OHIE Supply Chain and Facility Registry interoperability

Hi OHIE Facility Registry community,

The OHIE Supply Chain subcommunity has an updated roadmap of topics to address, and one topic is ‘Facility Registry alignment’.

In the next few months, we would like to have dialogue on key areas of alignment. For example:

• Would a Facility Registry include all facilities that can hold stock (warehouses, not just service delivery points)?
  • Do Facility Registries allow us to capture multiple hierarchies, such as geographic and government administrative hierarchies that can differ from programmatic supervision hierarchies or from supply lines, meaning product X comes to district warehouse Y from regional warehouse Z?
  • Should facility registries start to support GLN identifiers (Global Location Number, a GS1 standard) to aid end-to-end visibility?

If you’re interested in these topics, consider joining our next OHIE Supply Chain Subcommunity meeting, or email me directly to connect. VillageReach and Ona are co-chairing the Supply Chain subcommunity, and we meet every 3rd Friday. Our next meeting is Friday, November 16 at 11am Eastern Time.

Reply to me with any questions or to get involved. Warmly,

-Brandon

Brandon Bowersox-Johnson | brandon.bowersox-johnson@villagereach.org

Director, Digital Solutions

VillageReach Starting at the Last Mile

2900 Eastlake Ave. E, Suite 230, Seattle, WA 98102, USA

PHONE/WHATSAPP/SMS: +1 217.766.1166

Awesome, Thanks for sharing, Brandon. I would be happy to join.

• Scott
···

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 4:21 PM Brandon Bowersox-Johnson brandon.bowersox-johnson@villagereach.org wrote:

The OHIE Supply Chain subcommunity has an updated roadmap of topics to address, and one topic is ‘Facility Registry alignment’.

In the next few months, we would like to have dialogue on key areas of alignment. For example:

• Would a Facility Registry include all facilities that can hold stock (warehouses, not just service delivery points)?
  • Do Facility Registries allow us to capture multiple hierarchies, such as geographic and government administrative hierarchies that can differ from programmatic supervision hierarchies or from supply lines, meaning product X comes to district warehouse Y from regional warehouse Z?
  • Should facility registries start to support GLN identifiers (Global Location Number, a GS1 standard) to aid end-to-end visibility?

If you’re interested in these topics, consider joining our next OHIE Supply Chain Subcommunity meeting, or email me directly to connect. VillageReach and Ona are co-chairing the Supply Chain subcommunity, and we meet every 3rd Friday. Our next meeting is Friday, November 16 at 11am Eastern Time.

-Brandon

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Facility Registry (OHIE)” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to facility-registry+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reminder: This Friday at 11am Eastern we discuss Facility Registry alignment at the OHIE Supply Chain call.

For Friday’s conversation, we have a draft of “Facility Registry Capabilities” that enable interoperability between the health and supply chain domains:

We welcome feedback at Friday’s meeting, in this email thread, or in that wiki page using comments.

Thanks to Scott Teesdale and Dana Acciavatti who have both already provided feedback and/or expressed interest in joining Friday’s conversation!

-Brandon Bowersox-Johnson, VillageReach

(on behalf of the OHIE Supply Chain Subcommunity)

···

On Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 2:21:21 PM UTC-7, Brandon Bowersox-Johnson wrote:

-Brandon