Tanzanian implementation

Hi Scott,

Elaine will somehow be part of the team as an analyst/programmer.

She develop the existing interim facility registry so she will be having some inputs from her experience.

Regarding the POC, I will be the POC from this end.

Best regards,

Frank Tilugulilwa

···

On Thursday, August 1, 2013, Scott Teesdale wrote:

Hi Elaine,

Great I would love to set up a time to give you an introducing and answer your questions below. Does early next week work for you?

Also, will you be acting as the main POC for the facility registry work?

Best,

Scott

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Elaine Baker elaine.baker.work@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Scott

Nice to meet you online.

I was discussing some issues with my colleagues:

• schema: we would like to have a more detailed understanding of the schema (or proposed schema) for the Tanzanian implementation. Can someone give us a tour? How final is it or is it still in development?
  • curation: a core requirement here in Tanzania is to have a system “request change”, “approve change” with changes being tracked over time. This is because data on facilities is managed by district authorities and not centrally, and often development partners are the ones who point out data quality issues. We need ways for districts and development partners to be able to “request changes” and then designated people “approve changes”, with only approved changes being visible to the public. We also need to store reasons for changes - ie correcting a mistake vs a real-life change in the facility’s data. How is this curation going to be set up in the schema?
  • Geographical hierarchy - I have done some work on this in Tanzania (in the form of a administrative area registry which was never deployed) - the hierarchical structure is not simple - different district-types have different internal hierarchy systems. I can give you more information on this. I would also like to know more about how this will be formulated in the schema.

I hear some of your team members are coming here shortly? Will look forward to working with you.

Best wishes

Elaine

Elaine Baker
Systems Analyst

+255715568512

Sent from Gmail Mobile