having multiple point-of-service facilities, and having several providers
practicing within each system.

Based on the demo data we
received from the Provider Registry group and the Facility Registry group, we
have selected 10 health systems that have multiple point-of-service facilities,
and have randomly assigned providers to those systems. We would
like your help in changing the provider and facility demo data to reflect these
assignments. That is, we would like the facility data to indicate
which providers are allowed to practice within the respective health care system,
and the provider data to indicate which health system(s) the provider is
affiliated with. Ideally, we would like a data set from each
group that could be directly imported into the corresponding registry, given
that a nightly refresh of the demo site is planned. The attached
spreadsheet has a tab of the demo health care systems/facilities selected, and
a tab of providers assigned to those help systems.

As we discussed in the
Architecture meeting here in Indianapolis, it is important to be able to
reflect the connection between facilities and providers. One use
case for more tightly integrated facilities and providers would be the ability
to select a facility from a specific health system that gives prenatal care,
then select a provider associated with that facility that could provide the
prenatal care. Another use case would be to generate
usage reports by cross-linking facility and provider.

Thanks,

Larry Lemmon | llemmon@regenstrief.org

(317) 274-9141

Regenstrief Institute, Inc. |
410 West 10th Street, Suite 2000 | Indianapolis, IN 46202-3012

temp_ohie_fac_providers.xlsx (18.8 KB)

Hi Jennifer and Larry,

I am not sure what your timeframes and goals are for the demo site, but currently the OpenHIE Demo Site is based on the RHIE Provider Registry. I have sent Ryan Yates the wiki instructions for installing the updated CSD compliant Health Worker Registry
(HWR). I would suggest that we update the OpenHIE Demo Site to use the CSD compliant HWR. Once that is done we can then import your data into that (rather than doing this for the non-standards based RHIE PR). We would also need to make sure that IL is validating
against CSD (rather than the bespoke RHIE PR solution) as documented here:
https://wiki.ohie.org/display/documents/Save+encounter+workflow

As far as importing the demo data, it looks like you are using extracts of HL7 message to extract provider data. It is relatively easy to get whatever set of providers that you want available in the HWR. You can see some samples
(from the IHE Connect-A-Thon) of this here:

https://github.com/openhie/openinfoman/blob/master/resources/service_directories/CSD-Providers-Connectathon-20131227.xml

for a provider directory, and for the facility directory here:

https://github.com/openhie/openinfoman/blob/master/resources/service_directories/CSD-Facilities-Connectathon-20131227.xml

The providers in the provider directory refer to the facilities in the facility directory via their OID.

Cheers,

-carl

···

On Feb 25, 2014, at 4:15 PM, Jennifer Williams jenniferlwilliams1@gmail.com wrote:

Posting on behalf of Larry Lemmon

We would like to make the OpenHIE Demo Site as realistic as possible. To this end, we want to create demo data that reflects several health care systems, with each system having multiple point-of-service facilities, and having several providers

Based on the demo data we received from the Provider Registry group and the Facility Registry group, we have selected 10 health systems that have multiple point-of-service facilities, and have randomly assigned providers to those systems.
We would like your help in changing the provider and facility demo data to reflect these assignments. That is, we would like the facility data to indicate which providers are allowed to practice within the respective health care system, and the provider
data to indicate which health system(s) the provider is affiliated with. Ideally, we would like a data set from each group that could be directly imported into the corresponding registry, given that a nightly refresh of the demo site is planned. The attached
spreadsheet has a tab of the demo health care systems/facilities selected, and a tab of providers assigned to those help systems.

As we discussed in the Architecture meeting here in Indianapolis, it is important to be able to reflect the connection between facilities and providers. One use case for more tightly integrated facilities and providers would be the ability
to select a facility from a specific health system that gives prenatal care, then select a provider associated with that facility that could provide the prenatal care. Another use case would be to generate usage reports by cross-linking facility and provider.

Thanks,

Larry Lemmon |
llemmon@regenstrief.org | (317) 274-9141

Regenstrief Institute, Inc. | 410 West 10th Street, Suite 2000 | Indianapolis, IN 46202-3012

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Provider Registry” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
provider-registry+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

<temp_ohie_fac_providers.xlsx>

Hi all.

Carl beat me to the punch – I, too, think that we should “cut over” to the HWR, FR, and IL versions that are CSD-conformant. This is the most “current” version of these assets and it gives us a working example of the standards-based OpenHIE (albeit not the full one, yet) which furthers our “story”.

This latter point is important. I think the demo site will serve somewhat of a storytelling role within the stakeholders who are evaluating OpenHIE and considering it for their country implementations. Our standards-based, IHE Connect-a-thon tested puzzle pieces are a key part of that story.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

···

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Carl Leitner cleitner@capacityplus.org wrote:

Hi Jennifer and Larry,

I am not sure what your timeframes and goals are for the demo site, but currently the OpenHIE Demo Site is based on the RHIE Provider Registry. I have sent Ryan Yates the wiki instructions for installing the updated CSD compliant Health Worker Registry
(HWR). I would suggest that we update the OpenHIE Demo Site to use the CSD compliant HWR. Once that is done we can then import your data into that (rather than doing this for the non-standards based RHIE PR). We would also need to make sure that IL is validating
against CSD (rather than the bespoke RHIE PR solution) as documented here:

As far as importing the demo data, it looks like you are using extracts of HL7 message to extract provider data. It is relatively easy to get whatever set of providers that you want available in the HWR. You can see some samples
(from the IHE Connect-A-Thon) of this here:

https://github.com/openhie/openinfoman/blob/master/resources/service_directories/CSD-Providers-Connectathon-20131227.xml

https://github.com/openhie/openinfoman/blob/master/resources/service_directories/CSD-Facilities-Connectathon-20131227.xml

The providers in the provider directory refer to the facilities in the facility directory via their OID.

Cheers,

-carl

On Feb 25, 2014, at 4:15 PM, Jennifer Williams jenniferlwilliams1@gmail.com wrote:

We would like to make the OpenHIE Demo Site as realistic as possible. To this end, we want to create demo data that reflects several health care systems, with each system having multiple point-of-service facilities, and having several providers

Based on the demo data we received from the Provider Registry group and the Facility Registry group, we have selected 10 health systems that have multiple point-of-service facilities, and have randomly assigned providers to those systems.
We would like your help in changing the provider and facility demo data to reflect these assignments. That is, we would like the facility data to indicate which providers are allowed to practice within the respective health care system, and the provider
data to indicate which health system(s) the provider is affiliated with. Ideally, we would like a data set from each group that could be directly imported into the corresponding registry, given that a nightly refresh of the demo site is planned. The attached
spreadsheet has a tab of the demo health care systems/facilities selected, and a tab of providers assigned to those help systems.

As we discussed in the Architecture meeting here in Indianapolis, it is important to be able to reflect the connection between facilities and providers. One use case for more tightly integrated facilities and providers would be the ability
to select a facility from a specific health system that gives prenatal care, then select a provider associated with that facility that could provide the prenatal care. Another use case would be to generate usage reports by cross-linking facility and provider.

Thanks,

Larry Lemmon |
llemmon@regenstrief.org | (317) 274-9141

Regenstrief Institute, Inc. | 410 West 10th Street, Suite 2000 | Indianapolis, IN 46202-3012

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Provider Registry” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Facility Registry (OHIE)” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to facility-registry+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Derek Ritz

This email may contain confidential information intended only for the recipient. If you receive it by accident, please delete it.

All,

There is going to be a Sandbox team call on Monday 3/3 @10am EST. I think this would be a good topic for that call.

We need input from the OHIE leadership on what they feel is the best instantiation of OHIE at the current moment in time so we can make that available on the
demo site asap.

I have added the sandbox group and leads group to this eMail thread for further comment.

-Lorinne

On Behalf Of Derek Ritz

···

Hi all.

Carl beat me to the punch – I, too, think that we should “cut over” to the HWR, FR, and IL versions that are CSD-conformant. This is the most “current” version of these assets and it gives us a working example
of the standards-based OpenHIE (albeit not the full one, yet) which furthers our “story”.

This latter point is important. I think the demo site will serve somewhat of a storytelling role within the stakeholders who are evaluating OpenHIE and considering it for their country implementations. Our standards-based, IHE Connect-a-thon tested puzzle pieces
are a key part of that story.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

Hi Jennifer and Larry,

I am not sure what your timeframes and goals are for the demo site, but currently the OpenHIE Demo Site is based on the RHIE Provider Registry. I have sent Ryan Yates the wiki instructions for installing the updated CSD compliant Health
Worker Registry (HWR). I would suggest that we update the OpenHIE Demo Site to use the CSD compliant HWR. Once that is done we can then import your data into that (rather than doing this for the non-standards based RHIE PR). We would also need to make sure
that IL is validating against CSD (rather than the bespoke RHIE PR solution) as documented here:

As far as importing the demo data, it looks like you are using extracts of HL7 message to extract provider data. It is relatively easy to get whatever set of providers that you want available in the HWR. You can see some samples (from
the IHE Connect-A-Thon) of this here:

Cheers,
-carl

Thanks,

Larry Lemmon |
llemmon@regenstrief.org |
(317) 274-9141

For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Facility Registry (OHIE)” group.

facility-registry+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit

Derek Ritz

This email may contain confidential information intended only for the recipient. If you receive it by accident, please delete it.

All,

There is going to be a Sandbox team call on Monday 3/3 @10am EST. I think this would be a good topic for that call.

We need input from the OHIE leadership on what they feel is the best instantiation of OHIE at the current moment in time so we can make that available on
the demo site asap.

I have added the sandbox group and leads group to this eMail thread for further comment.

-Lorinne

On Behalf Of Derek Ritz

···

Hi all.

Carl beat me to the punch – I, too, think that we should “cut over” to the HWR, FR, and IL versions that are CSD-conformant. This is the most “current” version of these assets and it gives us a working example
of the standards-based OpenHIE (albeit not the full one, yet) which furthers our “story”.

This latter point is important. I think the demo site will serve somewhat of a storytelling role within the stakeholders who are evaluating OpenHIE and considering it for their country implementations. Our standards-based, IHE Connect-a-thon tested puzzle pieces

Warmest regards,

Derek.

Hi Jennifer and Larry,

I am not sure what your timeframes and goals are for the demo site, but currently the OpenHIE Demo Site is based on the RHIE Provider Registry. I have sent Ryan Yates the wiki instructions for installing the updated CSD compliant Health
Worker Registry (HWR). I would suggest that we update the OpenHIE Demo Site to use the CSD compliant HWR. Once that is done we can then import your data into that (rather than doing this for the non-standards based RHIE PR). We would also need to make sure
that IL is validating against CSD (rather than the bespoke RHIE PR solution) as documented here:

As far as importing the demo data, it looks like you are using extracts of HL7 message to extract provider data. It is relatively easy to get whatever set of providers that you want available in the HWR. You can see some samples (from

Cheers,
-carl

Thanks,

Larry Lemmon |
(317) 274-9141

For more options, visit

For more options, visit

Derek Ritz

Hi all,

I agree starting to move the sandbox toward the latest versions of the registries and moving more toward our vision of IHE standards use would be great. There will likely be some development work to get these all to connect up correctly, at least from the IL side of things. I think having a staging environment where we can test out these changes before we go to ‘production’ (the demo site) would be ideal.

Unfortunately I’m also going to be travelling on the 3rd but I will try to make the call.

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 7:48 PM, Carl Leitner cleitner@capacityplus.org wrote:

Hi Lorrine,
I am traveling and unfortunately cannot make that call.
Cheers,
-carl

On Feb 25, 2014 5:19 PM, “Banister, Lorinne” lwbanist@regenstrief.org wrote:

All,

We need input from the OHIE leadership on what they feel is the best instantiation of OHIE at the current moment in time so we can make that available on
the demo site asap.

-Lorinne

From: provider-registry@googlegroups.com [mailto:provider-registry@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Derek Ritz
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:11 PM
To: facility-registry@googlegroups.com
Cc: Jennifer Williams; Provider Registry Google Group; Ryan Yates; Ryan Crichton; Hannes Venter
Subject: Re: OpenHIE Demo Site

Hi all.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

Hi Jennifer and Larry,

Cheers,
-carl

Thanks,

Larry Lemmon |
(317) 274-9141

For more options, visit

For more options, visit

Derek Ritz

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Sandbox” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-sandbox+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Ryan Crichton

Software Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org