Review and evaluation of OpenHIM suitability

Hi all,

As a part of the OpenHIE initiative, the OpenHIM is at a point where it is time to review and evaluate whether the design decisions, the architecture and the tools used in the OpenHIM are the best and will suit the project going forward.

This mean that we will need to do a few things.

1. Evaluate the architecture of the OpenHIM
  2. Evaluates the technologies used within the OpenHIM
  3. Conduct a performance analysis on the OpenHIM to ensure it will scale to the required level
  4. Evaluate alternatives to the OpenHIM and determine if they are more suitable
    Over the next few months we will compile answer to each of these questions and I’d like to get as much input as possible for this from this community so that we can adjust course if needed.

I will start separate threads for discussion of each of these items in time. I will start off with number 1 shortly and let you all know how to contribute in a separate email. I will also ask specific member of the community to try spend some time reviewing specific items.

Let me know if you have any questions or if there are other topics or general evaluation criteria that we should be considering. This is an open process and I’d like to get as much community feedback as possible! Any comment on how we can go about each of these would be highly beneficial.

Thanks,

Ryan

···

Ryan Crichton

Senior Software Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org