OpenSHR and Oracle JRE

Hello,

I have been doing some work around automating the OpenHIE install and have been using the new debian package for OpenSHR. Great work on the package! I did notice that it requires Oracle JRE 8. Is there a reason this was chosen or would using OpenJDK 8 be sufficient? Openmrs CI uses OpenJDK 8 for building and running unit tests. Using the OpenJDK also has the benefit of not having to accept the license which is the issue I ran into while trying to automate the install. I know there are ways to work around this, but wanted to hear your thoughts before I proceed.

Thanks,

• Ryan Yates

Hi Ryan,

I’m not aware of any reason why the OpenJDK wouldn’t work; it should be fine.

The choice was simply an arbitrary one - since openjdk 8 isn’t available on ubuntu 14.04, we need to set it up via a ppa anyway.

Cheers

Hannes

···

On 21 September 2015 at 17:06, Ryan Yates ryan@openmrs.org wrote:

Hello,

I have been doing some work around automating the OpenHIE install and have been using the new debian package for OpenSHR. Great work on the package! I did notice that it requires Oracle JRE 8. Is there a reason this was chosen or would using OpenJDK 8 be sufficient? Openmrs CI uses OpenJDK 8 for building and running unit tests. Using the OpenJDK also has the benefit of not having to accept the license which is the issue I ran into while trying to automate the install. I know there are ways to work around this, but wanted to hear your thoughts before I proceed.

Thanks,

• Ryan Yates

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Shared Health Record (OpenHIE)” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhie-shr+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hannes Venter

Senior Software Developer

Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27 73 276 2848 | Office: +27 21 701 0939 | Skype: venter.johannes

E-mail: hannes@jembi.org

This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.