Thank you all for a great first Supply Chain Community call if you are receiving this you are on the community mailing list. If you know of someone who may be interested in engaging with OpenHIE to leverage knowledge from real-world projects and explore the
use/creation of standards and standard processes that might be used to support healthcare supply chain tasks please have them subscribe at the link below.
As an FYI; anyone can view content, a nyone
can join, only members can post, only members can view the list of members.
One of the next steps from our
call on 9/15 was to lay out our next steps for the group.
Date/Time of Calls: the
majority of people were able to join the call so we decided to continue holding calls on the**third Friday ** (excluding holidays)
from 11:00-12:00 AM Eastern Time, regardless of whether standard or daylight saving time is being observed. *(see other
time zones) We will take a look at the end of the year to make sure this is working.
- Due to busy travel schedules the ** call
scheduled for October 20th has been cancelled**.
- We will postpone our current agenda until our
next call on Friday, November 17 (draft agenda below)
- Overview of how OpenHIE architecture works – Shaun Grannis
- Describe the relationship between the point of care technologies and the health information exchange
- Describe the various technologies and what they are intended to support
- Describe workflows and how they describe how these components are used
- Common supply chain conventions - Chris Wright
- Describe the routine supply chain "points of presence”
- Describe how those points of presence interact with each other
- Describe the data that these points of presence share
- What within these data needs to be standardized
- How do those standardizations relate to what OpenHIE already attempts to standardize for an enterprise?
- Begin to prioritize use cases
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns related to OpenHIE or specifically the Supply Chain Community.
**Jamie Thomas **|****Health Information Project Manager/Communications
Center for Biomedical Informatics
1101 West Tenth Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Tel 317-274-9218 | Fax 317-274-9305
Email: email@example.com | Skype: jamie.thomas5670 | Twitter: @RegenstriefGHI
Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or privileged
information and are intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s). Additionally, the information contained herein may have been disclosed to you from medical records with confidentiality protected by federal and state laws. Federal regulations and
State laws prohibit you from making further disclosure of such information without the specific written consent of the person to whom the information pertains or as otherwise permitted by such regulations. A general authorization for the release of medical
or other information is not sufficient for this purpose.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the original message. Any retention,
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.