3-paragraph summary

Hi all.
I had an action item to cobble together a quick “provider registry” overview. Here is a first cut at such a summary.

I’m committing this document into the loving arms of the community… let’s co-own it as it is improved by our collective input. :slight_smile:

Derek.

13-06-13 Provider Registry 3-paragraph overview.docx (11.2 KB)

Hi Derek,

Thanks so much for this.

I think one other use case that is worth mentioning, that is outside of the health transaction domain, is to facilitate the exchange of data between different health workforce information systems. This would include, for example, in-service training systems, licensure and registration systems, and HR management systems.

Does anyone else have any feedback to incorporate?

Cheers,
-carl

···

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:29:40 PM UTC-4, Derek Ritz wrote:

Hi all.
I had an action item to cobble together a quick “provider registry” overview. Here is a first cut at such a summary.

I’m committing this document into the loving arms of the community… let’s co-own it as it is improved by our collective input. :slight_smile:

Derek.

I just wanted to write a quick note to say that I agree with the provider registry overview. That is inline with my understanding of what a provider registry is.

Cheers,

Ryan

···

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:34 PM, cleitner litlfred@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Derek,

Thanks so much for this.

I think one other use case that is worth mentioning, that is outside of the health transaction domain, is to facilitate the exchange of data between different health workforce information systems. This would include, for example, in-service training systems, licensure and registration systems, and HR management systems.

Cheers,
-carl

Hi all.

Derek.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Provider Registry” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to provider-registry+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Ryan Crichton

Software Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org

Hi guys, I agree. :slight_smile:

Not having been privy to the call however, not clear what the target of the paragraphs are?

When I read this, I presume that people are coming to your group specifically because of OpenHIE.

In my experience, people often come to a community (or a subcommunity) for a whole assortment of reasons. This has especially been the case with OpenHIE. For example, Tanzania wasn’t at a place where they were thinking critically about shared health records or national architectures, but were very interested in creating a central authority for facilities.

That said, if your goal is to acclimate new people to what you’re all about, you might want to change the emphasis slightly into something that emphasizes the problems and opportunities around provider registries and then at the end helps people understand that this piece ties into a larger view of national health information sharing architectures (the OpenHIE approach).

But again, I might not understand the goal. :slight_smile:

-Paul

···

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:34 PM, cleitner litlfred@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Derek,

Thanks so much for this.

Cheers,
-carl

Hi all.

Derek.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Provider Registry” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to provider-registry+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Ryan Crichton

Software Developer, Jembi Health Systems | SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ryan@jembi.org