IL save encounter validations and the understanding of CDA docs

Hi all,

I wanted to open a thread to continue discussing the topics we brought up on the last call.

I have edited the save encounter workflow document to better represent our discussions. Please could you read through this workflow and see if you agree with the changes:

https://wiki.ohie.org/display/documents/Save+encounter+workflow

Here are some of the things that I heard that I have incorporated:

• The IL should validate that a documents conforms to a specific CDA profile, including that the templated sections contain known terminology and units.
  • The IL should allow documents to have extra sections in the CDA documents that are outside the template, however, these will not be validated and will just be sent on as is.
  • We should send the TS a single message to validate all the terms and units found in a particular document.
  • The IL will have to have a deeper understanding of CDA documents to do this, it may be useful to tie in alerting and IPC work here because of this.
  • We will allow IL to enrich the documents that PoC systems send even though CDA documents are supposed to be immutable. The common validation and enrichment functions of the IL can be seen as part of the work that a PoC should do however, the IL is simplifying the process by supplying these functions a central level and doing this for them.
    Let me know if you agree or disagree with these statements or if you have additional comment about these.

Thanks,
Ryan

···

Ryan Crichton

Software Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

Hi All,

Please can you all go through this page and the changes made to it before the IL call tomorrow so we can discuss these and ensure all comment have been represented correctly.

Thanks,

Ryan

···

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Ryan Crichton ryan@jembi.org wrote:

Hi all,

I wanted to open a thread to continue discussing the topics we brought up on the last call.

I have edited the save encounter workflow document to better represent our discussions. Please could you read through this workflow and see if you agree with the changes:

https://wiki.ohie.org/display/documents/Save+encounter+workflow

Here are some of the things that I heard that I have incorporated:

• The IL should validate that a documents conforms to a specific CDA profile, including that the templated sections contain known terminology and units.
  • The IL should allow documents to have extra sections in the CDA documents that are outside the template, however, these will not be validated and will just be sent on as is.
  • We should send the TS a single message to validate all the terms and units found in a particular document.
  • The IL will have to have a deeper understanding of CDA documents to do this, it may be useful to tie in alerting and IPC work here because of this.
  • We will allow IL to enrich the documents that PoC systems send even though CDA documents are supposed to be immutable. The common validation and enrichment functions of the IL can be seen as part of the work that a PoC should do however, the IL is simplifying the process by supplying these functions a central level and doing this for them.
    Let me know if you agree or disagree with these statements or if you have additional comment about these.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan Crichton

Ryan Crichton