Clarification on how the Maternal Summary module behaves

Hi Hannes,

I’m testing out the maternal summary module, and there are some things I wanted to clarify,

1. If user A created encounter A at location A, and then deletes it from the POC, the maternal summary module cannot restore it into the POC at location A using the data in the SHR, as it is designed to look only at encounters created at different locations other than location A.

2. Based on the maternal summary module dashboard, it seems that the module is not interested in all the encounter types. For example, I see that it doesn’t have a section for ‘ANC Physical’. Is this correct, or are you listing all the encounter types using different names/titles ?

Regards,

Suranga

Hi Suranga,

(I’m just cc’ing the sandbox group as well as I think aspects of this discussion are well suited there)

1. The maternal summary only looks at local encounters on the OMRS system, and does not communicate at all with the SHR. So if we delete (or rather flag as voided) an encounter then the maternal summary will simply reflect the fact that the encounter is no longer available. As far as I can remember voided encounters aren’t reflected in the SHR as voided, so the data will still be available, but yes, not at that location. This might be an issue we need to think about a bit more moving forward with the SHR.

2. The latter; we’re listing the encounters under different sections to make it more readable. Since a physical encounter is filled out every time a mother visits the clinic, we list them all in a table as a summary under the section “ANC Visits”.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further queries :slight_smile:

Kind Regards

Hannes

···

On 1 November 2013 18:00, Suranga Kasthurirathne surangakas@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Hannes,

I’m testing out the maternal summary module, and there are some things I wanted to clarify,

1. If user A created encounter A at location A, and then deletes it from the POC, the maternal summary module cannot restore it into the POC at location A using the data in the SHR, as it is designed to look only at encounters created at different locations other than location A.
  1. Based on the maternal summary module dashboard, it seems that the module is not interested in all the encounter types. For example, I see that it doesn’t have a section for ‘ANC Physical’. Is this correct, or are you listing all the encounter types using different names/titles ?

Regards,

Suranga

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Shared Health Record (OpenHIE)” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhie-shr+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hannes Venter
Software Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27 73 276 2848 | Office: +27 21 701 0939 | Skype: venter.johannes
E-mail: hannes@jembi.org

Howdy…

Hmm… I think there is some sort of miss-communication happening.

The SHR currently does have a way of filtering encounter data using the location ID (ELID) built in, and returning them to users via GET requests.

Looking through the Maternal Summary code, I do see classes such as “RefreshFromSHRServlet” which are supposed to refresh patient data from the SHR. This leads to methods such as "getPatientClinicalDataFromSHR(…).

Doesn’t the Maternal summary module serve as the interface to get data from the SHR using the POC Adapter module ? The code i’m looking at seems to be doing this…

I believed that the idea was that it would be responsible for triggering data sync to/from the SHR…

···

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Hannes Venter hannes@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Suranga,

(I’m just cc’ing the sandbox group as well as I think aspects of this discussion are well suited there)

1. The maternal summary only looks at local encounters on the OMRS system, and does not communicate at all with the SHR. So if we delete (or rather flag as voided) an encounter then the maternal summary will simply reflect the fact that the encounter is no longer available. As far as I can remember voided encounters aren’t reflected in the SHR as voided, so the data will still be available, but yes, not at that location. This might be an issue we need to think about a bit more moving forward with the SHR.
  1. The latter; we’re listing the encounters under different sections to make it more readable. Since a physical encounter is filled out every time a mother visits the clinic, we list them all in a table as a summary under the section “ANC Visits”.

Kind Regards

Hannes

Best Regards,

Suranga

Hi Hannes,

1. Based on the maternal summary module dashboard, it seems that the module is not interested in all the encounter types. For example, I see that it doesn’t have a section for ‘ANC Physical’. Is this correct, or are you listing all the encounter types using different names/titles ?

Regards,

Suranga

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Shared Health Record (OpenHIE)” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhie-shr+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Hannes Venter

Hi Suranga

The maternal summary module dynamically generates the summary data on the page (each time its loaded) from encounter data in the local openmrs database some of which may have been created locally or imported from the SHR.

There are currently two mechanisms supported to pull data from the SHR.

1. Click on the refresh button on the maternal summary page which will make the request and include any new data returned from the SHR in the summary that is generated.

2. At the end of the ANC registration process an automatic request is made to the SHR for the patient just registered.

In both cases the maternal summary module simply leverages off the poc adapter api.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Wayne

···

Hi Suranga,

1. The latter; we’re listing the encounters under different sections to make it more readable. Since a physical encounter is filled out every time a mother visits the clinic, we list them all in a table as a summary under the section “ANC Visits”.

Kind Regards

Hannes

Best Regards,

Suranga

Hi Hannes,

Regards,

Suranga

Hannes Venter

Hey Suranga,

The current RHEA SHR does have the ability to filter encounter by ELID. It won’t return encounter created at a certain location if you specify the ELID of that location in the request.

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Wayne Chelliah wayne@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Suranga

The maternal summary module dynamically generates the summary data on the page (each time its loaded) from encounter data in the local openmrs database some of which may have been created locally or imported from the SHR.

1. Click on the refresh button on the maternal summary page which will make the request and include any new data returned from the SHR in the summary that is generated.
  1. At the end of the ANC registration process an automatic request is made to the SHR for the patient just registered.

In both cases the maternal summary module simply leverages off the poc adapter api.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Wayne

On 1 Nov 2013 21:56, “Suranga Kasthurirathne” surangakas@gmail.com wrote:

Howdy…

The SHR currently does have a way of filtering encounter data using the location ID (ELID) built in, and returning them to users via GET requests.

Looking through the Maternal Summary code, I do see classes such as “RefreshFromSHRServlet” which are supposed to refresh patient data from the SHR. This leads to methods such as "getPatientClinicalDataFromSHR(…).

Doesn’t the Maternal summary module serve as the interface to get data from the SHR using the POC Adapter module ? The code i’m looking at seems to be doing this…

I believed that the idea was that it would be responsible for triggering data sync to/from the SHR…

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE RHEA Sandbox” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-sandbox+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Ryan Crichton

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

Hi Suranga,

Kind Regards

Hannes

Best Regards,

Suranga

Hi Hannes,

Regards,

Suranga

Hannes Venter

Hi,

Thanks everyone, this clears things up very well :slight_smile:

···

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 4:17 AM, Ryan Crichton ryan@jembi.org wrote:

Hey Suranga,

The current RHEA SHR does have the ability to filter encounter by ELID. It won’t return encounter created at a certain location if you specify the ELID of that location in the request.

Cheers,

Ryan

Best Regards,

Suranga

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Wayne Chelliah wayne@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Suranga

1. At the end of the ANC registration process an automatic request is made to the SHR for the patient just registered.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Wayne

On 1 Nov 2013 21:56, “Suranga Kasthurirathne” surangakas@gmail.com wrote:

Howdy…

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE RHEA Sandbox” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-sandbox+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Ryan Crichton

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton

E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

Hi Suranga,

Kind Regards

Hannes

Best Regards,

Suranga

Hi Hannes,

Regards,

Suranga

Hannes Venter