How to move from Master Facility List in Excel and DHIS to a OpenHIE Facility Registry

Hi All,
I am Mayer Antoine from CDC Haiti working with PEPFAR, i have seen the notes of October 6 meeting.

For your information, sharing with you the lastest work done by the Ministry of Health in Haiti regarding Master Faclity List (MFL) with the support of USAID.

I am new the OpenHIE framework and my question is: what would be needed to use or transform this platform in an “OpenHIE Facility Registry” ?

Regards,

Mayer

Hi Mayer - My name is Scott Teesdale and I help manage the FR community and support various Facility Registry implementations as well. I would be happy to chat with you about this. Perhaps we could set up a time to speak?

Perhaps later you would be interested in summarizing the work you have been doing in Haiti as well? Im sure out OHIE community would be really interested to learn more about the great progress you have make too.

Best,

Scott

···

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 4:19 AM, Mayer Antoine mayerantoine@gmail.com wrote:

Hi All,
I am Mayer Antoine from CDC Haiti working with PEPFAR, i have seen the notes of October 6 meeting.

For your information, sharing with you the lastest work done by the Ministry of Health in Haiti regarding Master Faclity List (MFL) with the support of USAID.

I am new the OpenHIE framework and my question is: what would be needed to use or transform this platform in an “OpenHIE Facility Registry” ?

Regards,

Mayer

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Facility Registry (OHIE)” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to facility-registry+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Scott Teesdale
Project Manager - InSTEDD

Email: steesdale@instedd.org

Social: Twitter / LinkedIn

Hi Mayer

Looking at the subject of your email, if you already have dhis2 deployed in the country then there is no need to “move” to an openHIE facility registry as dhis2 already is one.

Looking at the content of your mail (and a very brief look at the links), transforming the current platform implies implementing the required api’s and demonstrating compatibility with existing openHIE interoperability workflows. This can be a good option if you have plans to maintain the current software and it already has good user acceptance. Having more recognized facility registry implementations out there would not be a bad thing.

Otherwise, I am sure Scott will advise you well on how you might transition.

Regards

Bob

···

On 10 December 2016 at 10:19, Mayer Antoine mayerantoine@gmail.com wrote:

Hi All,

Regards,

Mayer

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Facility Registry (OHIE)” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to facility-registry+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Bonjour Mayer.

As Bob has indicated, you may be further along that you realize. :slight_smile:

The OpenHIE specification leverages an underlying standards-based profile called Care Services Discovery (CSD). Information about the CSD specification (including a link to the profile document) can be found here: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/Care_Services_Discovery. This profile was actually developed by the OpenHIE community. Carl Leitner and I were the primary authors on this specification a few years ago and Carl is working with the IHE (www.ihe.net) technical committee this year to refresh the spec to include new interfaces. I’ve cc’d Carl on this thread.

To be OpenHIE-conformant, Mayer, you would want your existing facility directory (or directories, if you have more than one) to be able to populate a CSD-based “Information Manager” (such as the OpenInfoMan database) using the ITI-74 transaction. How to do this is described in the CSD profile documentation. We can help you with advice. Carl and Bob and Scott have first-hand experience doing this from their participation in multiple IHE Connectathons (the annual conformance-testing technical meetings at which software products can be “certified” against the standards).

I hope this is helpful.

Warmest regards et bon chance,

Derek.

···

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 1:56 AM, Bob Jolliffe bobjolliffe@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Mayer

Looking at the subject of your email, if you already have dhis2 deployed in the country then there is no need to “move” to an openHIE facility registry as dhis2 already is one.

Looking at the content of your mail (and a very brief look at the links), transforming the current platform implies implementing the required api’s and demonstrating compatibility with existing openHIE interoperability workflows. This can be a good option if you have plans to maintain the current software and it already has good user acceptance. Having more recognized facility registry implementations out there would not be a bad thing.

Otherwise, I am sure Scott will advise you well on how you might transition.

Regards

Bob

On 10 December 2016 at 10:19, Mayer Antoine mayerantoine@gmail.com wrote:

Hi All,

Regards,

Mayer

Derek Ritz

This email may contain confidential information intended only for the recipient. If you receive it by accident, please delete it.

Hi Mayer,

My name is Jamie Thomas. I am a member of the OpenHIE community and focus most of my efforts on communication management for OpenHIE. OpenHIE would love to
hear more about the work happening in Haiti on an upcoming OpenHIE Community call. We hold OpenHIE Community calls on the fourth Monday of each month from 10-11am Eastern Time, currently we have
an opening right now on Feb 27th @10am ET. Information on how to join the call can be found

here - https://wiki.ohie.org/display/resources/OpenHIE+Community+Call.

Here is what we have on the agenda for the next few months…

1. Dec 26 – Cancelled due to holiday season.

2. Jan 23 – Presentation on civil registration/viral statistics w/ Ed Duffus (Plan International)

If you think you would be interested in joining us to present on the Feb 27th call please let me know. This is not an overly formal conversation. Presentations typically have been about 30-40 min long plus Q&A however style is up

to you. It can be just a verbal presentation however if you have some slides we can also accommodate this. If you decide to share the great work you are doing with us on the call please just let me know at least a week in advance if you are going to
use slides so we can let attendees know so they can try to be in front of a computer.

Thank you in advance for consideration. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

**Jamie Thomas **|****Health Information Project Manager/Communications

Center for Biomedical Informatics

F447BFA7-64CF-416E-9382-5383D9F359EA[15].png

1101 West Tenth Street

Indianapolis, IN 46202

Tel 317-274-9218 | Fax 317-274-9305

Email: jt48@regenstrief.org | Skype: jamie.thomas5670 | Twitter: @RegenstriefGHI

www.regenstrief.org

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or privileged
information and are intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s). Additionally, the information contained herein may have been disclosed to you from medical records with confidentiality protected by federal and state laws. Federal regulations and
State laws prohibit you from making further disclosure of such information without the specific written consent of the person to whom the information pertains or as otherwise permitted by such regulations. A general authorization for the release of medical
or other information is not sufficient for this purpose.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the original message. Any retention,
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

···

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 4:19 AM, Mayer Antoine
mayerantoine@gmail.com wrote:

Hi All,

Regards,

Mayer

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
facility-registry+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Scott Teesdale
Project Manager - InSTEDD

Email: steesdale@instedd.org

Social: Twitter / LinkedIn