Error in creating new patients on the CR

Hi,

This email doesn’t really belong in this mailing list, but here, goes…

I was digging into the sandbox, and just picked up something which may need fixing.

When creating a patient on the POC, specifying an address is optional. You can create a patient without an address. However, the POC will not generate an ADT message for the new patient. Instead, you will get a null pointer, and the new patient will not make it into the CR.

Also, this error will not turn up in any of the POC queues either, so it can be rather difficult to identify that something is wrong.

Can we make including an address in the ADT message optional ? does OpenEMPI require an address per every patient ?

I’d be happy to produce a patch if we can decide on the best way to do things…

···

Best Regards,

Suranga

Hi Suranga,

Do you get this problem when using the touch screen work flow of the PoC to create the patient or when using the normal OpenMRS create patient workflow? If you can provide more details on the error I can have a look at this further.

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 5:28 AM, Suranga Kasthurirathne surangakas@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

I was digging into the sandbox, and just picked up something which may need fixing.

When creating a patient on the POC, specifying an address is optional. You can create a patient without an address. However, the POC will not generate an ADT message for the new patient. Instead, you will get a null pointer, and the new patient will not make it into the CR.

Also, this error will not turn up in any of the POC queues either, so it can be rather difficult to identify that something is wrong.

Can we make including an address in the ADT message optional ? does OpenEMPI require an address per every patient ?

Suranga

Best Regards,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Shared Health Record (OpenHIE)” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhie-shr+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Ryan Crichton

Software Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

Hi,

Yes Odysseas, this error comes from the POC itself. I just wanted to check on it to make sure that the CR didn’t consider the patient address as a mandatory requirement.

@Ryan, yes, the error occurs when using the normal create patient workflow. I havent really tried using the touchscreen module on the sandbox, but will take a look now…

···

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 2:30 AM, Ryan Crichton ryan@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Suranga,

Do you get this problem when using the touch screen work flow of the PoC to create the patient or when using the normal OpenMRS create patient workflow? If you can provide more details on the error I can have a look at this further.

Cheers,

Ryan

Best Regards,

Suranga

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 5:28 AM, Suranga Kasthurirathne surangakas@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Suranga

Best Regards,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Shared Health Record (OpenHIE)” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openhie-shr+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Ryan Crichton

Just looping in Wayne.

I don’t think we should require the address to be mandatory in the module. I don’t think you have to specify it when using the touch screen module but I could be wrong. The source of the NPE should definitely be fixed. Suranga, please could you submit a issue on github for this. And feel free to work on the patch if you are able.

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Suranga Kasthurirathne surangakas@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Yes Odysseas, this error comes from the POC itself. I just wanted to check on it to make sure that the CR didn’t consider the patient address as a mandatory requirement.

@Ryan, yes, the error occurs when using the normal create patient workflow. I havent really tried using the touchscreen module on the sandbox, but will take a look now…

Ryan Crichton

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 2:30 AM, Ryan Crichton ryan@jembi.org wrote:

Hi Suranga,

Cheers,

Ryan

Suranga

Best Regards,

Hi,

Suranga

Best Regards,

Ryan Crichton