Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hello. Nice to e-meet you. Here are some suggestions of how you might jump in. There are sub communities that support these architecture components. You may want to join one or more of them. In addition, we have a DevOps Community and an Architecture Community which are more technical.

Let me know if I can help you engage.
Jennifer

1 Like

Hello All!

I am located in Indianapolis, IN on the west-side of town very close to the Regenstrief building just a 15 minute commute from my home. I am working on the OpenHIE Academy project as a summer intern developing capabilities for the HIE training curriculum. This project will fulfill the capstone requirement for the summer course I am currently enrolled in. I’ll be completing my final semester in the fall of this year. I enjoy learning and educating myself about the benefits and values of OpenHIE in developing countries. I have not come across any major challenges at this time. I appreciate the mission and values of GHI and I’m happy to collaborate with the team. I look forward to learning more.

My favorite band is St. Beauty.

1 Like

Hi All!

My name is Kasey Cummins and I joined the OpenHIE team as the Associate Community Manager at the Regenstrief Institute in Indianapolis, Indiana, in September 2020. Currently, I am working to be more knowledgeable about OpenHIE, the initiatives and structures for this community, and about how I will play a role in promoting engagement.

My favorite song or band is a very difficult choice to make and certainly varies depending on the day! I would say that A Day to Remember has been one of my most favorite bands for the longest amount of time. Their lyrics are written so beautifully, though sometimes they can be difficult to discern (some songs are better than others)! My favorite song might just be Little Wonders by Rob Thomas. That song is so meaningful, calming, and it also promotes mindfulness, which is something I’ve definitely tried to focus on for myself lately!

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m based in Peoria, IL and am working on EMR interoperability / learning more about open source healthcare systems such as OpenMRS, OpenLMIS, etc. My background is in healthcare, data analytics, and web development (Python on the backend and JS on the frontend).

I don’t have any particular challenges around HIE since I’m in the beginning stages of learning about the ecosystem. However, I am interested in learning about the common challenges faced by HIE implementors.

And finally, my favorite song (this year) is City Lock by Keznamdi. It’s a dancehall reggae tune that highlights the music genre’s increasing popularity over the years.

1 Like

Hi Everyone.

My Name is Felistah Yogo(aka Felly) a mentor,mother and Health IT enthusiast.I was born and raised I Kenya , currently living in Arizona USA . I am currently working with a State HIE as an Integration Engineer. In my role I get to support the client facing and technical interoperbility needs of the organization.

I am interested in learning more about OpenHIE Role and future goals in Supporting partner countries in achieving the much needed interoperbility goal in global health and UHC. I would like to explore opportunities for exchanging ideas and learn .

My favorites song is Hold My Hand by MJ and Akon.I also love many of Kenyan Sounds like Ohangla ,Benga etc

Thanks you all

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @felistah and @rcummings. It’s great to get to know a little bit about you both from your introductions!

@rcummings - With your interest in learning about common challenges faced by implementers, the OpenHIE Implementers Network may be of most interest to you! This next call is April 26 and conversations about Implementers and the challenges they face can be found and posted on the OHIN Discourse category.

@felistah - With your interests in reaching UHC and Interoperability, you may be interested in the Health Financing Towards UHC Subcommunity (their next call is April 8) and the Interoperability Layer subcommunity (their next call is April 20)

I hope these links are helpful in working towards your interests. Please reach out if you have any questions!

CC: @daniel.futerman @carl

2 Likes

Hi all,

I’m Philippe, I’m working as a software developer with a french company, currently on an opensource project.
For this project, we’re wondering whether we should use OpenHIM.

Thanks you all for your work.

2 Likes

Hi @phb - Welcome to OpenHIE!

I wanted to share a couple resources in addition to the other post I tagged contacts in.

You may be interested in the Interoperability Layer - Shared Health Record sub-community (next call May 18). They have regular calls that you can find on the wiki page I linked!

Here are some additional resources in the OpenHIE community:

1 Like

I am a Digital health expert with over 13 years of experience in programmable and operational management in both public and private sectors, and implementations of development programmes. Having rich experiences; successfully developed system interoperability and extension to improve service deliveries across various government public and Private sectors, with specific focus on Health programs i.e. FP, HIV AIDS, MNCH, health financing and Malaria.
I am in Tanzania in East Africa. My favorite songs are Hill songs Gospels.

2 Likes

Myself Rabindra Bista, an Asst. Professor in the Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, Kathmandu University, Nepal. I am working in different fields of Digital Health especially in the academic sector. Working to launch Master’s in Health Informatics in the school. I have great expectations from this community for the program.

Regards,
Rabindra

2 Likes

Hi @bsos1003 - Welcome to OpenHIE! We’re so excited to have your experience present in this community.

Reach out to me @kaalcumm or by email kaalcumm@regenstrief.org if you have any questions!

Hi @bista, welcome to OpenHIE! We can’t wait to see how your experience across Digital Health in academia influences community actions.

Reach out to me @kaalcumm or by email at kaalcumm@regenstrief.org if you have any questions!

An ICT expert with over 13 years of experience living in Tanzania in programmable and operational management in both public and private sectors, and implementations of development programmes. Having rich experiences; successfully developed system interoperability and extension to improve service deliveries across various government public and Private sectors, with specific focus on Health programs i.e. FP, HIV AIDS, MNCH, health financing and Malaria.

Skilled and experienced programmes manager with significant experience in managing both technical and political complex situations and foster productive relationship with Government ministries (PORALG, MoHCDGEC, MoFP), MSD, UDSM, DP, inter agencies UNICEF, USAID, WB, Bill and Merinda Gates foundatin to enhance mutual accountability and sustainability.

2 Likes

Welcome @bsos1003! Look forward to learning from your experiences and sharing them with our growing community :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,
I m Nour, working with a project from South Africa, we currently working with OpenHIM.
Interested to learn more about the implementation of FHIR Implementation Guides related to some tasks in the project.

Welcome @nour-hooda-borgi! It’s wonderful to meet you and great to see you on the OHIE architecture call earlier today. Did I hear you correctly that you are based out of Tanzania? We do have a subcommunitiy group focused on interoperability and it’s lead/facilitated by the Jembi team that developed OpenHIM. Are there other areas of the OHIE architecture I might be able to help get you connected with?

Hi OpenHIE community

I am Eden Tarimo from Tanzania currently implementing openHIM as part of the Tanzania Health Enterprise Architecture program

I here to learn more on implementation aspects of the FHIR standards and other guidelines

Regards

Hi! I am hoping to implement my work in machine learning for hospital systems (like patient readmission prediction: [1904.05342] ClinicalBERT: Modeling Clinical Notes and Predicting Hospital Readmission) into open source health information systems and open electronic health records.

Happy to chat with anyone interested – feel free to shoot me an email (j@jaan.io) or message!

Hi @matheweden its been awhile good to see you on here. Are you still with PATH? I saw you were on the architecture call the other day where @cleitner1 talked about FHIR IGs. Was this helpful? Do you have any questions?

We do have a subcommunitiy group focused on interoperability and it’s lead/facilitated by the Jembi team (@daniel.futerman) that developed OpenHIM. they host calls where deeper dives can be done around the interoperability layer of OpenHIE’s architecture and people can bring topics to discuss or challenges to work through together, next call is March 15th.

Are there other areas of the OHIE architecture I might be able to help get you connected with?

Hello,
I am Lumiere working in South Africa with Jembi. I am here to learn how I can implement FSH SUSHI to HAPI FHIR. how can I test my bundles against my IGs created with FSH?

Thank you.