PoC for new Demo

Hey everyone,

For our current demo we have a PoC box, loaded with OpenMRS to demonstrate when someone enters data in the PoC we can see the flow of data to the other components. I don’t think this PoC module for OpenMRS has been updated to support the new workflows (someone correct me if I am wrong). Does anyone know of any tools we can utilize, that would be appropriate for our public demo? If not, I’m thinking a simple web form as an interface to our current cli tools could suffice for now?

If anyone has any ideas or thoughts on this, please share them :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Ryan Yates

Hi Ryan.

I believe that the modules Justin created so that OpenMRS could play the role of an SHR could also be employed to enable OpenMRS to communicate with OpenHIE. This is likely something we should ask the OpenMRS community to move forward. Perhaps they might want to take on the job of “productizing” OpenMRS’ ability to be an OpenHIE-conformant POS. That would be wonderful! :slight_smile:

Derek.

Derek Ritz, P.Eng., CPHIMS-CA

ecGroup Inc.

+1 (905) 515-0045

This communication is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed, and may contain information which is privileged or confidential. Any other delivery, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality.

···

From: ohie-sandbox@googlegroups.com [mailto:ohie-sandbox@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Ryan Yates
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2015 10:54 PM
To: ohie-sandbox@googlegroups.com
Subject: PoC for new Demo

Hey everyone,

For our current demo we have a PoC box, loaded with OpenMRS to demonstrate when someone enters data in the PoC we can see the flow of data to the other components. I don’t think this PoC module for OpenMRS has been updated to support the new workflows (someone correct me if I am wrong). Does anyone know of any tools we can utilize, that would be appropriate for our public demo? If not, I’m thinking a simple web form as an interface to our current cli tools could suffice for now?

Thanks,

Ryan Yates

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Sandbox” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-sandbox+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Ryan

I don’t know how up to date OpenMRS as a POC is but this does raise an idea of having some pre-loaded POCs that support the workflows. It would be great if we could find some time to invest in some of the open source communities to help them support this. A few quick thoughts would be around Registration and Look up and maybe supporting OpenMRS and OpenSRP and something like OpenELIS in getting the correct features in there to support this?

Thanks

···

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 4:59 AM, Derek Ritz (ecGroup) derek.ritz@ecgroupinc.com wrote:

Hi Ryan.

I believe that the modules Justin created so that OpenMRS could play the role of an SHR could also be employed to enable OpenMRS to communicate with OpenHIE. This is likely something we should ask the OpenMRS community to move forward. Perhaps they might want to take on the job of “productizing” OpenMRS’ ability to be an OpenHIE-conformant POS. That would be wonderful! :slight_smile:

Derek.

Derek Ritz, P.Eng., CPHIMS-CA

ecGroup Inc.

+1 (905) 515-0045

This communication is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed, and may contain information which is privileged or confidential. Any other delivery, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality.

From: ohie-sandbox@googlegroups.com [mailto:ohie-sandbox@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Ryan Yates

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Ryan Yates

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Sandbox” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-sandbox+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Carl Fourie

Assistant Director of Programs, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27 71 540 4477 | Office: +27 21 701 0939 | Skype: carl.fourie17
E-mail: carl.fourie@jembi.org

Ryan,

I would suggest a good start would be for you and I talk with Burke tomorrow about this and ways in which we can interact with the OpenMRS community.

Thank you,

Jamie Thomas

On Behalf Of Carl Fourie

···

Hi Ryan

I don’t know how up to date OpenMRS as a POC is but this does raise an idea of having some pre-loaded POCs that support the workflows. It would be great if we could find some time to invest in some of the open source communities to help
them support this. A few quick thoughts would be around Registration and Look up and maybe supporting OpenMRS and OpenSRP and something like OpenELIS in getting the correct features in there to support this?

Thanks

Carl Fourie

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 4:59 AM, Derek Ritz (ecGroup) derek.ritz@ecgroupinc.com wrote:

Hi Ryan.

I believe that the modules Justin created so that OpenMRS could play the role of an
SHR could also be employed to enable OpenMRS to communicate with OpenHIE. This is likely something we should ask the OpenMRS community to move forward. Perhaps they might want to take on the job of “productizing” OpenMRS’ ability to be an OpenHIE-conformant
POS. That would be wonderful! :slight_smile:

Derek.

**Derek Ritz,**P.Eng., CPHIMS-CA

ecGroup Inc.

+1 (905) 515-0045

This communication is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed, and may contain
information which is privileged or confidential. Any other delivery, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality.

ohie-sandbox@googlegroups.com [mailto:ohie-sandbox@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Ryan Yates

Hey everyone,

For our current demo we have a PoC box, loaded with OpenMRS to demonstrate when someone enters data in the PoC we can see the flow of data to the other components.
I don’t think this PoC module for OpenMRS has been updated to support the new workflows (someone correct me if I am wrong). Does anyone know of any tools we can utilize, that would be appropriate for our public demo? If not, I’m thinking a simple web form
as an interface to our current cli tools could suffice for now?

Thanks,

Ryan Yates

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
ohie-sandbox+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
For more options, visit

All,

Ryan Yates spoke with Burke Mamlin (OpenMRS Engineering Lead) yesterday about OpenMRS integrating with OpenHIE and here is the outcome -
https://talk.openmrs.org/t/integrating-openmrs-with-an-hie/1866/3

···

Thank you,

Jamie Thomas

Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 12:32 PM
Subject: RE: PoC for new Demo

Ryan,

I would suggest a good start would be for you and I talk with Burke tomorrow about this and ways in which we can interact with the OpenMRS community.

Thank you,

Jamie Thomas

On Behalf Of Carl Fourie
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 2:07 AM
Subject: Re: PoC for new Demo

Hi Ryan

I don’t know how up to date OpenMRS as a POC is but this does raise an idea of having some pre-loaded POCs that support the workflows. It would be great if we could find some time to invest in some of the open source communities to help
them support this. A few quick thoughts would be around Registration and Look up and maybe supporting OpenMRS and OpenSRP and something like OpenELIS in getting the correct features in there to support this?

Thanks

Carl Fourie

Hi Ryan.

I believe that the modules Justin created so that OpenMRS could play the role of an
SHR could also be employed to enable OpenMRS to communicate with OpenHIE. This is likely something we should ask the OpenMRS community to move forward. Perhaps they might want to take on the job of “productizing” OpenMRS’ ability to be an OpenHIE-conformant
POS. That would be wonderful! :slight_smile:

Derek.

**Derek Ritz,**P.Eng., CPHIMS-CA

ecGroup Inc.

+1 (905) 515-0045

This communication is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed, and may contain
information which is privileged or confidential. Any other delivery, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality.

On Behalf Of Ryan Yates

Hey everyone,

For our current demo we have a PoC box, loaded with OpenMRS to demonstrate when someone enters data in the PoC we can see the flow of data to the other components.
I don’t think this PoC module for OpenMRS has been updated to support the new workflows (someone correct me if I am wrong). Does anyone know of any tools we can utilize, that would be appropriate for our public demo? If not, I’m thinking a simple web form
as an interface to our current cli tools could suffice for now?

Thanks,

Ryan Yates

For more options, visit

For more options, visit