face-to-face meeting?

Hello all,

In the past, there has been a face-to-face architecture meeting during the end of the IHE connectathon testing.

1. We need to make a decision to meet or not meet this year. If we meet during connectathon, the dates would be Jan. 29 and/or 30th in Cleveland, OH. What are your thoughts and opinions about having a face-to-face meeting?

2. If we have the meeting, we would want to get the group’s opinion on topics to cover. What are your thoughts about topics? Some topics we could consider might be:

1. Testing - Capturing learning from recent testing experiences

2. Testing - Setting testing expectations for software solutions

3. Requirements / Workflows - What do we need / want to communicate to others who might want to provide software solutions or implement OHIE

4. OHIE - What’s after 1.0?

I look forward to your thoughts.

Jennifer

Jennifer E. Shivers

jennifer.e.shivers@gmail.com

All,

Following up on Monday’s architecture call and Jennifer’s email, we need to establish the group of individuals who will be attending the IHE Connectathon in January. These individuals, in conjunction with others, would be likely attendees for an in-person
OpenHIE architecture meeting, which would be held proximal to the IHE Connectathon.

Below is a draft list of potential candidates for the IHE Connectathon.

• Ryan Crichton

• Carl Leitner

• Andrew Martin

• Suranga Kathurirathne

• Justin Fyfe

Of course, we anticipate a larger audience attending the face-to-face meeting.

Please share your thoughts regarding attendees at the IHE Connectathon, and we’d also like to hear your perspectives on the face-to-face OpenHIE architecture meeting (the need for the meeting, the attendees, the agenda, etc.).

Thanks,

Shaun

···

Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 9:08 AM

To: “ohie-architecture@googlegroups.comohie-architecture@googlegroups.com

Cc: Jennifer E Shivers jennifer.e.shivers@gmail.com

Subject: face-to-face meeting?

Hello all,

In the past, there has been a face-to-face architecture meeting during the end of the IHE connectathon testing.

1. We need to make a decision to meet or not meet this year. If we meet during connectathon, the dates would be Jan. 29 and/or 30th in Cleveland, OH. What are your thoughts and opinions about having a face-to-face meeting?

2. If we have the meeting, we would want to get the group’s opinion on topics to cover. What are your thoughts about topics? Some topics we could consider might be:

3. Testing - Capturing learning from recent testing experiences

4. Testing - Setting testing expectations for software solutions

Requirements / Workflows - What do we need / want to communicate to others who might want to provide software solutions or implement OHIE

1. OHIE - What’s after 1.0?

Jennifer

Jennifer E. Shivers

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Architecture” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
ohie-architecture+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi All,

It is always good to have a face-to-face. We should just think a bit about what we would want to achieve. So possible suggestions:

• Planning our focus and activities moving forward
  • Defining and structuring the Documentation of the workflows that we need to produce so we produce consistent documentation.
  • Decide on what other IHE profiles would be useful for us to track and support - I’m thinking mainly of the “mobile” (read: restful) profiles that are being defined through IHE. I think these will make HIE easier to connect to in general not just on mobile devices.
    Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 6:08 AM, Grannis, Shaun J sgrannis@regenstrief.org wrote:

All,

Following up on Monday’s architecture call and Jennifer’s email, we need to establish the group of individuals who will be attending the IHE Connectathon in January. These individuals, in conjunction with others, would be likely attendees for an in-person
OpenHIE architecture meeting, which would be held proximal to the IHE Connectathon.

• Ryan Crichton
  • Carl Leitner
  • Andrew Martin
  • Suranga Kathurirathne
  • Justin Fyfe

Please share your thoughts regarding attendees at the IHE Connectathon, and we’d also like to hear your perspectives on the face-to-face OpenHIE architecture meeting (the need for the meeting, the attendees, the agenda, etc.).

Thanks,

Shaun

Hello all,

1. If we have the meeting, we would want to get the group’s opinion on topics to cover. What are your thoughts about topics? Some topics we could consider might be:
  1. Testing - Setting testing expectations for software solutions

Requirements / Workflows - What do we need / want to communicate to others who might want to provide software solutions or implement OHIE

Jennifer

Jennifer E. Shivers

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Architecture” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-architecture+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Ryan Crichton

Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

It is good for us to have a face-to-face once or twice a year - we haven’t really had one since we were snowed in together in Indianapolis!
If we have one, I would like to see a track focusing on country implementations and discussing how we would like to structure and standardize them going forward. This would include not only how we want to best support implementations building
on our case examples so far, but also increase implementer engagement in the communities and our related activities (such as IHE)

It is an important part of our work to be building capacity in the countries and increasing local stakeholder engagement in global design and development work. I would like to work with others who are interested to put some energy into working
with stakeholders and collaborators at the national (Ministries of Health and Telecom, private and FBO sectors, etc) regional (WAHO, EAC, ECSA, AeHIN, etc) and global WHO, ITU, World Bank - other mHealth and eHealth vendors.

I am happy to work this track of the F2F with others who are interested.

Looking forward to others thoughts,

···

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 6:08 AM, Grannis, Shaun J
sgrannis@regenstrief.org wrote:

All,

Following up on Monday’s architecture call and Jennifer’s email, we need to establish the group of individuals who will be attending the IHE Connectathon in January. These individuals, in conjunction with others, would be likely attendees for
an in-person OpenHIE architecture meeting, which would be held proximal to the IHE Connectathon.

• Ryan Crichton
  • Carl Leitner
  • Andrew Martin
  • Suranga Kathurirathne
  • Justin Fyfe

Thanks,

Shaun

Hello all,

1. If we have the meeting, we would want to get the group’s opinion on topics to cover. What are your thoughts about topics? Some topics we could consider might be:

Jennifer

Jennifer E. Shivers

For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout

For more options, visit

Ryan Crichton

Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH
AFRICA

Hi Dykki,

I like the topics you are raising, I’m just worrying that the attendees of the connectathon may not be the only ones that should be participating in this type of discussions (your points). We would be very interested (and actually since it is what we are doing a little too) to discuss some patterns of advocacy for OpenHIE based architectures and how to get increased stakeholder engagements. Maybe getting a few “leads” from the various communities engaged around this and those currently engaged with the architecture advocacy and promotion with countries around the table would be a good set of sessions to hold.

Cheers

···

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Dykki Settle dsettle@intrahealth.org wrote:

It is good for us to have a face-to-face once or twice a year - we haven’t really had one since we were snowed in together in Indianapolis!
If we have one, I would like to see a track focusing on country implementations and discussing how we would like to structure and standardize them going forward. This would include not only how we want to best support implementations building
on our case examples so far, but also increase implementer engagement in the communities and our related activities (such as IHE)

It is an important part of our work to be building capacity in the countries and increasing local stakeholder engagement in global design and development work. I would like to work with others who are interested to put some energy into working
with stakeholders and collaborators at the national (Ministries of Health and Telecom, private and FBO sectors, etc) regional (WAHO, EAC, ECSA, AeHIN, etc) and global WHO, ITU, World Bank - other mHealth and eHealth vendors.

Dykki

On Nov 25, 2014, at 2:21 AM, Ryan Crichton ryan@jembi.org wrote:

Hi All,

It is always good to have a face-to-face. We should just think a bit about what we would want to achieve. So possible suggestions:

• Defining and structuring the Documentation of the workflows that we need to produce so we produce consistent documentation.
  • Decide on what other IHE profiles would be useful for us to track and support - I’m thinking mainly of the “mobile” (read: restful) profiles that are being defined through IHE. I think these will make HIE easier to connect to in general not just
    on mobile devices.
    Cheers,

Ryan

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-architecture+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Carl Fourie

Assistant Director of Programs, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27 71 540 4477 | Office: +27 21 701 0939 | Skype: carl.fourie17
E-mail: carl.fourie@jembi.org

All,

Following up on Monday’s architecture call and Jennifer’s email, we need to establish the group of individuals who will be attending the IHE Connectathon in January. These individuals, in conjunction with others, would be likely attendees for
an in-person OpenHIE architecture meeting, which would be held proximal to the IHE Connectathon.

• Ryan Crichton
  • Carl Leitner
  • Andrew Martin
  • Suranga Kathurirathne
  • Justin Fyfe

Thanks,

Shaun

Hello all,

Jennifer

Jennifer E. Shivers

For more options, visit

For more options, visit

Ryan Crichton

AFRICA

Hi Carl,

In Shaun’s message below he mentions that a larger audience would attend the face-to-face meeting - I assumed this mean there would be a larger gathering beyond the connectathon attendees. (Shaun - please correct me if I misunderstood!) I agree
it is a broader group of ‘leads’ who need to work with these issues.

Thanks much,

···

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Dykki Settle
dsettle@intrahealth.org wrote:

Dykki

Hi All,

• Decide on what other IHE profiles would be useful for us to track and support - I’m thinking mainly of the “mobile” (read: restful) profiles that are being defined through IHE. I think these will make HIE easier to connect to in general not just
    on mobile devices.
    Cheers,

Ryan

For more options, visit

For more options, visit

Carl Fourie

All,

• Ryan Crichton
  • Carl Leitner
  • Andrew Martin
  • Suranga Kathurirathne
  • Justin Fyfe

Thanks,

Shaun

Hello all,

Jennifer

Jennifer E. Shivers

For more options, visit

For more options, visit

Ryan Crichton

AFRICA

Mobile:
+27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton

Hi Dykki,

Thanks for raising that, I missed it in my reading. Shaun is this a correct thinking?

Cheers

···

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Dykki Settle dsettle@intrahealth.org wrote:

Hi Carl,

In Shaun’s message below he mentions that a larger audience would attend the face-to-face meeting - I assumed this mean there would be a larger gathering beyond the connectathon attendees. (Shaun - please correct me if I misunderstood!) I agree

Thanks much,

Dykki

On Nov 25, 2014, at 7:14 AM, Carl Fourie carl@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Dykki,

I like the topics you are raising, I’m just worrying that the attendees of the connectathon may not be the only ones that should be participating in this type of discussions (your points). We would be very interested (and actually since it is
what we are doing a little too) to discuss some patterns of advocacy for OpenHIE based architectures and how to get increased stakeholder engagements. Maybe getting a few “leads” from the various communities engaged around this and those currently engaged
with the architecture advocacy and promotion with countries around the table would be a good set of sessions to hold.

Cheers

Carl Fourie

Carl Fourie

Dykki

Hi All,

on mobile devices.
    Cheers,

Ryan

For more options, visit

For more options, visit

All,

• Ryan Crichton
  • Carl Leitner
  • Andrew Martin
  • Suranga Kathurirathne
  • Justin Fyfe

Thanks,

Shaun

Hello all,

Jennifer

Jennifer E. Shivers

For more options, visit

For more options, visit

Ryan Crichton

AFRICA

Mobile:

All,

Thanks for the great dialog.

We’d like to have the agenda for the face-to-face architecture meeting be meaningfully informed by our experiences of both a) the OpenHIE release and b) the upcoming IHE connectathon. To do so, we’ll likely need time to digest the proceeds of both activities.

Consequently, as we contemplate a larger group (beyond the connectathon attendees) for a face-to-face architecture meeting, we’re looking to find a time later in Spring 2015 (in the April timeline), rather than being coincident with the IHE connectathon.

Please keep your ideas coming and we’ll be providing more information by email and through upcoming calls.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Shaun

···

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 7:53 AM, Carl Fourie carl@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Dykki,

Thanks for raising that, I missed it in my reading. Shaun is this a correct thinking?

Cheers

Shaun J. Grannis, MD MS FACMI FAAFP
Biomedical Research Scientist, The Regenstrief Institute
Associate Professor, I.U. School of Medicine
410 West 10th Street, Suite 2000
Indianapolis, IN 46202
(317) 274-9092 (Office)
(317) 274-9305 (Fax)

Carl Fourie

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Dykki Settle dsettle@intrahealth.org wrote:

Hi Carl,

Thanks much,

Dykki

On Nov 25, 2014, at 7:14 AM, Carl Fourie carl@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Dykki,

I like the topics you are raising, I’m just worrying that the attendees of the connectathon may not be the only ones that should be participating in this type of discussions (your points). We would be very interested (and actually since it is
what we are doing a little too) to discuss some patterns of advocacy for OpenHIE based architectures and how to get increased stakeholder engagements. Maybe getting a few “leads” from the various communities engaged around this and those currently engaged
with the architecture advocacy and promotion with countries around the table would be a good set of sessions to hold.

Cheers

Carl Fourie

Dykki

Hi All,

on mobile devices.
    Cheers,

Ryan

For more options, visit

For more options, visit

All,

• Ryan Crichton
  • Carl Leitner
  • Andrew Martin
  • Suranga Kathurirathne
  • Justin Fyfe

Thanks,

Shaun

Hello all,

Jennifer

Jennifer E. Shivers

For more options, visit

For more options, visit

Ryan Crichton

AFRICA

Mobile:

Hi Carl,

In Shaun’s message below he mentions that a larger audience would attend the face-to-face meeting - I assumed this mean there would be a larger gathering beyond the connectathon attendees. (Shaun - please correct me if I misunderstood!) I agree it is a broader group of ‘leads’ who need to work with these issues.

Thanks much,

···

From: ohie-architecture@googlegroups.com [mailto:ohie-architecture@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Dykki Settle
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 7:39 AM
To: Carl Fourie
Cc: Ryan Crichton; Grannis, Shaun J; Jennifer E Shivers; ohie-architecture@googlegroups.com; Chris Seebregts
Subject: Re: face-to-face meeting?

-
Dykki

On Nov 25, 2014, at 7:14 AM, Carl Fourie <carl@jembi.org<mailto:carl@jembi.org>> wrote:

Hi Dykki,

I like the topics you are raising, I'm just worrying that the attendees of the connectathon may not be the only ones that should be participating in this type of discussions (your points). We would be very interested (and actually since it is what we are doing a little too) to discuss some patterns of advocacy for OpenHIE based architectures and how to get increased stakeholder engagements. Maybe getting a few "leads" from the various communities engaged around this and those currently engaged with the architecture advocacy and promotion with countries around the table would be a good set of sessions to hold.

Cheers

Carl Fourie
---
E-mail: carl.fourie@jembi.org<mailto:carl.fourie@jembi.org>

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Dykki Settle <dsettle@intrahealth.org<mailto:dsettle@intrahealth.org>> wrote:
If we have one, I would like to see a track focusing on country implementations and discussing how we would like to structure and standardize them going forward. This would include not only how we want to best support implementations building on our case examples so far, but also increase implementer engagement in the communities and our related activities (such as IHE)

It is an important part of our work to be building capacity in the countries and increasing local stakeholder engagement in global design and development work. I would like to work with others who are interested to put some energy into working with stakeholders and collaborators at the national (Ministries of Health and Telecom, private and FBO sectors, etc) regional (WAHO, EAC, ECSA, AeHIN, etc) and global WHO, ITU, World Bank - other mHealth and eHealth vendors.

-
Dykki

On Nov 25, 2014, at 2:21 AM, Ryan Crichton <ryan@jembi.org<mailto:ryan@jembi.org>> wrote:

Hi All,

* Planning our focus and activities moving forward
  * Defining and structuring the Documentation of the workflows that we need to produce so we produce consistent documentation.
  * Decide on what other IHE profiles would be useful for us to track and support - I'm thinking mainly of the "mobile" (read: restful) profiles that are being defined through IHE. I think these will make HIE easier to connect to in general not just on mobile devices.
Cheers,
Ryan

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 6:08 AM, Grannis, Shaun J <sgrannis@regenstrief.org<mailto:sgrannis@regenstrief.org>> wrote:
All,

Following up on Monday’s architecture call and Jennifer’s email, we need to establish the group of individuals who will be attending the IHE Connectathon in January. These individuals, in conjunction with others, would be likely attendees for an in-person OpenHIE architecture meeting, which would be held proximal to the IHE Connectathon.

- Ryan Crichton
- Carl Leitner
- Andrew Martin
- Suranga Kathurirathne
- Justin Fyfe

Please share your thoughts regarding attendees at the IHE Connectathon, and we'd also like to hear your perspectives on the face-to-face OpenHIE architecture meeting (the need for the meeting, the attendees, the agenda, etc.).

Thanks,

Shaun

From: Jennifer E Shivers <jennifer.e.shivers@gmail.com<mailto:jennifer.e.shivers@gmail.com>>
To: "ohie-architecture@googlegroups.com<mailto:ohie-architecture@googlegroups.com>" <ohie-architecture@googlegroups.com<mailto:ohie-architecture@googlegroups.com>>
Cc: Jennifer E Shivers <jennifer.e.shivers@gmail.com<mailto:jennifer.e.shivers@gmail.com>>

Hello all,

1) We need to make a decision to meet or not meet this year. If we meet during connectathon, the dates would be Jan. 29 and/or 30th in Cleveland, OH. What are your thoughts and opinions about having a face-to-face meeting?

2) If we have the meeting, we would want to get the group’s opinion on topics to cover. What are your thoughts about topics? Some topics we could consider might be:
1) Testing - Capturing learning from recent testing experiences
2) Testing - Setting testing expectations for software solutions
3) Requirements / Workflows - What do we need / want to communicate to others who might want to provide software solutions or implement OHIE
4) OHIE - What’s after 1.0?

Jennifer

Jennifer E. Shivers
jennifer.e.shivers@gmail.com<mailto:jennifer.e.shivers@gmail.com>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenHIE Architecture" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-architecture+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<mailto:ohie-architecture+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com>.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenHIE Architecture" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-architecture+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<mailto:ohie-architecture+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com>.

--
Ryan Crichton
Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27845829934<tel:%2B27845829934> | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org<mailto:ryan@jembi.org>

--

--

--