OHIE OIDs

Hello All,

Apologies for posting this on the weekend :wink:

I was wondering if there are currently any OIDs for OpenHIE, or if not if there are any plans to get an OHIE OID. I am running into some places where, because of constraints placed in the SHR, Iā€™ll need to specialize a series of CDA templates to reflect the additional constraints (example: To indicate this document ā€œis aā€ CCD plus the following additional constraints). I think that the OHIE architecture group would be the perfect custodian of a ā€œroot OIDā€ for community and could then divide the OID up between each of the sub-communities (which in turn could sub-divide the OIDs how they see appropriate).

Another question which is related, but is a little bit of a digression; is there an OID for the MVP/CIEL vocabulary set? Iā€™ve searched HL7 many open OID registries but couldnā€™t find one. If there is none then perhaps that should be included in our OHIE OID registration?

Cheers

-Justin

Hi Justin,

I think this is a great idea. With our close ties to IHE we will definitely be needing OIDs at some time or another while implementing the IHE profiles. I agree the architecture group should be the custodian of a root OID.

@Justin, how can we go about registering an OID? What is the best OID registry for us to use?

@Shaun, would you guys be able to register a root OID on behalf of OpenHIE that we could then use going forward?

Cheers,

Ryan

Ā·Ā·Ā·

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 5:46 PM, Justin Fyfe justin.fyfe@ecgroupinc.com wrote:

Hello All,

Apologies for posting this on the weekend :wink:

I was wondering if there are currently any OIDs for OpenHIE, or if not if there are any plans to get an OHIE OID. I am running into some places where, because of constraints placed in the SHR, Iā€™ll need to specialize a series of CDA templates to reflect the additional constraints (example: To indicate this document ā€œis aā€ CCD plus the following additional constraints). I think that the OHIE architecture group would be the perfect custodian of a ā€œroot OIDā€ for community and could then divide the OID up between each of the sub-communities (which in turn could sub-divide the OIDs how they see appropriate).

Another question which is related, but is a little bit of a digression; is there an OID for the MVP/CIEL vocabulary set? Iā€™ve searched HL7 many open OID registries but couldnā€™t find one. If there is none then perhaps that should be included in our OHIE OID registration?

Cheers

-Justin

ā€“

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ā€œOpenHIE Architectureā€ group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-architecture+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

ā€“
Ryan Crichton

Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org