OpenHIE Discourse Summary?

Some people are having issues with not getting digest summaries, one being @pbiondich. @timbrisc we need to look into the admin settings to make sure Discourse is pumping digests like mailing list, mailing list action should be moved to Discourse.

@jthomas is it possible that this account @slubwama is made admin. It seems like the previous admin I was using cant login via the LDAP Session. I would like to help @timbrisc to work on some of these issues when they come up.

1 Like

@slubwama - Sorry, about that oversight. You should now have admin access.

1 Like

@timbrisc Thanks for the add

@jthomas @timbrisc should we keep the summaries on a daily or monthly basis. at the moment they are set for a daily feed

@jthomas I see no issue at all for @pbiondich failing to get email summaries. Maybe he is receiving them an email address he is not frequently using Let him check which email he registered with at this platform.

1 Like

@slubwama I believe the intent is for Discourse notifications to behave like a normal mailing list with daily messages. Do you know if the notifications are sent even when the user is active on the site? I’ve noticed not receiving emails when on I’m the site. I assume it’s trying not to bombard the user.

1 Like

@slubwama have you had a chance to look into this? With out notifications working properly it will be hard to drive people to Discourse.

@timbrisc

In order for Discourse notifications to behave like a traditional email list, we have enabled the mailing list functionality by default and for all existing users. Any users who want to change this behavior may individually do so in their preferences. We believe this will ease the transition from the Google lists to Discourse and allow users to modify the experience to fit their needs.

1 Like