Review of the requirements for OpenSHR and Interoeprability Layer

Hi all,

As most of you are aware we are in the process of evaluating the options for a Shared Health Record and Interoperability layer for use with the OpenHIE project. This involves reviewing what we have created for Rwanda and looking at new options as well.

At the moment we are trying to define the requirements for a SHR and an Interoperability Layer for use within OpenHIE so that we have something to evaluate against.

We would like to ask you to help us by reviewing the documentation that has been created from the discussions of these communities and ensure we have captured your idea of a SHR and Interoperability layer correctly. These are designed to be stick men that we are ready to alter as need be so feel free to add comments, or point out things that we have missed, or even suggest completely different paradigms that we should explore as a group. Here are the links for review. Please review the sections marked use cases and requirements:

SHR: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vv_2QPr5nfVWmAp3YuT__8l3zect1ZLvzRKvivxkvls/edit#

Interoperability Layer: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1doz07xPGcta_1lu1f_9xgNuveN8d70dU0hgz7P6tJtk/edit#

Thanks all, we hope to go over the input that we have received on the next call. We will send out an invite soon.

Thanks,

Ryan

···

Ryan Crichton

Senior Software Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

Hi Ryan,

Sorry for not getting to this sooner than I had hoped. We had some domestic projects that required a little TLC :wink: … I have posted comments/questions/thoughts in the SHR document and should work through the interoperability layer later today/tomorrow.

Cheers

-Justin

···

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:14:33 AM UTC-5, Ryan Crichton wrote:

Hi all,

As most of you are aware we are in the process of evaluating the options for a Shared Health Record and Interoperability layer for use with the OpenHIE project. This involves reviewing what we have created for Rwanda and looking at new options as well.

At the moment we are trying to define the requirements for a SHR and an Interoperability Layer for use within OpenHIE so that we have something to evaluate against.

We would like to ask you to help us by reviewing the documentation that has been created from the discussions of these communities and ensure we have captured your idea of a SHR and Interoperability layer correctly. These are designed to be stick men that we are ready to alter as need be so feel free to add comments, or point out things that we have missed, or even suggest completely different paradigms that we should explore as a group. Here are the links for review. Please review the sections marked use cases and requirements:

SHR: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vv_2QPr5nfVWmAp3YuT__8l3zect1ZLvzRKvivxkvls/edit#

Interoperability Layer: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1doz07xPGcta_1lu1f_9xgNuveN8d70dU0hgz7P6tJtk/edit#

Thanks all, we hope to go over the input that we have received on the next call. We will send out an invite soon.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan Crichton

E-mail: ry...@jembi.org

Great, thanks Justin. You comment are very useful. I’ve just been reading the ones from OpenSHR. If you have any fundamentally different view we are interested in hearing those welcome. These documents are very much working drafts :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM, Justin (Mohawk College) justin.fyfe1@mohawkcollege.ca wrote:

Hi Ryan,

Sorry for not getting to this sooner than I had hoped. We had some domestic projects that required a little TLC :wink: … I have posted comments/questions/thoughts in the SHR document and should work through the interoperability layer later today/tomorrow.

Cheers

-Justin

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan Crichton

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIM-Dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhim-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Ryan Crichton

Great, thanks Justin. You comment are very useful. I’ve just been reading the ones from OpenSHR. If you have any fundamentally different views we are interested in hearing those to. These documents are very much working drafts :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:16 AM, Ryan rg.crichton@gmail.com wrote:

Great, thanks Justin. You comment are very useful. I’ve just been reading the ones from OpenSHR. If you have any fundamentally different view we are interested in hearing those welcome. These documents are very much working drafts :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Ryan

Ryan Crichton

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM, Justin (Mohawk College) justin.fyfe1@mohawkcollege.ca wrote:

Hi Ryan,

Cheers

-Justin

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan Crichton

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIM-Dev” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhim-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Ryan Crichton

Hi Ryan,

I don’t think I have a different view of the SHR, it really depends on how the group envisions the software being deployed and/or used. I’ve brought some biases
to the commentary which reflect our environment/development which may not be the target environment for OpenSHR.

Cheers

-Justin

On Behalf Of Ryan

···

Great, thanks Justin. You comment are very useful. I’ve just been reading the ones from OpenSHR. If you have any fundamentally different views we are interested in hearing
those to. These documents are very much working drafts :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Ryan

Cheers,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Sorry for not getting to this sooner than I had hoped. We had some domestic projects that required a little TLC :wink: … I have posted comments/questions/thoughts in the SHR document and should work through the interoperability layer later
today/tomorrow.

Cheers

-Justin

Hi all,

As most of you are aware we are in the process of evaluating the options for a Shared Health Record and Interoperability layer for use with the OpenHIE project. This involves reviewing what we have created for Rwanda and looking at new
options as well.

We would like to ask you to help us by reviewing the documentation that has been created from the discussions of these communities and ensure we have captured your idea of a SHR and Interoperability layer correctly. These are designed to
be stick men that we are ready to alter as need be so feel free to add comments, or point out things that we have missed, or even suggest completely different paradigms that we should explore as a group. Here are the links for review. Please review the sections
marked use cases and requirements:

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan Crichton

Mobile:
+27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
openhim-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out

Ryan Crichton

Mobile:

Ryan Crichton

Great. Thanks for the insight, Justin.

Ryan

···

On 27 Feb 2013 18:45, “Fyfe, Justin” justin.fyfe1@mohawkcollege.ca wrote:

Hi Ryan,

I don’t think I have a different view of the SHR, it really depends on how the group envisions the software being deployed and/or used. I’ve brought some biases
to the commentary which reflect our environment/development which may not be the target environment for OpenSHR.

Cheers

-Justin

From: rg.crichton@gmail.com [mailto:rg.crichton@gmail.com]
On Behalf Of Ryan
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 3:18 AM
To: Fyfe, Justin
Cc: openhim-dev@googlegroups.com; openhie-shr@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Review of the requirements for OpenSHR and Interoeprability Layer

Great, thanks Justin. You comment are very useful. I’ve just been reading the ones from OpenSHR. If you have any fundamentally different views we are interested in hearing
those to. These documents are very much working drafts :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Ryan

Cheers,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Sorry for not getting to this sooner than I had hoped. We had some domestic projects that required a little TLC :wink: … I have posted comments/questions/thoughts in the SHR document and should work through the interoperability layer later
today/tomorrow.

Cheers

-Justin

Hi all,

As most of you are aware we are in the process of evaluating the options for a Shared Health Record and Interoperability layer for use with the OpenHIE project. This involves reviewing what we have created for Rwanda and looking at new
options as well.

We would like to ask you to help us by reviewing the documentation that has been created from the discussions of these communities and ensure we have captured your idea of a SHR and Interoperability layer correctly. These are designed to
be stick men that we are ready to alter as need be so feel free to add comments, or point out things that we have missed, or even suggest completely different paradigms that we should explore as a group. Here are the links for review. Please review the sections
marked use cases and requirements:

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan Crichton

Mobile:

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
openhim-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out

Ryan Crichton

Mobile:

Ryan Crichton

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended

only for the individual or entity named in the message. If the reader

of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible

to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that

any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication

is prohibited. If this communication was received in error, please

notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy

the original message.