Feather advice (Implementation openHIM with openEMPI)

Hi all.

Noty – I’m going to cc this thread to the OpenHIE Implementer’s Network.

The challenges that you’re having came up on this morning’s OpenHIE Dev Ops call and the recommendation was to leverage the technical support listserv that is dedicated to implementers. I’m sorry if this is duplicative (I am not sure if you’re already leveraging the OpenHIE community in this way)… but in the interests of giving this support channel an opportunity to work as it is intended to work, let’s move this to the community support network and see how we fare. :slight_smile:

OpenHIE Implementer’s Network (OHIN)… we look forward to assistance re: this thread. At summary – we have a tech team in Cambodia who is looking to connect to OpenEMPI through the OpenHIM. Presently, there are configuration challenges (and these may be related to the versions, or to the configuration of the tech stacks, etc.).

Warmest regards,

Derek.

Derek Ritz, P.Eng., CPHIMS-CA

ecGroup Inc.

+1 (905) 515-0045

This communication is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed, and may contain information which is privileged or confidential. Any other delivery, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality.

···

Sent: Monday, December 5, 2016 2:15 AM
To: Hannes Venter
Cc: Derek Ritz (ecGroup); Ryan Crichton; hroith.pbh@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Feather advice (Implementation openHIM with openEMPI)

Already try.

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 8:45 PM Hannes Venter hannes@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Sovannoty,

I’m also just including my colleague Ryan who might be more responsive than me (I’m out of country at the moment). Ryan is the lead developer of the OpenHIM and a health information exchange expert.

@Ryan Sovannoty is a developer who is trying to setup the HIM with OpenEMPI.

So I remember OpenEMPI was sometimes inconsistent with the mime types, and sometimes uses text/xml, and sometimes application/xml for certain endpoints.

Maybe try sending it with a header of text/xml instead?

Kind Regards

Hannes

On 2 December 2016 at 05:04, noty chea noty.setec@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Hannes and Derek,

Thanks you very much for advice
If I don’t misunderstand what you suggested

• not to use old openhim-openempi-patient-adapter.
  • pass-through channel.
  • HL7.
    Since my question from the beginning is
  • How can I create post or get with body in curl or any form for request with body to openhim?
    since openhim need that body to pass to openempi even though I used passthrough channel.

for example
I pass PUT request with

• Header
    Content-type : application/xml
  • Body
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> admin admin

to openHIM that I have a pass-through channel already in place

the problem is I am unable to from that request to openHIM since I have receive error massage that suggested that request is malformed.

Best regards,

Sovannoty Chea

Tel : (855) 97 557 7013
(855) 11 20 20 74

(855) 10 353 874
Twitter : http://twitter.com/notyvp
E-mail : noty.setec@gmail.com

Hannes Venter

Senior Software Developer

Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27 73 276 2848 | Office: +27 21 701 0939 | Skype: venter.johannes

E-mail: hannes@jembi.org

This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.

Hi Sovannoty,

I believe you may be running into a malformed request error from OpenEMPI. The OpenHIM shouldn’t care what form the request was in. Are you trying to communicate with OpenEMPI using their rest API or via HL7 v2 or via HL7 v3. I think that would be the first step that we need to determine to try help you further.

Then would you be able to provide us with more details about the request that you are making and the error message that you get back, then perhaps we can figure out how to best help you. Also, it would be useful to know your overall usecase to help guide you to the best solution. If you could provide those details then we can take it from there.

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 6:07 PM Derek Ritz (ecGroup) derek.ritz@ecgroupinc.com wrote:

Hi all.

The challenges that you’re having came up on this morning’s OpenHIE Dev Ops call and the recommendation was to leverage the technical support listserv that is dedicated to implementers. I’m sorry if this is duplicative (I am not sure if you’re already leveraging the OpenHIE community in this way)… but in the interests of giving this support channel an opportunity to work as it is intended to work, let’s move this to the community support network and see how we fare. :slight_smile:

OpenHIE Implementer’s Network (OHIN)… we look forward to assistance re: this thread. At summary – we have a tech team in Cambodia who is looking to connect to OpenEMPI through the OpenHIM. Presently, there are configuration challenges (and these may be related to the versions, or to the configuration of the tech stacks, etc.).

Warmest regards,

Derek.

ecGroup Inc.

+1 (905) 515-0045

This communication is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed, and may contain information which is privileged or confidential. Any other delivery, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality.

Already try.

Hi Sovannoty,

I’m also just including my colleague Ryan who might be more responsive than me (I’m out of country at the moment). Ryan is the lead developer of the OpenHIM and a health information exchange expert.

So I remember OpenEMPI was sometimes inconsistent with the mime types, and sometimes uses text/xml, and sometimes application/xml for certain endpoints.

Kind Regards

Hannes

Dear Hannes and Derek,

• pass-through channel.
  • HL7.
  • How can I create post or get with body in curl or any form for request with body to openhim?
    since openhim need that body to pass to openempi even though I used passthrough channel.

for example
I pass PUT request with

• Header
  • Body

the problem is I am unable to from that request to openHIM since I have receive error massage that suggested that request is malformed.

Best regards,

Sovannoty Chea

(855) 11 20 20 74

(855) 10 353 874

Hannes Venter

This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-implementers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to ohie-implementers@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohie-implementers/019501d24f11%24b331f640%241995e2c0%24%40ecgroupinc.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Ryan Crichton

Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

Hi all,

I am also requesting to add (Ms) Perl Gasmen to this list – she is working with Mohawk on the MPI Myanmar project…

She will benefit from the experts in this thread –

Hi Noty! Hope to meet you when AeHIN goes to Phnom Penh…

alvin

···

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Ryan Crichton ryan@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Sovannoty,

I believe you may be running into a malformed request error from OpenEMPI. The OpenHIM shouldn’t care what form the request was in. Are you trying to communicate with OpenEMPI using their rest API or via HL7 v2 or via HL7 v3. I think that would be the first step that we need to determine to try help you further.

Then would you be able to provide us with more details about the request that you are making and the error message that you get back, then perhaps we can figure out how to best help you. Also, it would be useful to know your overall usecase to help guide you to the best solution. If you could provide those details then we can take it from there.

Cheers,

Ryan

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 6:07 PM Derek Ritz (ecGroup) derek.ritz@ecgroupinc.com wrote:

Hi all.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

ecGroup Inc.

+1 (905) 515-0045

Already try.

Hi Sovannoty,

Kind Regards

Hannes

Dear Hannes and Derek,

• pass-through channel.
  • HL7.

for example
I pass PUT request with

• Header
  • Body

Best regards,

Sovannoty Chea

(855) 11 20 20 74

(855) 10 353 874

Hannes Venter

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-implementers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohie-implementers/019501d24f11%24b331f640%241995e2c0%24%40ecgroupinc.com.

Ryan Crichton

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohie-implementers/CABh-%2BT%2BOBKiSB-QUk5tNu_hi9fuYAP05ra_dW8sRYRZCovQPYQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Alvin B. Marcelo www.alvinmarcelo.com

Welcome Perl,

If you or anyone on your team would like to join the OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN) mailing list please subscribe here: ohie-implementers+subscribe@googlegroups.com .
This forum is for countries and implementers to bring their questions, problems and ideas so we can work on solutions together.

**Jamie Thomas **|****Health Information Project Manager/Communications

Center for Biomedical Informatics

F447BFA7-64CF-416E-9382-5383D9F359EA[15].png

1101 West Tenth Street

Indianapolis, IN 46202

Tel 317-274-9218 | Fax 317-274-9305

Email: jt48@regenstrief.org | Skype: jamie.thomas5670 | Twitter: @RegenstriefGHI

www.regenstrief.org

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or privileged
information and are intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s). Additionally, the information contained herein may have been disclosed to you from medical records with confidentiality protected by federal and state laws. Federal regulations and
State laws prohibit you from making further disclosure of such information without the specific written consent of the person to whom the information pertains or as otherwise permitted by such regulations. A general authorization for the release of medical
or other information is not sufficient for this purpose.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the original message. Any retention,
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

···

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Ryan Crichton
ryan@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Sovannoty,

I believe you may be running into a malformed request error from OpenEMPI. The OpenHIM shouldn’t care what form the request was in. Are you trying to communicate with OpenEMPI using their rest API or via HL7 v2 or via HL7 v3. I think
that would be the first step that we need to determine to try help you further.

Then would you be able to provide us with more details about the request that you are making and the error message that you get back, then perhaps we can figure out how to best help you. Also, it would be useful to know your overall
usecase to help guide you to the best solution. If you could provide those details then we can take it from there.

Cheers,

Ryan

Hi
all.

The challenges that you’re having came up on this morning’s OpenHIE Dev Ops
call and the recommendation was to leverage the technical support listserv that is dedicated to implementers. I’m sorry if this is duplicative (I am not sure if you’re already leveraging the OpenHIE community in this way)… but in the interests of giving this
support channel an opportunity to work as it is intended to work, let’s move this to the community support network and see how we fare. :slight_smile:

** OpenHIE Implementer’s Network (OHIN)…
we look forward to assistance re: this thread.** At summary – we have a tech team in Cambodia who is looking to connect
to OpenEMPI through the OpenHIM. Presently, there are configuration challenges (and these may be related to the versions, or to the configuration of the tech stacks, etc.).

Warmest regards,

Derek.

**Derek Ritz,**P.Eng., CPHIMS-CA

ecGroup Inc.

+1
(905) 515-0045

This communication is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed, and
may contain information which is privileged or confidential. Any other delivery, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality.

noty chea [mailto:noty.setec@gmail.com]
Cc: Derek Ritz (ecGroup); Ryan Crichton;
hroith.pbh@gmail.com

Already try.

Hi Sovannoty,

Kind Regards

Hannes

On 2 December 2016 at 05:04, noty chea

noty.setec@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Hannes and Derek,

• pass-through channel.

• HL7.

for example
I pass PUT request with

• Header
  • Body

the problem is I am unable to from that request to openHIM since I have receive error massage that

suggested that
request is malformed.

Best
regards,

Sovannoty Chea

(855) 11 20 20 74

(855) 10 353 874
Twitter :
http://twitter.com/notyvp

E-mail :
noty.setec@gmail.com

Hannes Venter

Mobile:
+27 73 276 2848 | Office:
+27 21 701 0939 | Skype: venter.johannes

E-mail:
hannes@jembi.org

• This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally
    privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose,
    distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting,
    directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.*

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

ohie-implementers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to
ohie-implementers@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohie-implementers/019501d24f11%24b331f640%241995e2c0%24%40ecgroupinc.com

For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Ryan Crichton

Mobile:
+27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
ohie-implementers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to
ohie-implementers@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohie-implementers/CABh-%2BT%2BOBKiSB-QUk5tNu_hi9fuYAP05ra_dW8sRYRZCovQPYQ%40mail.gmail.com

For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Alvin B. Marcelo www.alvinmarcelo.com