OpenHIE Specification 3.0 Update
Last September OpenHIE was able to publish the 2.0 version of the OpenHIE architecture. Previous versions had been available on the wiki, and it was difficult to tell working / emerging versions from the final agreed upon version of the workflow. Moving forward, we intend to publish the specification on a yearly basis. In addition, we will try to ensure that it is updated before our community meeting.
New Requests for This Year
- There is a request to determine if use cases could be a part of the specification. To work toward this, we need to capture use cases. More information about that will be coming.
- There is a request to incorporate the maturity model into the specifications. We will need to explore this as we address this as we move forward this year.
The overall process to update and add to the existing content will be:
- Communities will be given time to update their portions of the specification (see the link below where you can make updates)
- Component specifications will need to be updated by March 31, 2020
- Workflows will need to be updated by June 15, 2020
- Any diagram changes will be made and approved by March 31, 2020
- The Architecture Review Board will review and vote on the specification by June 30, 2020
- The Regenstrief team will need time to proof, and launch the specification and diagram updates by September 1, 2020
What do sub community leads need to do right now
Plan for discussions to ensure that the following timelines are met:
- Component specifications will need to be updated by March 31, 2020 - This is the part of the specification that documents the basic requirements for a specific OpenHIE component.
- Workflows will need to be updated by June 15, 2020 - This includes any updates to the interaction diagrams. Any additional workflows will need to be shared with the Architecture Community before publication.
- Bring any diagram change requests to the Architecture Community in January and February.
- Document use cases or scenarios for your community’s scope.
Please let me know if I am missing anyone or have incorrectly listed the names of the leads
- Client Registry Community @sgrannis - (CR Component Specifications, Patient Identity Management Workflows)
- Facility Registry Community @Rita and Martin - (FR Component Specifications, Care Services Delivery and any specific Facility workflows )
- Health Worker Registry Community @lduncan, dana - (HWR Component Specifications, Care Services Delivery and any specific Health worker workflows )
- Terminology Service Community @jack.bowie, Jon TS Component Specifications, TS Workflows )
- SHR Community @daniel.futerman (SHR Component Specifications, SHR Workflows )
- HMIS Community @bob (HMIS Component Specifications, Aggregate Workflows )
- Supply Chain Community @brandonbowersox.vr, Josh (PR Component Specifications, Any supply chain Workflows )
- Laboratory Community @janflowers, Rita (Any Component Specifications, Any lab Workflows )
- UHC Community @Carl, Jenny (Any Component Specifications, Insurance Workflows )
- IOL Community @daniel.futerman (Any Component Specifications)
*Where / how to make specification updates / changes
The version of the document that you can edit is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-fz4OL9Ykwrizrqfv1ed3-IY09nMt_oNLIMr1PsQhjM/edit#
You may want to use revision marks or other means to work with your sub community to make the updates.
We look forward to what we will create together this year.
Jennifer - For the Architecture Community