First HMIS community call: Friday April 18, 9am EDT

Hi All,

The OpenHIE HMIS community tentatively called HMIS has been formed around the development and deployment of Health Management Information Systems (HMIS), developed using open-source technologies. If you would like to participate in this group, you may want to join the mailing list at https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/open-hmis. The list is open. Anyone may join.

We will have our first community call this Friday, April 18, at 9am Eastern (U.S.) Daylight Time. Agenda items I have are:

1. Consider for approval the draft Mission, Vision and Values statement (to be circulated before the meeting.)

2. Respond to request for appointing 2 voting representatives to the OpenHIE architecture review board.

3. Agree on regular call times (suggested frequency: twice a month)

4. Decide whether we want to stay with the provisional community name HMIS or consider alternatives at this point.

5. (If we have time:) Consider how to proceed on HMIS-related workflows.

Please respond to the open-hmis group if you would like to suggest additional agenda items.

Also please respond to the open-hmis group if you have a strong preference (or requirement) as to whether we hold the call as a voice call or a Google Hangout. Each of these are currently used for some OpenHIE calls. We have access to a voice conference call line if we wish to use it. Based on feedback I will send out call connection information before the call.

Cheers,

Jim Grace

Hi Jim,

Kindly send conference call details for joining the call tomorrow.

Thanks

James

ยทยทยท

On Monday, April 14, 2014 9:27:39 AM UTC-4, Jim Grace wrote:

Hi All,

The OpenHIE HMIS community tentatively called HMIS has been formed around the development and deployment of Health Management Information Systems (HMIS), developed using open-source technologies. If you would like to participate in this group, you may want to join the mailing list at https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/open-hmis. The list is open. Anyone may join.

We will have our first community call this Friday, April 18, at 9am Eastern (U.S.) Daylight Time. Agenda items I have are:

1. Consider for approval the draft Mission, Vision and Values statement (to be circulated before the meeting.)
  1. Respond to request for appointing 2 voting representatives to the OpenHIE architecture review board.
  1. Agree on regular call times (suggested frequency: twice a month)
  1. Decide whether we want to stay with the provisional community name HMIS or consider alternatives at this point.
  1. (If we have time:) Consider how to proceed on HMIS-related workflows.

Please respond to the open-hmis group if you would like to suggest additional agenda items.

Also please respond to the open-hmis group if you have a strong preference (or requirement) as to whether we hold the call as a voice call or a Google Hangout. Each of these are currently used for some OpenHIE calls. We have access to a voice conference call line if we wish to use it. Based on feedback I will send out call connection information before the call.

Cheers,

Jim Grace