Introduction

Hello,

I am new here, I just read about the community am I am interested to join be involved in the community. Someone please inform me where to start.
Thanks.

Isaiah

Hi Isaiah

Welcome to the community! Its great to have you join the list. There is a call this afternoon if you want to dial in (you can use Skype out to the toll free number: https://wiki.ohie.org/display/resources/2017-06-20+IOL+Community+Calls ). I’m assuming you’ve been on the wiki: https://wiki.ohie.org/display/SUB/Interoperability+Layer+Community where you can see a little more about what we are trying to do. Have a look at https://wiki.ohie.org/display/SUB/OpenHIE+IOL+Functional+Specifications to see what we are seeing as the functionality of an interoperability layer.
Hope that helps to get you started.

Are you a developer, implementer? What are the key questions or take aways you are looking for so that we can better help onboard you.

···

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 5:37 AM, isaiahnyabuto@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

I am new here, I just read about the community am I am interested to join be involved in the community. Someone please inform me where to start.

Thanks.

Isaiah

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Interoperability Layer (OpenHIE)” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhie-interoperability-layer+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Regards
Carl Fourie

Senior Program Manager | Digital Health Division

Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27 71 540 4477 | Office: +27 21 701 0939 | Skype: carl.fourie17
E-mail: carl.fourie@jembi.org

Physical Address: Unit 3B, 5A-C, Tokai on Main, 382 Main Road, Tokai, Cape Town, South Africa (Map Link)

Email Disclaimer:

This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.

Hi Isaiah,

Firstly, my sincerest apologies for this very late response.

It is wonderful news to hear that you would like to get involved with this great community!

Just to gain a little bit of background context, please can you offer me some information regarding the following so we can see where best to fit you in?

1. Are you interested in joining as a developer or an implementer?
  2. What excites you the most about joining the community?
  3. Have you visited our OpenHIE Wiki to learn more regarding the interoperability layer and how it fits into health information exchange?
    Also, if you are able to offer information regarding your technical interests and general experience in an open-source community, that’ll be great?

I am looking forward to hearing from you to further discuss the nature of an interoperability layer and in particular, within the healthcare context.

Thank you

···

On Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 5:37:02 AM UTC+2, isaiah...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,
Thanks.

Isaiah

Hello Richard,

Its okay and thanks for your great response.

I am interested to join as a developer of the openHIM. I am passionate about development and now, the nature of interoperability and its promising capabilities in healthcare.

Yes, I do visit the OpenHIE wiki most oftenly when I want to refer or learn more about interoperability and HIE.

I am a member of the openMRS community, my experience with the community has been great so far.

I would love to be involved in the development of the interoperability layer with this great community hoping that I will learn more as well as build on technical expertise on the interoperability layer.

I am looking forward for this great opportunity.

Thanks,

···

On Sep 5, 2017 1:03 PM, richard.langford@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Isaiah,

It is wonderful news to hear that you would like to get involved with this great community!

Just to gain a little bit of background context, please can you offer me some information regarding the following so we can see where best to fit you in?

3. Have you visited our OpenHIE Wiki to learn more regarding the interoperability layer and how it fits into health information exchange?
    Also, if you are able to offer information regarding your technical interests and general experience in an open-source community, that’ll be great?

I am looking forward to hearing from you to further discuss the nature of an interoperability layer and in particular, within the healthcare context.

Thank you

Hello,
Thanks.

Isaiah

Hi Isaiah,

That is great news!

You will without any doubt gain invaluable knowledge around the use of the OpenHIM, how it is implemented and even better, how to support the tool and grow on its existing features and capabilities.

Have you had a look at the OpenHIM documentation found here? We are currently in the process of refining the content in this space but should still give a good enough overview around the OpenHIM.

May I suggest that you play around with a locally employed instance of the OpenHIM-Core/Console to familiarise yourself with the tool?

Once you have had a chance to play around with the OpenHIM, maybe compile a few questions then let me know what your availability will be like for a Skype call?

You can setup a virtual machine such as Oracles’ VM Virtualbox to create your staging environment for the OpenHIM.

If you have any difficulties regarding the implementation of the OpenHIM, please don’t hesitate to contact me for assistance.

Thank you

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Jembi Health Systems NPC*** ***| SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile:* +27 83 279 1564 |Office: +27 21 701 0939 | Skype: rmrlangford
E-mail: *richard.langford@jembi.org

Email Disclaimer:

This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.

···

Sent: 05 September 2017 01:35 PM
To: richard.langford@jembi.org
Cc: Interoperability Layer (OpenHIE) openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Introduction

Hello Richard,

I am interested to join as a developer of the openHIM. I am passionate about development and now, the nature of interoperability and its promising capabilities in healthcare.

Yes, I do visit the OpenHIE wiki most oftenly when I want to refer or learn more about interoperability and HIE.

I am a member of the openMRS community, my experience with the community has been great so far.

I would love to be involved in the development of the interoperability layer with this great community hoping that I will learn more as well as build on technical expertise on the interoperability layer.

Thanks,

==========================
Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616
Bsc. Health Records Management and Informatics

Hi Isaiah,

1. What excites you the most about joining the community?
  1. Have you visited our OpenHIE Wiki to learn more regarding the interoperability layer and how it fits into health information exchange?

Thank you

Hello,

Thanks.

Isaiah

Richard:

Good to hear from you once again!

Thank you so much for the resources shared. I hadn’t seen that documentation before its wonderful.

I will have deeper look at it tomorrow morning and get back to you.

Regards,

···

On Sep 5, 2017 5:33 PM, “Richard Langford” richard.langford@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Isaiah,

That is great news!

You will without any doubt gain invaluable knowledge around the use of the OpenHIM, how it is implemented and even better, how to support the tool and grow on its existing features and capabilities.

Have you had a look at the OpenHIM documentation found here? We are currently in the process of refining the content in this space but should still give a good enough overview around the OpenHIM.

May I suggest that you play around with a locally employed instance of the OpenHIM-Core/Console to familiarise yourself with the tool?

Once you have had a chance to play around with the OpenHIM, maybe compile a few questions then let me know what your availability will be like for a Skype call?

You can setup a virtual machine such as Oracles’ VM Virtualbox to create your staging environment for the OpenHIM.

If you have any difficulties regarding the implementation of the OpenHIM, please don’t hesitate to contact me for assistance.

Thank you

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Cc: Interoperability Layer (OpenHIE) openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com

Hello Richard,

Thanks,

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you

Hello,

Thanks.

Isaiah

Hi Isaiah,

Happy reading J

Looking forward to your feedback.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

···

Sent: 05 September 2017 09:06 PM
To: Richard Langford richard.langford@jembi.org
Subject: RE: Introduction

Richard:

Thank you so much for the resources shared. I hadn’t seen that documentation before its wonderful.

Regards,

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

That is great news!

Thank you

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Hello Richard,

Thanks,

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

1. Have you visited our OpenHIE Wiki to learn more regarding the interoperability layer and how it fits into health information exchange?

Thank you

Hello,

Thanks.

Isaiah

Hello Richard,

I am following the following guide on how to install the OpenHIM core on windows. I have changed the root context of the nginx configuration file to point to the console. When starting up the nginx server and trying to access the console, I get an error:

“Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable. Please try again later”

please assist.

Thanks,

···

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Richard Langford richard.langford@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Isaiah,

Happy reading J

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Richard:

Regards,

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

That is great news!

Thank you

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Hello Richard,

Thanks,

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you

Hello,

Thanks.

Isaiah

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254 729 572 616

Bsc. Health Records Management & Informatics, JKUAT.

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I am currently following the instructions in the guide to see if I can replicate the issue.

Will keep you posted.

Chat soon!

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

···

Sent: 07 September 2017 09:13 AM

Hello Richard,

I am following the following guide on how to install the OpenHIM core on windows. I have changed the root context of the nginx configuration file to point to the console. When starting up the nginx server and trying to access the console, I get an error:

“Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable. Please try again later”

please assist.

Thanks,

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Richard Langford richard.langford@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Isaiah,

Happy reading J

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Richard:

Regards,

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

That is great news!

Thank you

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Hello Richard,

Thanks,

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you

Hello,

Thanks.

Isaiah

Isaiah Nyabuto

+254 729 572 616

Richard:

Thanks for the reply.

As you go through the manual, I would also like to put it to your attention that the npm command should be ran in the windows command prompt not in the nodejs command line as stated in the guide.

I hope you notice that too.

Thanks.

···

On Sep 7, 2017 4:27 PM, “Richard Langford” richard.langford@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Isaiah,

I am currently following the instructions in the guide to see if I can replicate the issue.

Will keep you posted.

Chat soon!

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Hello Richard,

please assist.

Thanks,

Hi Isaiah,

Happy reading J

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Richard:

Regards,

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

That is great news!

Thank you

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Hello Richard,

Thanks,

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you

Hello,

Thanks.

Isaiah

Isaiah Nyabuto

+254 729 572 616

Hi Isaiah,

Agreed, noticed that too. Will update that accordingly.

I completed the setup and I am able to launch the OpenHIM Console.

What I did was create a folder on the c:\ directory called it OpenHIM and stored my Console and nginx folders in this directory.

Is nginx running?

Also, do you have more than one webserver running on your machine?

Is it a VM, your local machine or a remote machine?

Thanks J

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

···

Sent: 07 September 2017 03:55 PM

Richard:

Thanks for the reply.

As you go through the manual, I would also like to put it to your attention that the npm command should be ran in the windows command prompt not in the nodejs command line as stated in the guide.

Thanks.

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

Will keep you posted.

Chat soon!

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Hello Richard,

please assist.

Thanks,

Hi Isaiah,

Happy reading J

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Richard:

Regards,

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

That is great news!

Thank you

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Hello Richard,

Thanks,

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you

Hello,

Thanks.

Isaiah

Isaiah Nyabuto

+254 729 572 616

Hello Richard,

Sorry for the delay.

I do not have any other web-server running. nginx is running on port 80 in my local machine. Could you share with me how you have accessed the console from nginx e.g the url

Thanks

···

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Richard Langford richard.langford@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Isaiah,

What I did was create a folder on the c:\ directory called it OpenHIM and stored my Console and nginx folders in this directory.

Is nginx running?

Thanks J

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Richard:

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks.

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

Will keep you posted.

Chat soon!

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Hello Richard,

please assist.

Thanks,

Hi Isaiah,

Happy reading J

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Richard:

Regards,

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

That is great news!

Thank you

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Hello Richard,

Thanks,

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you

Hello,

Thanks.

Isaiah

Isaiah Nyabuto

+254 729 572 616

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254 729 572 616

Hello Richard,

This is the error log from nginx server.

2017/09/08 10:31:08 [crit] 5532#6600: *48 GetFileAttributesEx() “C:\OpenHIM\Console/C:/OpenHIM/Console” failed (123: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect), client: 127.0.0.1, server: localhost, request: “GET /C:/OpenHIM/Console/ HTTP/1.1”, host: “localhost”

regards,

···

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 6:22 PM, Isaiah Nyabuto isaiahnyabuto@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Richard,

Sorry for the delay.

I do not have any other web-server running. nginx is running on port 80 in my local machine. Could you share with me how you have accessed the console from nginx e.g the url

Thanks

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Richard Langford richard.langford@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Isaiah,

Is nginx running?

Thanks J

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Richard:

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks.

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

Will keep you posted.

Chat soon!

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Hello Richard,

please assist.

Thanks,

Hi Isaiah,

Happy reading J

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Richard:

Regards,

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

That is great news!

Thank you

Kindest regards,

Richard Langford

Systems Analyst

Email Disclaimer:

Hello Richard,

Thanks,

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254729572616

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you

Hello,

Thanks.

Isaiah

Isaiah Nyabuto

+254 729 572 616

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254 729 572 616

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254 729 572 616

Hi Isaiah,

Make sure that the location on line 43 in the nginx.conf file matches the location to which you extracted the OpenHIM Console contents.

Also check the config on lines 36 and 37. If for example the “server_name” and “listen” values are localhost and 5555, then you will access the OpenHIM console using the URL http://localhost:5555/

Did you save the attached file to the OpenHIM directory then run the command openhim**-**core **--**conf**=**C:\OpenHIM\core**.**json ? Assuming of course that you are using C:\OpenHIM as a containing directory.

Thanks J

*Kindest regards,*

*Richard Langford*

***Systems Analyst***

***Jembi Health Systems NPC****** ******|  SOUTH AFRICA***

***Mobile:**** +27 83 279 1564 |**Office:** +27 21 701 0939 | **Skype:** rmrlangford
**E-mail:** **richard.langford@jembi.org*

***Email Disclaimer:***

*This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.*

[core.json|attachment](upload://xaPNEUxc7YN4l6z9TntcTAcQxVs.json) (2.65 KB)

<details class='elided'>
<summary title='Show trimmed content'>&#183;&#183;&#183;</summary>

**Sent:** 08 September 2017 07:18 AM
**To:** Richard Langford <richard.langford@jembi.org>
**Cc:** Interoperability Layer (OpenHIE) <openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com>
**Subject:** Re: Introduction

Hello Richard,

This is the error log from nginx server.

2017/09/08 10:31:08 [crit] 5532#6600: *48 GetFileAttributesEx() "C:\OpenHIM\Console/C:/OpenHIM/Console" failed (123: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect), client: 127.0.0.1, server: localhost, request: "GET /C:/OpenHIM/Console/ HTTP/1.1", host: "localhost"

regards,

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 6:22 PM, Isaiah Nyabuto <isaiahnyabuto@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Richard,

> Sorry for the delay.

> I do not have any other web-server running. nginx is running on port 80 in my local machine. Could you share with me how you have accessed the console from nginx e.g the url

> Thanks

> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Richard Langford <richard.langford@jembi.org> wrote:

> > Hi Isaiah,

> >  

> > Agreed, noticed that too. Will update that accordingly.

> >  

> > I completed the setup and I am able to launch the OpenHIM Console.

> >  

> > What I did was create a folder on the c:\ directory called it OpenHIM and stored my Console and nginx folders in this directory.

> >  

> > Is nginx running?

> >  

> > Also, do you have more than one webserver running on your machine?

> >  

> > Is it a VM, your local machine or a remote machine?

> >  

> > Thanks J

> >  

> > * *

> > *Kindest regards,*

> >  

> > *Richard Langford*

> > ***Systems Analyst***

> > ***Jembi Health Systems NPC****** ******|  SOUTH AFRICA***

> > ***Mobile:**** +27 83 279 1564 |**Office:** +27 21 701 0939 | **Skype:** rmrlangford
> > **E-mail:** **richard.langford@jembi.org*

> >  

> > ***Email Disclaimer:***

> > *This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.*

> >  

> > **From:** Isaiah Nyabuto [mailto:isaiahnyabuto@gmail.com]
> > **Sent:** 07 September 2017 03:55 PM

> > 
> > **To:** Richard Langford <richard.langford@jembi.org>
> > **Cc:** Interoperability Layer (OpenHIE) <openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com>
> > **Subject:** RE: Introduction

> > Richard:

> > Thanks for the reply.

> > As you go through the manual, I would also like to put it to your attention that the npm command should be ran in the windows command prompt not in the nodejs command line as stated in the guide.

> > I hope you notice that too.

> > Thanks.

> > ==========================
> > Isaiah Nyabuto
> > +254729572616
> > Bsc. Health Records Management and Informatics

> > On Sep 7, 2017 4:27 PM, "Richard Langford" <richard.langford@jembi.org> wrote:

> > > Hi Isaiah,

> > >  

> > > Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

> > >  

> > > I am currently following the instructions in the guide to see if I can replicate the issue.

> > >  

> > > Will keep you posted.

> > >  

> > > Chat soon!

> > >  

> > > * *

> > > *Kindest regards,*

> > >  

> > > *Richard Langford*

> > > ***Systems Analyst***

> > > ***Jembi Health Systems NPC****** ******|  SOUTH AFRICA***

> > > ***Mobile:**** +27 83 279 1564 |**Office:** +27 21 701 0939 | **Skype:** rmrlangford
> > > **E-mail:** **richard.langford@jembi.org*

> > >  

> > > ***Email Disclaimer:***

> > > *This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.*

> > >  

> > > **From:** Isaiah Nyabuto [mailto:isaiahnyabuto@gmail.com]
> > > **Sent:** 07 September 2017 09:13 AM
> > > **To:** Richard Langford <richard.langford@jembi.org>
> > > **Cc:** Interoperability Layer (OpenHIE) <openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com>
> > > **Subject:** Re: Introduction

> > > Hello Richard,

> > > I am following the following [guide](http://openhim.readthedocs.io/en/latest/how-to/how-to-install-on-windows.html) on how to install the OpenHIM core on  windows. I have changed the root context of the nginx configuration file to point to the console. When starting up the nginx server and trying to access the console, I get an error:

> > > "Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable. Please try again later"

> > > please assist.

> > > Thanks,

> > > On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Richard Langford <richard.langford@jembi.org> wrote:

> > > > Hi Isaiah,

> > > >  

> > > > Happy reading J

> > > >  

> > > > Looking forward to your feedback.

> > > >  

> > > > Have a great day!

> > > >  

> > > > * *

> > > > *Kindest regards,*

> > > >  

> > > > *Richard Langford*

> > > > ***Systems Analyst***

> > > > ***Jembi Health Systems NPC****** ******|  SOUTH AFRICA***

> > > > ***Mobile:**** +27 83 279 1564 |**Office:** +27 21 701 0939 | **Skype:** rmrlangford
> > > > **E-mail:** **richard.langford@jembi.org*

> > > >  

> > > > ***Email Disclaimer:***

> > > > *This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.*

> > > >  

> > > > **From:** Isaiah Nyabuto [mailto:isaiahnyabuto@gmail.com]
> > > > **Sent:** 05 September 2017 09:06 PM
> > > > **To:** Richard Langford <richard.langford@jembi.org>
> > > > **Cc:** Interoperability Layer (OpenHIE) <openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com>
> > > > **Subject:** RE: Introduction

> > > > Richard:

> > > > Good to hear from you once again!

> > > > Thank you so much for the resources shared. I hadn't seen that documentation before its wonderful.

> > > > I will have deeper look at it tomorrow morning and get back to you.

> > > > Regards,

> > > > ==========================
> > > > Isaiah Nyabuto
> > > > +254729572616
> > > > Bsc. Health Records Management and Informatics

> > > > On Sep 5, 2017 5:33 PM, "Richard Langford" <richard.langford@jembi.org> wrote:

> > > > > Hi Isaiah,

> > > > >  

> > > > > That is great news!

> > > > >  

> > > > > You will without any doubt gain invaluable knowledge around the use of the OpenHIM, how it is implemented and even better, how to support the tool and grow on its existing features and capabilities.

> > > > >  

> > > > > Have you had a look at the OpenHIM documentation found [here](http://openhim.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting-started.html)? We are currently in the process of refining the content in this space but should still give a good enough overview around the OpenHIM.

> > > > >  

> > > > > May I suggest that you play around with a locally employed instance of the OpenHIM-Core/Console to familiarise yourself with the tool?

> > > > >  

> > > > > Once you have had a chance to play around with the OpenHIM, maybe compile a few questions then let me know what your availability will be like for a Skype call?

> > > > >  

> > > > > You can setup a virtual machine such as Oracles’ VM Virtualbox to create your staging environment for the OpenHIM.

> > > > >  

> > > > > If you have any difficulties regarding the implementation of the OpenHIM, please don’t hesitate to contact me for assistance.

> > > > >  

> > > > > Thank you

> > > > >  

> > > > > * *

> > > > > *Kindest regards,*

> > > > >  

> > > > > *Richard Langford*

> > > > > ***Systems Analyst***

> > > > > ***Jembi Health Systems NPC****** ******|  SOUTH AFRICA***

> > > > > ***Mobile:**** +27 83 279 1564 |**Office:** +27 21 701 0939 | **Skype:** rmrlangford
> > > > > **E-mail:** **richard.langford@jembi.org*

> > > > >  

> > > > > ***Email Disclaimer:***

> > > > > *This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.*

> > > > >  

> > > > > **From:** Isaiah Nyabuto [mailto:isaiahnyabuto@gmail.com]
> > > > > **Sent:** 05 September 2017 01:35 PM
> > > > > **To:** richard.langford@jembi.org
> > > > > **Cc:** Interoperability Layer (OpenHIE) <openhie-interoperability-layer@googlegroups.com>
> > > > > **Subject:** Re: Introduction

> > > > > Hello Richard,

> > > > > Its okay and thanks for your great response.

> > > > > I am interested to join as a developer of the openHIM. I am passionate about development and now, the nature of interoperability and its promising capabilities in healthcare.

> > > > > Yes, I do visit the OpenHIE wiki most oftenly when I want to refer or learn more about interoperability and HIE.

> > > > > I am a member of the openMRS community, my experience with the community has been great so far.

> > > > > I would love to be involved in the development of the interoperability layer with this great community hoping that I will learn more as well as build on technical expertise on the interoperability layer.

> > > > > I am looking forward for this great opportunity.

> > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > ==========================
> > > > > Isaiah Nyabuto
> > > > > +254729572616
> > > > > Bsc. Health Records Management and Informatics

> > > > > On Sep 5, 2017 1:03 PM, <richard.langford@jembi.org> wrote:

> > > > > > Hi Isaiah,

> > > > > > Firstly, my sincerest apologies for this very late response.

> > > > > > It is wonderful news to hear that you would like to get involved with this great community!

> > > > > > Just to gain a little bit of background context, please can you offer me some information regarding the following so we can see where best to fit you in?

> > > > > > 1. Are you interested in joining as a developer or an implementer?

> > > > > > 1. What excites you the most about joining the community?

> > > > > > 1. Have you visited our OpenHIE Wiki to learn more regarding the interoperability layer and how it fits into health information exchange?

> > > > > > Also, if you are able to offer information regarding your technical interests and general experience in an open-source community, that'll be great?

> > > > > > I am looking forward to hearing from you to further discuss the nature of an interoperability layer and in particular, within the healthcare context.

> > > > > > Thank you

> > > > > > 
> > > > > > On Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 5:37:02 AM UTC+2, isaiah...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > > > > > Hello,

> > > > > > > I am new here, I just read about the community am I am interested to join be involved in the community. Someone please inform me where to start.
> > > > > > > Thanks.

> > > > > > > Isaiah

> > > 
> > > 

> > > --

> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> > > Isaiah Nyabuto

> > > +254 729 572 616

> > > Bsc. Health Records Management & Informatics, JKUAT.

> 
> 

> --

> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Isaiah Nyabuto

> +254 729 572 616

> Bsc. Health Records Management & Informatics, JKUAT.

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah Nyabuto

+254 729 572 616

</details>