FW: Test Plan - CR - Complete Scenarios Draft

Hi all.

Please find, attached, a sample test plan for the client registry (thank you, Justin, for putting this together). This is based on the Connectathon (CAT) tests plus, in addition, it defines a number of tests that are important to OpenHIE but which are a superset of the CAT. A prime example is CR-07 which tests for finding a baby’s record using the mum’s ID.

Comments welcome!

Warmest regards,

Derek.

Test Plan - CR - Draft.docx (49.1 KB)

This is great work! Thank you Justin and Derek for sharing.

Justin - at some point I (and I bet others) would like to understand your process for composing this test plan. If feasible, a description of such a process may be quite informative to others as they contemplate and refine their testing strategies, and could become an artifact in itself.

Best,

Shaun

···

Shaun J. Grannis, MD MS FACMI FAAFP
Biomedical Research Scientist, The Regenstrief Institute
Associate Professor, I.U. School of Medicine
410 West 10th Street, Suite 2000
Indianapolis, IN 46202
(317) 274-9092 (Office)
(317) 274-9305 (Fax)

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:01 AM, Derek Ritz (ecGroup) derek.ritz@ecgroupinc.com wrote:

Hi all.

Please find, attached, a sample test plan for the client registry (thank you, Justin, for putting this together). This is based on the Connectathon (CAT) tests plus, in addition, it defines a number of tests that are important to OpenHIE but which are a superset of the CAT. A prime example is CR-07 which tests for finding a baby’s record using the mum’s ID.

Comments welcome!

Warmest regards,

Derek.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Sandbox” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-sandbox+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Shaun.

Here is a quick description of the process for getting test descriptions. Justin – please add to (or correct!) this top-level description.

All the tests that each system needs to complete are listed in Gazelle, which is also used to track the test completions at the Connectathon (CAT) itself. The basic flow for setting up a system in Gazelle is:

1. Establish the “system” (e.g. OpenEMPI)
  2. List the profiles this system supports and, within these, the transactions and options (e.g. PDQ profile, Patient Demographics Supplier actor, Pediatric Demographics option… and so on…).

Once this is set up, Gazelle will automatically associate a full set of tests with this system. These are the tests that the system must pass at CAT in order to demonstrate its conformance to the profile actors and transactions that it has “signed up” for. The tests are related to each actor-transaction-option that the system has defined (in step #2, above).

Since Justin has set up our systems in Gazelle for us, the list of tests is there. Jennifer, Ryan, or anyone else can login to Gazelle to see the full set of tests (I’ve separately sent Ryan the login details; login as: ohietech pwd: @Open_Source). The login address for Gazelle is: http://ihe.wustl.edu/gazelle-na/home.seam. Once logged in, click menu option: Tests List | Test Definition. Query for the domain, integration profile and the actor. Click on a specific test in the returned list to view this test’s full description (which can also be printed to PDF). The details of the test indicate how the conformance will be “proved” at CAT. These are the tests we should operationalize in our Jira/Bamboo setup in the OHIE Sandbox.

I hope this is helpful.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

···

On Monday, 10 November 2014 10:40:12 UTC-5, sgrannis wrote:

Justin - at some point I (and I bet others) would like to understand your process for composing this test plan. If feasible, a description of such a process may be quite informative to others as they contemplate and refine their testing strategies, and could become an artifact in itself.

Best,

Shaun

Indianapolis, IN 46202
(317) 274-9092 (Office)
(317) 274-9305 (Fax)

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:01 AM, Derek Ritz (ecGroup) derek...@ecgroupinc.com wrote:

Hi all.

Comments welcome!

Warmest regards,

Derek.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Sandbox” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-sandbox...@googlegroups.com.

Derek,
Thank you. I appreciate the information.

Jennifer

Jennifer E. Shivers

jennifer.e.shivers@gmail.com

···

On Nov 10, 2014, at 11:33 PM, Derek Ritz derek.ritz@ecgroupinc.com wrote:

Hi Shaun.

Here is a quick description of the process for getting test descriptions. Justin – please add to (or correct!) this top-level description.

All the tests that each system needs to complete are listed in Gazelle, which is also used to track the test completions at the Connectathon (CAT) itself. The basic flow for setting up a system in Gazelle is:

1. Establish the “system” (e.g. OpenEMPI)
  2. List the profiles this system supports and, within these, the transactions and options (e.g. PDQ profile, Patient Demographics Supplier actor, Pediatric Demographics option… and so on…).

Once this is set up, Gazelle will automatically associate a full set of tests with this system. These are the tests that the system must pass at CAT in order to demonstrate its conformance to the profile actors and transactions that it has “signed up” for. The tests are related to each actor-transaction-option that the system has defined (in step #2, above).

Since Justin has set up our systems in Gazelle for us, the list of tests is there. Jennifer, Ryan, or anyone else can login to Gazelle to see the full set of tests (I’ve separately sent Ryan the login details; login as: ohietech pwd: @Open_Source). The login address for Gazelle is: http://ihe.wustl.edu/gazelle-na/home.seam. Once logged in, click menu option: Tests List | Test Definition. Query for the domain, integration profile and the actor. Click on a specific test in the returned list to view this test’s full description (which can also be printed to PDF). The details of the test indicate how the conformance will be “proved” at CAT. These are the tests we should operationalize in our Jira/Bamboo setup in the OHIE Sandbox.

I hope this is helpful.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

On Monday, 10 November 2014 10:40:12 UTC-5, sgrannis wrote:

Best,

Shaun

Indianapolis, IN 46202
(317) 274-9092 (Office)
(317) 274-9305 (Fax)

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:01 AM, Derek Ritz (ecGroup) <derek…@ecgroupinc.com> wrote:

Hi all.

Comments welcome!

Warmest regards,

Derek.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-sandbox…@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-sandbox+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Hi All,

Ryan and I have been working together this week to do some integration testing of the HIM components, and to expedite that we’ve turned some of these CR tests and a basic “complete HIM” test case into some JUnit tests and thought we might share them (here: https://github.com/justin-fyfe/openhie-integration-tests.git). I’ve also attached an updated copy of the SHR word document which has been harmonized with the test messages uploaded here https://github.com/justin-fyfe/openhie-integration-tests/tree/master/src/test/resources/cr .

Cheers

-Justin

Test Plan - CR - Draft.docx (52.3 KB)

···

On Monday, November 10, 2014 10:01:19 AM UTC-5, Derek Ritz wrote:

Hi all.

Comments welcome!

Warmest regards,

Derek.

Hi All,

Just realized the test document did not include update cases (to set a patient’s date of death, name, etc.). I’ve attached an updated copy. I am also working on the SHR equivalent for this script and will post an update in the coming week with these tests.

Also, just a reminder that everyone should look to going through the pre-connectathon test list on gazelle in the coming weeks and run through the tests. Including submitting their completed ATNA questionnaire and any other supporting documents required by their actors. This saves some time from filling out paperwork at the connectathon.

Cheers

-Justin

Test Plan - CR - Draft.docx (59.7 KB)

···

On Wednesday, November 19, 2014 10:11:53 AM UTC-5, Justin Fyfe wrote:

Hi All,

Ryan and I have been working together this week to do some integration testing of the HIM components, and to expedite that we’ve turned some of these CR tests and a basic “complete HIM” test case into some JUnit tests and thought we might share them (here: https://github.com/justin-fyfe/openhie-integration-tests.git). I’ve also attached an updated copy of the SHR word document which has been harmonized with the test messages uploaded here https://github.com/justin-fyfe/openhie-integration-tests/tree/master/src/test/resources/cr .

Cheers

-Justin

On Monday, November 10, 2014 10:01:19 AM UTC-5, Derek Ritz wrote:

Hi all.

Comments welcome!

Warmest regards,

Derek.