Sandbox Rebranding and OHIE Demo

To the OHIE Sandbox community,

REBRANDING (see details below)

A couple of years ago, the Sandbox community was established to stand up a demonstration of the work that was foundational to the birth of OpenHIE. The OHIE community has since evolved and the needs of the OHIE community are also evolving. To best support the OHIE Community, the Sandbox Community has been working to define it’s evolving role in the community and select a name that reflects the role that it will play moving forward. Below is the rebranding that we will be sharing with the larger OHIE community early next week. Once this is announced, you will also begin seeing changes to google groups and wiki pages.

Please let me know if you have any feedback on the rebranding below.

OHIE DEMO

As a part of thinking about how we demonstrate OpenHIE, the community has decided to remove the Rwanda demo and seek to load a demo that is more representative of OpenHIE. This process of removing the current demo will be beginning immediately. We are seeking ways to use existing work to quickly replace the demo and have action items to begin moving this forward. We will let you know once we have more information on a replacement. Please see yesterday’s community meeting notes for further information on this decision.

Thanks!

Jennifer

NEW NAME: OHIE DevOps Community - DevOps is a term that notes the intersection of development, operations and quality assurance.

SCOPE of the OHIE DevOps Community: The OHIE DevOps Community will provide strategy, leadership and coordination for meeting the following community needs:

**1. Verify integration **

a. Verify integration of reference applications

through IHE testing and any other standards testing

through IHE testing and any other standards testing

through OpenHIE integration testing

by determining a strategy for answering the question “what does my application need to do to be OHIE compliant”

b. Verify 3rd Party Application Integration

by determining a strategy for answering the question “what does my application need to do to be OHIE compliant”

1. **Communicate and Demonstrate OHIE Concepts **

a. Providing access to a demonstration tool that communicates OHIE concepts

infrastructure that supports multiple use cases

re-usable architecture

1. **Support Implementer Use of OHIE **
···

Link to implementer community to assist in providing desired resources for things like

Connection Tooling (i.e., connecting OpenMRS to OpenHIE)

Component Packaging

Documentation