Question about point of service provider to HIE workflow

Hi Everyone,

I’m learning about the workflows around the health worker registry in OpenHIE. I see that there’s the ability to query health workers in the OpenHIE workflows v1 and v2, but I don’t see any way to create health workers in OpenHIE. I expect we would want to query the HWR when a user account is created in the clinic EMR and register them in the HIE if they don’t appear to be registered already in the HWR.

How is this being handled in different implementations? Is there a central authority managing all of the health workers and directly adding them to the HWR?

Thank you,

Craig

Hi Craig,

The role of the HWR is to pull in one or more data sources on health workers. These data sources only have to answer the simple “give me all the changes to HW data since X” query rather than support full CRUD-style operations. If you are familiar with iHRIS, that would be an example of a source data system.

Currently, the HWR is compliant with the CSD standards which is XML based. We are currently going through a refresh of CSD to the “mCSD” standard which is based on HL7 FHIR. The standard mCSD will have the same types of transactions with CSD which are needed for federated and cross-jurisdictional/cross-enterprise data exchange. That being said, because we are adopting HL7 FHIR which has the CRUD operations defined,

(as well as the ones we will be making of for the exchange), it will be clear how a source data system can support CRUD operations if they choose to do so.

Cheers,

-carl

···

On Feb 28, 2017, at 4:02 PM, Craig Appl cappl@uw.edu wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I’m learning about the workflows around the health worker registry in OpenHIE. I see that there’s the ability to query health workers in the OpenHIE workflows v1 and v2, but I don’t see any way to create health workers in OpenHIE. I expect we would want to query the HWR when a user account is created in the clinic EMR and register them in the HIE if they don’t appear to be registered already in the HWR.

How is this being handled in different implementations? Is there a central authority managing all of the health workers and directly adding them to the HWR?

Thank you,

Craig

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Health Worker Registry” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to provider-registry+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.