Generating demo data for the SHR

Hi,

Update on the OHIE clinical demo data generation work.

My task was to take data collected from the RHIE forms, and transform them into CDA documents that could be consumed by OHIE 1.0.

I’ve built APHP documents to export vital signs / physical exams etc.

Questions:

Two of the forms deal with administrative encounter details - referrals and referral confirmations. How would we represent this data using CDA? I do think that this is information that we’d need to see reflected in our demo data.

Some of the code sets that we used for RHIE don’t really match with IHE profiles. Should I switch the RHIE based codes into appropriate LOINC codes so that they fit into the IHE compliant CDA documents?

Thanks and best regards,

Suranga Kasthurirathne

Regional Community manager (Asia-Pacific)

Hi Suranga,

I can’t be of much help with the first question but for the second one, I think you should change the codes to those used in the CDA profile so that we are conformant with the profile. It would be a process of matching the data we are currently storing in RHIE into the correct structures in the profiled CDA.

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 5:59 AM, Suranga Kasthurirathne surangak@openmrs.org wrote:

Hi,

Update on the OHIE clinical demo data generation work.

My task was to take data collected from the RHIE forms, and transform them into CDA documents that could be consumed by OHIE 1.0.

I’ve built APHP documents to export vital signs / physical exams etc.

Questions:

Two of the forms deal with administrative encounter details - referrals and referral confirmations. How would we represent this data using CDA? I do think that this is information that we’d need to see reflected in our demo data.

Some of the code sets that we used for RHIE don’t really match with IHE profiles. Should I switch the RHIE based codes into appropriate LOINC codes so that they fit into the IHE compliant CDA documents?

Thanks and best regards,

Suranga Kasthurirathne

Regional Community manager (Asia-Pacific)

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Shared Health Record (OpenHIE)” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhie-shr+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Ryan Crichton

Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org