Facility Registry Community Call

Hi All!

We have a FR call today. Here is a link to the hangout:

https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/instedd.org/facilityregistrycommunitycall

The agenda will be

1. Sharing programs around the use of FR registry data for impact - 30ish min
  • We plan to share the efforts & results around Planwise and the use of registries to plan additional health capacity based on geospatial analysis of coverage and access.

• please feel free to share some of your own impact stories and success and failures you have seen.

1. Other topics: 20ish min - BYOT.

We’d also like to share a working draft of a new document done by, AEHIN GIS Lab, Jonathan Payne and InSTEDD with support of ADB:

“HIS geo-enabling: Guidance on the establishment of a common geo-registry for the simultaneous hosting, maintenance, update and sharing of master lists core to public health”

This is still work in progress but Scott asked me to share a draft: if you have any input it can’t hurt to hear it now - and the FR community is a great channel to reach an aggregate audience

Guidance document.pdf (2.41 MB)

Trying to join!

Alvin

···

Dr. Alvin B. Marcelo

Technology Transfer and Business Development Office

Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research

University of the Philippines Manila

2nd Floor Damian Hall, Old CAMP Building

Padre Faura, Ermita, Manila, Philippines 1000

Phone: +632 310 5731; Telefax: +632 310 5727

Disclaimer:

*** This
e-mail, together with any attachments, is intended for the named recipients only and is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by law. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete it and any attachments from your system. You may
not copy or disclose its contents to anyone.***

I couldn’t get in –

My comments:

Great content and very complex – I was thinking it would take some time before MOHs (or any agency responsible for the FR) would be able to get up to speed with running their own FR (much less install and configure it) –

Does the group have in mind developing a technical assistance package where you would install, configure and maintain the national FR (for a country asking for these services) and in parallel advise/teach/guide a local team how to do the maintenance work ? It is both developmental and capacity-building – I think Steeve did this for the Philippines in the past and it might work for a network of countries using the AeHIN approach -

If you do, do let us know how we can help -

Alvin (speaking for AeHIN) —

···

Dr. Alvin B. Marcelo

Disclaimer:

*** This
e-mail, together with any attachments, is intended for the named recipients only and is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by law. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete it and any attachments from your system. You may
not copy or disclose its contents to anyone.***

Thanks Alvin! We are starting it right now.

~ ej

···

Dr. Alvin B. Marcelo

Disclaimer:

This e-mail, together with any attachments, is intended for the named recipients only and is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by law. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete it and any attachments from your system. You may not copy or disclose its contents to anyone.