IOL and SHR community call - 30 Apr - first call in a while!

Hi all,

We will be hosting an IOL and SHR community call this coming Tuesday (30 April 2024) at 1pm UTC, 3pm SAST, 9am EST. It’s been a while since we’ve had one of these calls and on this call Jembi will be sharing some experience and thoughts on implementing central data repositories and the implication on the IOL and SHR.

Topic

Jembi’s Central Data Repository Architecture and implementation experiences - Ryan Crichton

Description

In this presentation and discussion Ryan will share Jembi’s thinking on CDR architecture and the implications for IOL and SHR components. It will tackle issues such as scale, information flow, security and the use of FHIR. Please join us to learn more or to share your knowledge in this area. We would like to hear how others in the community are tackling similar issues.

Hope to see many of you there.

Call details can be found here: Interoperability Layer Subcommunity Calls - Communities & Projects - OpenHIE Wiki

This conflicts with the WHO SMART guidelines implementers call, but I would like to try to attend

This is great @ryan super excited about this call as we are in the initial stages of implementing a shared health record at a national level

1 Like

Philippines too is embarking on its own SHR journey – but would like to learn from others –

So far, these are the FHIR implementations on our side of the world:

Malaysia (prod)
Indonesia (prod)
Philippines (dev)
Thailand (dev)
Sri Lanka (dev - nearing prod?)
Australia (prod)
New Zealand (prod)

Pls add if I missed any –

Hi, Alvin,
Do these implementations have a formal SHR behind the FHIR or are they using FHIR as the data model/information model with a HAPI FHIR server, etc.?

Warmly,
Andy

Hi all, just wanted to share my slides here if anyone would like access to them.

2 Likes

Hi @ryan is it possible to share some of the 17 use cases that Sri Lanka has implemented for the shared health record. this is quietly impressive.

Also what’s the international patient summary. can u provide more info on that. thanks

This may be helpful, @fmwesigwa :
https://international-patient-summary.net

We use it as the basic clinical data set for our work at PharmAccess.