/Save+encounter+workflow (see [5] and [6])

In this workflow the IL attempts to resolve a health workers identity and the PR returns that health workers enterprise identifier that the IL can use for further processing.

What standard makes the most sense to use for this interaction? From our discussions at the architecture meeting it seemed like using CSD to search for a provider would be suitable. Should we make use of the CSD profile for this communication or are there any other standards that others would like to suggest for this?

Cheers,

Ryan

Ryan Crichton

Ryan Crichton