Provider sync between POC applications and the PR

Hi,

Jeremy and I had a discussion on the need to sync data between registries / SHR / POC.

We were most concerned about provider data and concept mapping data.

Looking through what i’d worked on awhile back, I came up with the provider sync module https://github.com/jembi/rhea-hieprovider-helper

The purpose of this module was to allow the POC to interact with the PR to sync its provider data. Using HPD queries, the POC sends lists of providers to the PR to be validated. The PR validates them, and returns info on each provider to the POC, which can then be acted upon.

We started work on this module, but as I remember, we stopped work until the PR could support interactions with us.

I wanted to ask, is this on anyone’s priorities list ?

Best Regards,
Suranga

Hi Derek,

Thanks, I wrote this up using HDP several months back, but never really had the chance to compare notes as to where we stood on integration.

So, if I were to switch to using CSD, does the PR already have an interface which would accept my request and provide me with the data that I need ?

So the interaction i’m thinking of is 1) POC makes CSD call to HIM, 2) HIM makes CSD call to PR 3) PR returns the data we need to the HIM in CSD format

···

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Derek Ritz (Hotmail) ops_djritz@hotmail.com wrote:

Hi all.

I think the provider sync module could perhaps consider supporting the new IHE CSD profile rather than HPD. This profile could also support an organization sync, facility sync and a services sync (coded care activities… such as CPT codes, for example – or coded facility attributes such as water point, electricity, etc.).

There is an active OpenHIE project underway regarding CSD; InSTEDD, DHIS, Jembi and IntraHealth are participating in it.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

-------------------------

Derek Ritz

+1 (905) 515-0045

From: provider-registry@googlegroups.com [mailto:provider-registry@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Suranga Kasthurirathne
Sent: November 13, 2013 10:54 AM
To: provider-registry@googlegroups.com
Subject: Provider sync between POC applications and the PR

Hi,

Jeremy and I had a discussion on the need to sync data between registries / SHR / POC.

Looking through what i’d worked on awhile back, I came up with the provider sync module https://github.com/jembi/rhea-hieprovider-helper

The purpose of this module was to allow the POC to interact with the PR to sync its provider data. Using HPD queries, the POC sends lists of providers to the PR to be validated. The PR validates them, and returns info on each provider to the POC, which can then be acted upon.

We started work on this module, but as I remember, we stopped work until the PR could support interactions with us.

Best Regards,

Suranga

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Provider Registry” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to provider-registry+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Best Regards,

Suranga

Hi Suranga,

I think it would be good to pick this up again and using CSD would be ideal. The PR will support CSD soon and I believe that this will be implemented in the RHIE soon as well. Also, the OpenHIM will be implementing CSD as well as a CSD InfoManager and will be able to respond to request in CSD to the POC.

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 9:22 PM, Suranga Kasthurirathne surangakas@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Derek,

Thanks, I wrote this up using HDP several months back, but never really had the chance to compare notes as to where we stood on integration.

So, if I were to switch to using CSD, does the PR already have an interface which would accept my request and provide me with the data that I need ?

So the interaction i’m thinking of is 1) POC makes CSD call to HIM, 2) HIM makes CSD call to PR 3) PR returns the data we need to the HIM in CSD format

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Provider Registry” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to provider-registry+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Ryan Crichton

Software Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Derek Ritz (Hotmail) ops_djritz@hotmail.com wrote:

Hi all.

I think the provider sync module could perhaps consider supporting the new IHE CSD profile rather than HPD. This profile could also support an organization sync, facility sync and a services sync (coded care activities… such as CPT codes, for example – or coded facility attributes such as water point, electricity, etc.).

There is an active OpenHIE project underway regarding CSD; InSTEDD, DHIS, Jembi and IntraHealth are participating in it.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

Derek Ritz

+1 (905) 515-0045

From: provider-registry@googlegroups.com [mailto:provider-registry@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Suranga Kasthurirathne

Hi,

Best Regards,

Suranga

Suranga

Best Regards,

Hi Suranga,

If I recall, the requests that the POC application are quite basic, along the lines of “give me all the provider information associated to the person with NID = XXXX”. In this case, it would also be pretty easy for the CSD InfoMan to parse the DSML document that the provider module is sending and return the DSML document that it expects.

However, if your use cases grow in amount or complexity, it may be worthwhile to move away from HPD/DSML.

Cheers

-carl

···

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 9:22 PM, Suranga Kasthurirathne surangakas@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Derek,

Ryan Crichton

Hi all.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

Derek Ritz

+1 (905) 515-0045

Hi,

Best Regards,

Suranga

Suranga

Best Regards,

Hmm… @Carl, at this point, I don’t really see my use case growing beyond this.

Do you mean to say that the CSD features being added to the PR will be able to manage my DSML messages anyway ? that would be great, because then i’d be able to get something working faster, as opposed to having to manage the additional workload of switching away from HPD :slight_smile:

···

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Carl Leitner litlfred@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Suranga,
If I recall, the requests that the POC application are quite basic, along the lines of “give me all the provider information associated to the person with NID = XXXX”. In this case, it would also be pretty easy for the CSD InfoMan to parse the DSML document that the provider module is sending and return the DSML document that it expects.

However, if your use cases grow in amount or complexity, it may be worthwhile to move away from HPD/DSML.

Cheers

-carl

On Nov 14, 2013, at 4:20 AM, Ryan Crichton ryan@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Suranga,

I think it would be good to pick this up again and using CSD would be ideal. The PR will support CSD soon and I believe that this will be implemented in the RHIE soon as well. Also, the OpenHIM will be implementing CSD as well as a CSD InfoManager and will be able to respond to request in CSD to the POC.

Cheers,

Ryan

Best Regards,

Suranga

Hi Derek,

Ryan Crichton

Hi all.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

Derek Ritz

+1 (905) 515-0045

Hi,

Best Regards,

Suranga

Suranga

Best Regards,

Dear Suranga,

Unfortunately, there is no free lunch… someone will have to do some work at some point — either for CSD to respond to the DSML or for the provider module to make a request of CSD.

I would encourage switch to a “native CSD" solution as it seems to have more support than HPD in our community. You can see examples of native CSD provider reposes and requests here:

http://csd.ihris.org:8984/CSD/test

In particular I would suggest looking at “provider_search_by_id"

Cheers.

-carl

···

Hi Suranga,

Cheers

-carl

Hi Suranga,

Cheers,

Ryan

Best Regards,

Suranga

Hi Derek,

Ryan Crichton

Hi all.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

Derek Ritz

+1 (905) 515-0045

Hi,

Best Regards,

Suranga

Suranga

Best Regards,

I agree, a native CSD solution sound more promising to me as well.

Ryan

···

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Carl Leitner litlfred@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Suranga,

Unfortunately, there is no free lunch… someone will have to do some work at some point — either for CSD to respond to the DSML or for the provider module to make a request of CSD.

I would encourage switch to a “native CSD" solution as it seems to have more support than HPD in our community. You can see examples of native CSD provider reposes and requests here:

http://csd.ihris.org:8984/CSD/test

In particular I would suggest looking at “provider_search_by_id"

Cheers.

-carl

On Nov 14, 2013, at 2:36 PM, Suranga Kasthurirathne surangakas@gmail.com wrote:

Hmm… @Carl, at this point, I don’t really see my use case growing beyond this.

Do you mean to say that the CSD features being added to the PR will be able to manage my DSML messages anyway ? that would be great, because then i’d be able to get something working faster, as opposed to having to manage the additional workload of switching away from HPD :slight_smile:

Ryan Crichton

Hi Suranga,

Cheers

-carl

Hi Suranga,

Cheers,

Ryan

Best Regards,

Suranga

Hi Derek,

Ryan Crichton

Hi all.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

Derek Ritz

+1 (905) 515-0045

Hi,

Best Regards,

Suranga

Suranga

Best Regards,