hmis-in-a-box

Hi all

Can anyone give some indication how to set about creating a sandbox instance of dhis2 we can use for testing interactions with the SHR?

Regards

Bob

Hi Bob!

Thanks for nudging this forward. I believe Ryan Yates (CC’d) can provide some pointers here. Looking forward to seeing this use operationalized.

All the best,

Shaun

···

Shaun J. Grannis, MD MS FACMI FAAFP
Biomedical Research Scientist, The Regenstrief Institute
Associate Professor, I.U. School of Medicine
410 West 10th Street, Suite 2000
Indianapolis, IN 46202
(317) 274-9092 (Office)
(317) 274-9305 (Fax)

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 4:15 AM, Bob Jolliffe bobjolliffe@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all

Can anyone give some indication how to set about creating a sandbox instance of dhis2 we can use for testing interactions with the SHR?

Regards

Bob

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Sandbox” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-sandbox+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Bob,

I can set that up for you, I will just need some information. I found some of the info here https://www.dhis2.org/downloads, but just want to clarify.

  1. Where can I find the version of dhis2 you would like installed?

  2. Link to installation instructions, and any modifications you would like to make to the standard config. Bonus for automated scripts!

  3. What are the hardware requirements you would recommend for this box? (e.g. 2 vcpus, 4 GB memory, 80 GB disk space)

  4. Do you have any demo data that needs to be loaded, that would be useful for testing?

  5. Link to the source repository and how to build from source, any special options that need enabled?

···

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 7:56 AM, Shaun Grannis sgrannis@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Bob!

Thanks for nudging this forward. I believe Ryan Yates (CC’d) can provide some pointers here. Looking forward to seeing this use operationalized.

All the best,

Shaun


Shaun J. Grannis, MD MS FACMI FAAFP
Biomedical Research Scientist, The Regenstrief Institute
Associate Professor, I.U. School of Medicine
410 West 10th Street, Suite 2000
Indianapolis, IN 46202
(317) 274-9092 (Office)
(317) 274-9305 (Fax)

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 4:15 AM, Bob Jolliffe bobjolliffe@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all

Can anyone give some indication how to set about creating a sandbox instance of dhis2 we can use for testing interactions with the SHR?

Regards

Bob

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Sandbox” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-sandbox+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thanks Shaun and Ryan.

@Ryan the info on dhis2.org is useful in a tutorial kind of way but (as you probably figured) not that useful for automated installing.

I’ve developed a simple ubuntu deb package (you’ll find it under http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs-core/dhis2/trunk/files/head:/tools/dhis2-tools-deb/) if you are interested in source which helps significantly with rapid and repeatable installs… I can send you detailed instructions in separate mail.

Hardware requirements sound ok. I don’t think we will need that much disk (40G should be more than adequate). 4G RAM will do to start with but if we end up with a lot of sample data we’d have to bump it up. But I think it will be fine to start with 4.

Need to give some thought to demo data. For the purpose of testing interaction with SHR we will need to use the facilities and a dataset definition from Rwanda. But thats not the same thing as demo data as such … I guess the short answer is there is not demo data at the moment we need to load - but there will be a sandbox postgresql database containing metadata.

Source code is always on launchpad. I suggest we will work with the latest 2.16 release in the sandbox. https://code.launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs-core/dhis2/2.16.

Will follow up shortly.

Regards

Bob

···

On Friday, 5 September 2014 14:07:19 UTC+1, ryan wrote:

Hi Bob,

I can set that up for you, I will just need some information. I found some of the info here https://www.dhis2.org/downloads, but just want to clarify.

  1. Where can I find the version of dhis2 you would like installed?
  1. Link to installation instructions, and any modifications you would like to make to the standard config. Bonus for automated scripts!
  1. What are the hardware requirements you would recommend for this box? (e.g. 2 vcpus, 4 GB memory, 80 GB disk space)
  1. Do you have any demo data that needs to be loaded, that would be useful for testing?
  1. Link to the source repository and how to build from source, any special options that need enabled?

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 7:56 AM, Shaun Grannis sgra...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Bob!

Thanks for nudging this forward. I believe Ryan Yates (CC’d) can provide some pointers here. Looking forward to seeing this use operationalized.

All the best,

Shaun


Shaun J. Grannis, MD MS FACMI FAAFP
Biomedical Research Scientist, The Regenstrief Institute
Associate Professor, I.U. School of Medicine
410 West 10th Street, Suite 2000
Indianapolis, IN 46202
(317) 274-9092 (Office)
(317) 274-9305 (Fax)

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 4:15 AM, Bob Jolliffe bobjo...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all

Can anyone give some indication how to set about creating a sandbox instance of dhis2 we can use for testing interactions with the SHR?

Regards

Bob

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “OpenHIE Sandbox” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ohie-sandbox...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.