OHIE-CR Vision, Mission, Values V3 (ACTION REQUIRED)

Hi All!

Here is the third draft of the Vision, Mission, & Values.

Please read the attached document w/instructions and reply back
ONLY to Jamie Thomas jt48@regenstrief.org by the morning of Wednesday, May 22nd .

Jamie Thomas |Health Informatics Project Coordinator

Regenstrief Institute, Inc. |ph: 317.423.5670 | Skype: jamie.thomas5670|
jt48@regenstrief.org

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or privileged information and are intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s).
Additionally, the information contained herein may have been disclosed to you from medical records with confidentiality protected by federal and state laws. Federal regulations and State laws prohibit you from making further disclosure of such information
without the specific written consent of the person to whom the information pertains or as otherwise permitted by such regulations. A general authorization for the release of medical or other information is not sufficient for this purpose.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the original message. Any retention, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information
by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

2013-05-20 OHIE-CR One Text v3 draft.docx (30.1 KB)

My comments:

image001.jpg

···

Vision Criticism

Is this statement a clear representation of what you see as the future of your work with OHIE-CR? What’s missing?

I would clarify it by changing

community enabling access to people

to

community that connects people

Do you see other areas where this statement could be improved? Why is each important?

Looks good as is.

Mission Criticism

Is the purpose of you work reflected in the statement? What is missing?

My purpose is reflected, except that I am also interested in de-duplicating things beyond individuals. For example, I need to de-duplicate disease episodes, vaccinations, lab. reports, and encounters.

What interests of yours are missing from this statement? What is their importance?

“identification and de-duplication of”
disease episodes, vaccinations, and lab. reports (not just individuals) is very important to my work. For example, wWe get data from various sources (lab.s, doctors, hospitals) about the same disease episodes, and need to
identify whether they represent the same disease episode.

Thanks!

• Joe

P. Joseph Gibson, MPH, Ph.D.

Director of Epidemiology

3901 Meadows Drive, Room 110

Marion County Public Health Department

Indianapolis, Indiana 46205-3113

Phone: 317-221-3142 Fax: 317-221-4404

Urgent matters: email joegibson@att.blackberry.net or call 317-563-2071

From: client-registry@googlegroups.com [mailto:client-registry@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Thomas, Jamie
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 12:49 PM
To: client-registry@googlegroups.com
Subject: OHIE-CR Vision, Mission, Values V3 (ACTION REQUIRED)

Hi All!

Here is the third draft of the Vision, Mission, & Values.

Please read the attached document w/instructions and reply back
ONLY to Jamie Thomas jt48@regenstrief.org by the morning of Wednesday, May 22nd .

Jamie Thomas |Health Informatics Project Coordinator

Regenstrief Institute, Inc. |ph: 317.423.5670 | Skype: jamie.thomas5670|
jt48@regenstrief.org

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or privileged information and are intended solely for the use of the named
addressee(s). Additionally, the information contained herein may have been disclosed to you from medical records with confidentiality protected by federal and state laws. Federal regulations and State laws prohibit you from making further disclosure of such
information without the specific written consent of the person to whom the information pertains or as otherwise permitted by such regulations. A general authorization for the release of medical or other information is not sufficient for this purpose.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the original message. Any retention, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information
by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Client Registry” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
client-registry+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.