DHIS2 and terminology server

Hi

I will be in Rwanda for the next two weeks and one of the (too many!) things I will be looking at is what use cases there might be between DHIS2 and the terminology service. Its early days for me so I am not sure where this will go yet or what the actual requirements are on the ground. A possibility seems to be that we somehow map our structural metadata for aggregate data elements into the TS. I am a little unschooled as yet in how flexible the TS is in terms of designing custom ontologies. Our peculiar disaggregation model is always a challenge …

Two quick questions:

Is there a described format for bulk import of ontologies?

Who is responsible for the system maintenance in Rwanda?

I had a look at the open source apelon repository - there appear to be no updates in 2 years. (http://apelon-dts.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/apelon-dts/) . That doesn’t look right. Is this a true picture of the current status?

Thanks

Bob

Bob,

Hannes knows more about the specific status of Rwanda, so I’ll defer to him on that one.

Regarding DTS, we’ve been transitioning our DTS work to
www.apelondts.org . You’ll find all the latest on our new DTS 4.0 release there. DTS allows very flexible design, creation and maintenance of arbitrary vocabularies/terminologies/ontologies. Our experience is that DTS can
represent most anything users have thrown at us. As one example, Infoway is currently maintaining their national release of SNOMED CT in DTS.

DTS supports a number of “bulk” input formats from delimited text, to Excel, to XML. Would be happy to provide further details if you require.

Have a great trip!

Jack

···

I will be in Rwanda for the next two weeks and one of the (too many!) things I will be looking at is what use cases there might be between DHIS2 and the terminology service. Its early days for me so I am not sure where this will go yet
or what the actual requirements are on the ground. A possibility seems to be that we somehow map our structural metadata for aggregate data elements into the TS. I am a little unschooled as yet in how flexible the TS is in terms of designing custom ontologies.
Our peculiar disaggregation model is always a challenge …

Two quick questions:

I had a look at the open source apelon repository - there appear to be no updates in 2 years. (http://apelon-dts.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/apelon-dts/ ) . That doesn’t
look right. Is this a true picture of the current status?

Thanks

Bob

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Terminology Services” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
terminology-services+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Bob,

The TS in Rwanda is managed by the RHEA team and the eHealth division at the Ministry of Health.

We here at Jembi lead the development/implementation of it.

I’ve cc’d in Gilbert who leads the technical team at the ministry, as well as both Wayne and Rhonwyn as contact points.

Myself and Wayne are the best people to talk to you if you’re interested in the technical side of the implementation.

Kind Regards

Hannes

···

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM, Jack Bowie jbowie@apelon.com wrote:

Bob,

Hannes knows more about the specific status of Rwanda, so I’ll defer to him on that one.

Regarding DTS, we’ve been transitioning our DTS work to
www.apelondts.org . You’ll find all the latest on our new DTS 4.0 release there. DTS allows very flexible design, creation and maintenance of arbitrary vocabularies/terminologies/ontologies. Our experience is that DTS can
represent most anything users have thrown at us. As one example, Infoway is currently maintaining their national release of SNOMED CT in DTS.

DTS supports a number of “bulk” input formats from delimited text, to Excel, to XML. Would be happy to provide further details if you require.

Have a great trip!

Jack

From: terminology-services@googlegroups.com [mailto:terminology-services@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Bob Jolliffe
Sent: Saturday, July 06, 2013 12:53 PM
To: terminology-services@googlegroups.com
Subject: DHIS2 and terminology server

Hi

I will be in Rwanda for the next two weeks and one of the (too many!) things I will be looking at is what use cases there might be between DHIS2 and the terminology service. Its early days for me so I am not sure where this will go yet
or what the actual requirements are on the ground. A possibility seems to be that we somehow map our structural metadata for aggregate data elements into the TS. I am a little unschooled as yet in how flexible the TS is in terms of designing custom ontologies.
Our peculiar disaggregation model is always a challenge …

Two quick questions:

I had a look at the open source apelon repository - there appear to be no updates in 2 years. (http://apelon-dts.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/apelon-dts/ ) . That doesn’t
look right. Is this a true picture of the current status?

Thanks

Bob

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Terminology Services” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
terminology-services+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to terminology-services+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Hannes Venter
Software Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27 73 276 2848 | Office: +27 21 701 0939 | Skype: venter.johannes
E-mail: hannes@jembi.org