Question about client registry de-duplication and SOPs

Hello colleagues

Apologies for cross posting to two OHIE groups - this one and the OpenHIE implementers one.

I attended a MOH workshop on client registry, and it prompted me to have some questions that I hope can be answered by the OpenHIE community.

1. How is de-duplication and conflict resolution done in countries who have implemented client registries? For example is it fully automated without human review, or is human review of possible matches and conflicts done by central system administrators (and do they try to phone the client?), or are messages about possible matches and conflicts sent from the client registry to the Point of Service systems to ask them to do human review and/or verify the data the next time they see the client ?

2. Are there any SOPs or business processes which show how client registries are used in typical implementing countries? For example simple steps which explain how the Point of Service systems interact with the client registry in different circumstances (eg if they are offline when the client visits and later go online, if they are online at the time the client visits, if a new registration is needed, if an existing registration needs to be either updated or corrected etc, when conflicts and duplicates are identified etc). What I am looking for are simple readable step-by-step workflows or flowcharts for how the human user of the PoS system, the PoS system and the client registry interact in different circumstances.

I realise that that different countries/contexts will have different de-duplication protocols and different workflows, but it would be great to get some examples of how this is done in different contexts.

Best wishes

Elaine

In the Western Cape South Africa a lot of focus is given to the PoS side of things, with a human doing the review in real time. There is also MPI ‘hygiene’ activities on batches of duplicates offline.

···

Pierre Dane
Director of Technology

Jembi Health Systems NPC