OHIE OIDs

Hello All,

Apologies for posting this on the weekend :wink:

I was wondering if there are currently any OIDs for OpenHIE, or if not if there are any plans to get an OHIE OID. I am running into some places where, because of constraints placed in the SHR, I’ll need to specialize a series of CDA templates to reflect the additional constraints (example: To indicate this document “is a” CCD plus the following additional constraints). I think that the OHIE architecture group would be the perfect custodian of a “root OID” for community and could then divide the OID up between each of the sub-communities (which in turn could sub-divide the OIDs how they see appropriate).

Another question which is related, but is a little bit of a digression; is there an OID for the MVP/CIEL vocabulary set? I’ve searched HL7 many open OID registries but couldn’t find one. If there is none then perhaps that should be included in our OHIE OID registration?

Cheers

-Justin

Hi Justin,

I think this is a great idea. With our close ties to IHE we will definitely be needing OIDs at some time or another while implementing the IHE profiles. I agree the architecture group should be the custodian of a root OID.

@Justin, how can we go about registering an OID? What is the best OID registry for us to use?

@Shaun, would you guys be able to register a root OID on behalf of OpenHIE that we could then use going forward?

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 5:46 PM, Justin Fyfe justin.fyfe@ecgroupinc.com wrote:

Hello All,

Apologies for posting this on the weekend :wink:

I was wondering if there are currently any OIDs for OpenHIE, or if not if there are any plans to get an OHIE OID. I am running into some places where, because of constraints placed in the SHR, I’ll need to specialize a series of CDA templates to reflect the additional constraints (example: To indicate this document “is a” CCD plus the following additional constraints). I think that the OHIE architecture group would be the perfect custodian of a “root OID” for community and could then divide the OID up between each of the sub-communities (which in turn could sub-divide the OIDs how they see appropriate).

Another question which is related, but is a little bit of a digression; is there an OID for the MVP/CIEL vocabulary set? I’ve searched HL7 many open OID registries but couldn’t find one. If there is none then perhaps that should be included in our OHIE OID registration?

Cheers

-Justin

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Architecture” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-architecture+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Ryan Crichton

Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org