[Discussion] Requirement gathering for OpenHIE demo strategy

Hi all,

Following our discussion around the OpenHIE demo strategy on Monday, Ryan C. and I were tasked with pushing this forward.

During the meeting, we agreed that (a) a production worthy demo instance based on existing EMR systems was the need of the hour and (b) we needed to identify a specific use case (immunization, maternal care etc.) to demnstrate

We also agreed that the use case we select should cover all components of the OpenHIE.

So far, we’re thinking that the production worthy demos should comprise of both OSCAR and OpenMRS.

In response to the discussion on suitable use cases, Terry shared with us a number of use cases from medic mobile (http://medicmobile.org/usecases)

1. Does everyone agree with the above?

2. Do we have any volunteers from Mohawk to help us with the demo setup with OSCAR?

3. Can members of the COIL lab or the Open Health Information Network share with us any use cases that they have in mind? :slight_smile:

4. How do we manage situations where there are multiple contenders to specific components of OpenHIE?

···

Best Regards,
Suranga

Hi Suranga,

1. I definitely agree
  2. From discussions in the SHR and IL community the primary use cases that would be useful were determined to be Antenatal Care, HIV/TB Care, Child Immunisations and Malaria Care and reporting. For me Antenatal Care and Immunisations stick out as areas that we already have experience in.
  3. I think that to start we should just pick the one component that’s easiest to get up and running with, then later we come up with some smart way to divert traffic to different component options if they exist. Lets start with the simple first.
    I have some questions of my own to add:
    1. Do we have buy in from the OHIE leadership to go down this path? Is this something that we should discuss on a leadership or architecture call?
    1. Is OpenHIE planning an dedicating some funding/resources to get this work done?
      Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 7:04 PM Suranga Kasthurirathne surangakas@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

Following our discussion around the OpenHIE demo strategy on Monday, Ryan C. and I were tasked with pushing this forward.

During the meeting, we agreed that (a) a production worthy demo instance based on existing EMR systems was the need of the hour and (b) we needed to identify a specific use case (immunization, maternal care etc.) to demnstrate

We also agreed that the use case we select should cover all components of the OpenHIE.

So far, we’re thinking that the production worthy demos should comprise of both OSCAR and OpenMRS.

In response to the discussion on suitable use cases, Terry shared with us a number of use cases from medic mobile (http://medicmobile.org/usecases)

1. Do we have any volunteers from Mohawk to help us with the demo setup with OSCAR?
  1. Can members of the COIL lab or the Open Health Information Network share with us any use cases that they have in mind? :slight_smile:
  1. How do we manage situations where there are multiple contenders to specific components of OpenHIE?

Best Regards,
Suranga

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Sandbox” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-sandbox+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Ryan Crichton

Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

Hi,

I agree with the Antenatal Care and Immunisation use cases.

In terms of questions 5 and 6, I believe the plan was for us to put our heads together, present our ‘findings’ at a leadership meeting, and get their “buy-in” to build :slight_smile:

···

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 4:39 AM, Ryan Crichton ryan@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Suranga,

1. I definitely agree
  2. From discussions in the SHR and IL community the primary use cases that would be useful were determined to be Antenatal Care, HIV/TB Care, Child Immunisations and Malaria Care and reporting. For me Antenatal Care and Immunisations stick out as areas that we already have experience in.
  3. I think that to start we should just pick the one component that’s easiest to get up and running with, then later we come up with some smart way to divert traffic to different component options if they exist. Lets start with the simple first.
    I have some questions of my own to add:
    1. Do we have buy in from the OHIE leadership to go down this path? Is this something that we should discuss on a leadership or architecture call?
    1. Is OpenHIE planning an dedicating some funding/resources to get this work done?
      Cheers,

Ryan

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 7:04 PM Suranga Kasthurirathne surangakas@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

1. Do we have any volunteers from Mohawk to help us with the demo setup with OSCAR?
  1. Can members of the COIL lab or the Open Health Information Network share with us any use cases that they have in mind? :slight_smile:
  1. How do we manage situations where there are multiple contenders to specific components of OpenHIE?

Best Regards,
Suranga

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Sandbox” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-sandbox+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Ryan Crichton

Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

Thanks and best regards,

Suranga Kasthurirathne

Regional Community manager (Asia-Pacific)